Its one of those how much is it worth pages. Iphone minor damage.

7 replies
Found 30th Apr 2010
Hello boys and girls.

I have an iphone 3G. 8GB

It has a cracked plastic back. (split towards the bottom)

The silence button has come off but works.

And it has a patch/pressure mark at the bottom right of the screen about 4mm(squared) But is only noticable in different colours etc and totally usable.

How much do you think its worth?

I have thought about selling it to one of these enviro phone things? But not sure what they would give me due to the minor dmg.

(I know about the 7 day listing rule here)

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
7 Comments

£150ish

see one in FS/FT in similar condition yesterday for 170 without the dodgy screen tho

Most of the envirophone type companies dont care as long as it powers on.
I sent in an old HTC and it had no stylus, battery lasted all of 4hours when turned on, cracked battery cover (was actually in two pieces) and they still took it and paid me working price.

I saw one on my local ads that had 1 speaker not working and he sold for £70. Wish I had seen it sooner.

Have you tried to get a replacement?

Original Poster

jtx;8493475

Have you tried to get a replacement?

How so? Its out of warranty?

I had mine replaced out of warranty, I did have to make a bit of fuss but got there in the end.

Give it a go, if there's an Apple store near you book an appontment.

Original Poster

jtx;8494068

I had mine replaced out of warranty, I did have to make a bit of fuss but … I had mine replaced out of warranty, I did have to make a bit of fuss but got there in the end. Give it a go, if there's an Apple store near you book an appontment.

Nearest one is Manchester, I believe. Not sure in all honesty I can be bothered if its going to take a while to get replaced.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What is gearbest like on warranty?79
    2. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch34
    3. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21
    4. Parkopedia, can the info be trusted22

See more discussions