Found 8th Feb 2009
In south wales
Is it going to be another week off school ?????

1. Misc
  2. Snow
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Snow
46 Comments

Jammy git!
Nothing here (Gloucestershire)

Original Poster

skusey;4318879

Jammy git!Nothing here (Gloucestershire)

Not very heavy yet, but my kids have been up my mams for the weekend and I got to go pick them up before it does get heavy.:thumbsup:

skusey;4318879

Jammy git!Nothing here

+1
+1

:thumbsup:

Original Poster

dontdothatagain;4318893

+1+1:thumbsup:

lol x x x xx

Nothing in SE London

Beautiful sunny day here:-D

Original Poster

macdoona;4318910

Nothing in SE London

gutting x x

Original Poster

rosie2008;4318917

the sky is very white so I think we have more to come you can't see any blue so I think it may come down heavy later

Angelstar;4318922

gutting x x

some would be nice but don't want the kids off school as they break up for half term on Thursday (Friday is an inset day)

rosie2008;4318917

+1

Original Poster

macdoona;4318977

some would be nice but don't want the kids off school as they break up … some would be nice but don't want the kids off school as they break up for half term on Thursday (Friday is an inset day)

I know mine are off for half term after this week too :thumbsup:

Original Poster

dontdothatagain;4318995

+1

must just be wales then lol x x x x x

Angelstar;4318934

the sky is very white so I think we have more to come you can't see any … the sky is very white so I think we have more to come you can't see any blue so I think it may come down heavy later

snowman pics later then?:-D

Original Poster

rosie2008;4319029

snowman pics later then?:-D

lol my kids went out in the snow last week and was back in the house in 10 minutes freezing I want to play on the wii and never bothered with the snow. I was gutted x x

Angelstar;4319005

I know mine are off for half term after this week too :thumbsup:

And were meant to be going to Scotland on Saturday.

Original Poster

macdoona;4319047

I know I was just reading your location on your avy. I really hope you make it up there and have a lovely time x x x x x :thumbsup:

macdoona;4319047

you scottish mac?

Original Poster

bloody stopped now, trust me got all excited and done a post and it's stopped. never mind x x x

rosie2008;4319072

you scottish mac?

Yep but been down in London for the last 6.5 years.

Angelstar;4319110

bloody stopped now, trust me got all excited and done a post and it's … bloody stopped now, trust me got all excited and done a post and it's stopped. never mind x x x

Send it up here!! :roll:

macdoona;4319133

Yep but been down in London for the last 6.5 years.

:giggle: shoulda known by the name. lol Where you from?

no snow at all since last Monday here in Stockport. It had gone by Tuesday as well. Not impressed as I was hoping to get a skive off work all week. I'm praying for 6 foot of snow today :-)

Original Poster

dontdothatagain;4319143

Send it up here!! :roll:

lol x x x x x :thumbsup:

Original Poster

mufc72;4319157

no snow at all since last Monday here in Stockport. It had gone by … no snow at all since last Monday here in Stockport. It had gone by Tuesday as well. Not impressed as I was hoping to get a skive off work all week. I'm praying for 6 foot of snow today :-)

well it's still on the mountains and grass and that here, but the roads are clear, my kids haven't been to school since monday as the pavements were too slippery

Angelstar;4319167

well it's still on the mountains and grass and that here, but the roads … well it's still on the mountains and grass and that here, but the roads are clear, my kids haven't been to school since monday as the pavements were too slippery

Don't know if thats a good thing or bad thing for you, lol

Original Poster

mufc72;4319173

Don't know if thats a good thing or bad thing for you, lol

lol good as it saves on dinner money as it's £9.50 a week and I didn't have to push the pram up 4 hills to get them both to school, and bad cos the kids were bored and all they done was play on the wii. It was "mam i'm stuck can you do it for me" and "mam I want to play a different game now". MY 3 year old is a pain on the wii he swaps the games all the time x x x x x

Angelstar;4319197

lol MY 3 year old is a pain on the wii he swaps the games all the time x … lol MY 3 year old is a pain on the wii he swaps the games all the time x x x x x

I have a 20 month old boy so I know thats something I have to look forward to, woohoo. :thumbsup:

rosie2008;4319148

:giggle: shoulda known by the name. lol Where you from?

East Coast. A little place called Dirleton (between North Berwick & Gullane, Golf Open championship place) 30mins from Edinburgh

[IMG]google.co.uk/map…ata?CxUauFUDHfK51f8g____________AQwtGrhVAzXyudX_QLACSJwBUgJHQmgBkAEIygECZW4[/IMG]

undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/dir…on/

Original Poster

mufc72;4319207

I have a 20 month old boy so I know thats something I have to look … I have a 20 month old boy so I know thats something I have to look forward to, woohoo. :thumbsup:

Yes lol, my baby is 17 months and he loves playing with an empty steering on the wii, but he's clever he knows there's no remote so he will wait till one of the others put theirs down and grab it. Then he won't give it back to them he scowls at them. Then they come running to me "mam the baby got the remote and he won't give it back"

We are still a foot under - even though it hasn't snowed since Friday.............going to help dig out the school playground later, as they are going to try and open up tomorrow - for the first time in a week (which my son isn't too happy about!)...........

Weather forecast is saying we are due more snow today, tomorrow and Tuesday, so my digging may all be in vain......

Made a snow pig yesterday

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m302/dancrawley/EvenMoreSnowFebruary2009015.jpg

This was the scene on Friday (although it is a bit sunnier now..........)

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m302/dancrawley/MoreSnowFebruary2009001.jpg

sunny in birmingham

Original Poster

oooooh wow , now that's a cracking snowfall ours wasn't as bad as that, I like the snow pig lol

Angelstar;4319250

oooooh wow , now that's a cracking snowfall ours wasn't as bad as that, I … oooooh wow , now that's a cracking snowfall ours wasn't as bad as that, I like the snow pig lol

We are quite high up here - all nearby towns are pretty much snow free I believe, but we are pratically snowed in - only way out is East, towards Berkshire, where they still have some grit, and can be bothered to send out the snowplough.....

Haven't had post since Wednesday, as it comes from Marlbourgh - the Post Office cash van had to be pulled up the hill by a tractor on Wed - that was the last we saw of Royal mail!

Original Poster

dancrawley;4319270

We are quite high up here - all nearby towns are pretty much snow free I … We are quite high up here - all nearby towns are pretty much snow free I believe, but we are pratically snowed in - only way out is East, towards Berkshire, where they still have some grit, and can be bothered to send out the snowplough.....Haven't had post since Wednesday, as it comes from Marlbourgh - the Post Office cash van had to be pulled up the hill by a tractor on Wed - that was the last we saw of Royal mail!

Yes we are quite high up too, in the next town all the snow went ages ago but it's still hanging around up here, and they don't understarnd in my hubby's work how bad it gets up here, and cos of all the hills it makes driving to work really difficult x x x

macdoona;4319212

East Coast. A little place called Dirleton (between North Berwick & … East Coast. A little place called Dirleton (between North Berwick & Gullane, Golf Open championship place) 30mins from Edinburgh[IMG]http://www.google.co.uk/mapdata?CxUauFUDHfK51f8g____________AQwtGrhVAzXyudX_QLACSJwBUgJHQmgBkAEIygECZW4[/IMG]http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/dirleton/dirleton/

Oh fab place to stay mac. Love north berwick and berwick on tweed.:thumbsup: Beautiful area.

Angelstar;4319289

Yes we are quite high up too, in the next town all the snow went ages ago … Yes we are quite high up too, in the next town all the snow went ages ago but it's still hanging around up here, and they don't understarnd in my hubby's work how bad it gets up here, and cos of all the hills it makes driving to work really difficult x x x

We have the same - my wife's boss practically ordered here into work yesterday, so we had to dig the drive out - took us over an hour - she arrived into work with 11 inches of snow still on the roof of her car! Hopefully they might appreciate the situation a bit more now.

Original Poster

dancrawley;4319320

We have the same - my wife's boss practically ordered here into work … We have the same - my wife's boss practically ordered here into work yesterday, so we had to dig the drive out - took us over an hour - you would hope they might have understood when she arrived into work with 11 inches of snow still on the roof of her car!

lol yes, but they don't care do they that it can be dangerous driving in the snow. It alays says on the radio only drive if necessary. She is brave driving in the snow I wouldn't risk it x x x

Angelstar;4319333

lol yes, but they don't care do they that it can be dangerous driving in … lol yes, but they don't care do they that it can be dangerous driving in the snow. It alays says on the radio only drive if necessary. She is brave driving in the snow I wouldn't risk it x x x

You out of bread/milk? We are lucky that the shop in the village has been getting regular deliveries still - lord knows how though! Do you have any brave souls with a 4x4 that can get out to the shops?

It has snowed for most of the morning here in N Cornwall but it didn't stick and it's turned to rain now. It looks like it's coming from the south so should be heading your way.:thumbsup:

rosie2008;4319304

Oh fab place to stay mac. Love north berwick and berwick on … Oh fab place to stay mac. Love north berwick and berwick on tweed.:thumbsup: Beautiful area.

It is a stunning area, My Dad is just outside Berwick Upon Tweed(Scottish side), Claims it's the closest to living in England as he's getting.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. School shoes - with lights33
    2. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...89
    3. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.36
    4. Foo fighters presale code.3436

See more discussions