It's official, England really has gone mad - boy fined £50 for letting go of a ballon

31 replies
Found 26th May 2008
Since this morning and having the news on fivelive and yes, reading the Sun's web-site i am staggered and appauled at what is happening.

Stories of a young lad's body being found in a park in Dewsbury, stabbing near a tube station in London and a man with head injuries around the corner where the 1st guy was stabbed, heaven knows of how many unreported and yet, this story is the most insane

A TEENAGER told yesterday of his shock at being fined £50 for letting go of a BALLOON.

Stunned Max Twizell, 16, was hit with the penalty for littering when he allowed the untied pink balloon to zoom out of his fingers at a charity event.

Link in 2nd post

I've just been reading of a post on here where someone is being harassed by their neighbours and nowt will happen and this kid gets a £50 fine.

The law is indeed an ass

1. Misc
  2. England
31 Comments

Original Poster

Banned

What a crazy country we live in, it may be time to emigrate.

High fuel prices, crime and lot's of people being murdered left right and centre.

DLM;2178735

What a crazy country we live in, it may be time to emigrate.High fuel … What a crazy country we live in, it may be time to emigrate.High fuel prices, crime and lot's of people being murdered left right and centre.

But at least we are coming down hard on people who let go of balloons !!!!

OMG I just chucked 15 or so 21st balloons in my back garden :w00t: better get them back in quick :?

Banned

guilbert53;2178744

But at least we are coming down hard on people who let go of balloons !!!!

All wrong, completely outrageous.

Banned

snowtiger;2178757

OMG I just chucked 15 or so 21st balloons in my back garden :w00t: better … OMG I just chucked 15 or so 21st balloons in my back garden :w00t: better get them back in quick :?

Quick!

snowtiger;2178757

OMG I just chucked 15 or so 21st balloons in my back garden :w00t: better … OMG I just chucked 15 or so 21st balloons in my back garden :w00t: better get them back in quick :?

:w00t:

Serves him right for littering :?

Air pollution?

Banned

On first glance, i thought the lad had let go of one that was filled. Read the article and it appears it was empty after he sucked out the helium then chucked the ballon on the ground.

Why is this any different to someone chucking a crisp packet or a macdonalds wrapper on the floor?

I doubt he'll litter again. I approve of zero tolerance policies as it works in other places (new York, Singapore etc).

No doubt the Sun embellished the story a little too (as per usual). I wouldn't call a 16 year old a boy either these days.

Just my opinion.

Is this true? - probably just a lot of hot air!

Latex lunacy!

[CENTER]http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/jgr/lowres/jgrn257l.jpg

http://www.x-entertainment.com/halloween/2004/october2/6.jpg[/CENTER]

DLM;2178735

What a crazy country we live in, it may be time to emigrate.High fuel … What a crazy country we live in, it may be time to emigrate.High fuel prices, crime and lot's of people being murdered left right and centre.

why should we emigrate to let a tiny minority spoil it for us (apart from petrol price)

police - teachers even parents have had so many basic rights taken away its up to us - you me

and everyone else to change it

link to contact your member of parliament parliament.uk/dir…cfm

email them and tell them of your concerns regarding crime etc - they have got to reply and you

also ask them to bring up your concerns in parliament - they were voted in to represent us -

make them earn the £175 a day

i have now fell off my soapbox - oops im going to sue the council lol

DLM;2178735

dont emigrate just wait till everybody is dead/murdered then you will have the whole uk to yourself!! ;-)

Council is right, I would fine him too.

holly100;2178832

why should we emigrate to let a tiny minority spoil it for us (apart from … why should we emigrate to let a tiny minority spoil it for us (apart from petrol price)police - teachers even parents have had so many basic rights taken away its up to us - you me and everyone else to change itlink to contact your member of parliament http://www.parliament.uk/directories/directories.cfmemail them and tell them of your concerns regarding crime etc - they have got to reply and you also ask them to bring up your concerns in parliament - they were voted in to represent us - make them earn the £175 a dayi have now fell off my soapbox - oops im going to sue the council lol

they have to reply but they dont actually have to do anything...they will be too busy claiming all their expenses...:p

Original Poster

That's a fair shout as it goes csiman, i didn't read it fully, perhaps it was littering after all.
Can't defend him, but does make me smile mind.
I know what you're saying, litter is litter but does seem over zealous.

the second such attack in dewsbury - a BNP foothold aswell ....

csiman;2178796

Why is this any different to someone chucking a crisp packet or a … Why is this any different to someone chucking a crisp packet or a macdonalds wrapper on the floor?I doubt he'll litter again. I approve of zero tolerance policies as it works in other places (new York, Singapore etc).No doubt the Sun embellished the story a little too (as per usual). I wouldn't call a 16 year old a boy either these days.Just my opinion.

Agree ............ :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Here's a question i have never figured out the answer, scientifically and theoretically.

You're driving a car, and throw out of your window, a lit cigarette butt. It goes under the vehicle behind. *Potentially* could this cause the vehicle to catch fire?
'Cos if so, that's gotta be one of the most dangerous example of litter and how many times have you seen it happen?

rob585;2178836

dont emigrate just wait till everybody is dead/murdered then you will … dont emigrate just wait till everybody is dead/murdered then you will have the whole uk to yourself!! ;-)

but then who would post deals on HUKD's :thinking:

boydent999;2178889

Here's a question i have never figured out the answer, scientifically and … Here's a question i have never figured out the answer, scientifically and theoretically.You're driving a car, and throw out of your window, a lit cigarette butt. It goes under the vehicle behind. *Potentially* could this cause the vehicle to catch fire?'Cos if so, that's gotta be one of the most dangerous example of litter and how many times have you seen it happen?

Oooh I totally agree, I think its a disgrace. I saw someone the other day smoking and holding a mobile whilst driving and then they threw their fag butt out the window, I was fuming.
:x

nikkib123;2178926

Oooh I totally agree, I think its a disgrace. I saw someone the other day … Oooh I totally agree, I think its a disgrace. I saw someone the other day smoking and holding a mobile whilst driving and then they threw their fag butt out the window, I was fuming.:x

The wife and i often sit in a bar and eat, drink and watch the world drive by...

We have seen so many people without seat belts and talking on the phone...

We have even seen a policeman eating a sandwich while driving past...

nikkib123;2178926

Oooh I totally agree, I think its a disgrace. I saw someone the other day … Oooh I totally agree, I think its a disgrace. I saw someone the other day smoking and holding a mobile whilst driving and then they threw their fag butt out the window, I was fuming.:x

FUMING now thats a good one!!!!:thumbsup:

rob585;2178938

FUMING now thats a good one!!!!:thumbsup:

He he - unintential :-D

Supermod

Damn right he got fined, little lout.

boydent999;2178889

Here's a question i have never figured out the answer, scientifically and … Here's a question i have never figured out the answer, scientifically and theoretically.You're driving a car, and throw out of your window, a lit cigarette butt. It goes under the vehicle behind. *Potentially* could this cause the vehicle to catch fire?'Cos if so, that's gotta be one of the most dangerous example of litter and how many times have you seen it happen?

It's now illegal to throw anything out of your car and you can get fined for doing so.

lol - I do wonder how you think a cigarette butt is going to cause the vehicle behind to catch fire though!?!

worto03;2179218

lol - I do wonder how you think a cigarette butt is going to cause the … lol - I do wonder how you think a cigarette butt is going to cause the vehicle behind to catch fire though!?!

Maybe a slight oil leak from somewhere?

worto03;2179218

lol - I do wonder how you think a cigarette butt is going to cause the … lol - I do wonder how you think a cigarette butt is going to cause the vehicle behind to catch fire though!?!

You could swerve to avoid it, roll your car, wrap it around around a tree, burst your fuel tank and petrol could splash onto the hot exhaust pipe... :whistling:

Original Poster

worto03;2179218

Leaking any kinda fluid on your car's undercarriage, it *could* get lodged on the underside....like i say, was only a theory i had
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions