Groups

Itunes help please

I'm trying to burn a cd from a playlist in itunes (not fom my actual ipod) and I press 'burn disc' and everything looks fine - it says its writing the first track. Then I get a message saying that the burn process is being cancelled and I get an error message saying something like 'you have encountered an unrecognisable error 4468', the disc ejects and I can't use the disc again cos a fraction of a song is copied onto it

Can anyone help please as its driving me mad (I appreciate my error description is a bit lacking in detail!)

10 Comments

wot ver of itunes you useing ?

Original Poster

I don't know - I was prompted to update it this week which I have done

Try burning in windows media player or even just drag the songs to your disk drive and burn that way...

If that works then the problem is with your itunes, if it doesnt then it maybe your Cd drive thats broke.

Thanks I will try that although I didn't know it was possible to click and drag out of my itunes library?

Try a different brand of CD-R.

I've tried two different brands of cd-r. I'm thinking the problem is itunes after looking at some pc forums. The only problem is that I can't decipher the tech speak to be able to follow directions. I'm going to try and click and drag into WMP

finicky2

Thanks I will try that although I didn't know it was possible to click … Thanks I will try that although I didn't know it was possible to click and drag out of my itunes library?

Dont drag them out of libray...find the actual music file. Do a search for it. (not in itunes)

Original Poster

vengod

Dont drag them out of libray...find the actual music file. Do a search … Dont drag them out of libray...find the actual music file. Do a search for it. (not in itunes)

Oh - they're only in my itunes library - does that mean I can't do it?

Put the 1st ver of itunes you had back on m8 ..... Ive have sum probs with the new ver of Itunes

Original Poster

pavilion

Put the 1st ver of itunes you had back on m8 ..... Ive have sum probs … Put the 1st ver of itunes you had back on m8 ..... Ive have sum probs with the new ver of Itunes

Okay I know I'm dragging this out but I don't even know how to that!! I've never tried buning a cd from itunes so I don't know if its ever worked
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What is there free to do in your town?37
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278966
      3. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020

See more discussions