Groups
    EXPIRED

Its time i got an official email address, what one should i get?

Proper 'official' looking email address for uni and job stuff. I want it to be my name, i was going to get a gmail account but they havent got i want avaiable so what other one would you suggest? i want to be able to read my emails on my iphone if that makes a difference.

9 Comments

check here and look for a pop3 provider (needed for iPhone I think) then check if your name is available

fepg.net/weu…tml

hth

EliTom

Banned

you can ususlly get gmail if you drop the middle initial in.

[email protected]gmail.com as example

Original Poster

mr.potato_head

Buy your own domain.Only a few quid a [email protected]

how do i do this?

123-reg.co.uk and then buy the domain name e.g. myname.co.uk

then follow this to use gmail for your emails.

Banned

If you're going for a free email account you can’t get a Gmail account, don’t bother with anything else. Just use a pen and paper. Nothing gets anywhere near as good as Gmail

Or as others have said, get your own domain, pereferably with some sort of webmail facility

Banned

DJ1

If you're going for a free email account you can’t get a Gmail account, d … If you're going for a free email account you can’t get a Gmail account, don’t bother with anything else. Just use a pen and paper. Nothing gets anywhere near as good as Gmail Or as others have said, get your own domain, pereferably with some sort of webmail facility

Get you own domain AND use gmail for your inbox. Outgoing can also be set to be coming from the domain rather than the gmail address.

mum2b

how do i do this?

go to freshwebnames.com/

UK based - good value and good customer service

check availabity of the domain you want

buy it

link any gmail / hotmail address to your domain name

EliTom

Remember the days when Gmail was invite only an nearly everyone blasted it because "they already had hotmail or yahoo".

Nice to see people have actually changed their opinion on it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1227
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      3. Easyjet - book now or wait?813
      4. Kitchen tap replacement33

See more discussions