Itunes + iPhone sync help - PLEEEEEEASE!

22 replies
Found 2nd Oct 2009
Ok, So the other day i got a replacement laptop, had to re-install itunes etc, but now when I sync, it says my phone is synced with another computer/version of itunes and to sync on this one it will delete my iPhone and start again..

Any way around this?

I have authorised this laptop.

22 Comments

there are programs out that will take the music off your iphone and put it on your PC,
then you can add it all back on to itunes and re-sync it back on to the iphone.
not sure if theres a quicker way to do it.
but the program i read about awas caleld yamapod or yamipod ithink.

Original Poster

that's silly, not paying for a program to do it, goto be another way, apple must know this sort of thing happens!

I dont think there is - it will basically wipe your music.

theres a few programs out there that will do, you dont have to pay for them :whistling:

Original Poster

ok, sod it, how do i get my contacts off the phone? i will wipe the lot after that and start again, need to update to 3.1 anyway...

Go on, tell me i cant get my contacts off.. = iPhone in bits under my foot!

Apples implementation of stuff is a farce.

When you do manage to find a program to backup ipod it's never for your version.

Apple have the same mindset as AOL had . Their protocol is better but is buggy is better but is flawed is better but not user friendly.

shame you cannot recreate the library on new laptop if you do still have access to old HD just copy everything back to same directory you had it isntalled on the old laptop but I know you would have thought of that already more than likely so :sorry.

I dont think 3.1 can be jailbroken mind...

It can but not itouch or 3gs as of 15th sept

Original Poster

vengod;6461756

I dont think 3.1 can be jailbroken mind...

kk, well will leave updating for now, this sucks, any way to get my contacts only?

its like i need to do a first time sync but it wont let me

Original Poster

its a standard 3G

can you copy contacts to sim then import to pc from another phone

I would stick to 3.0 fttb

Original Poster

no option on v3.0 to copy to sim, only to copy from sim to phone..

google.co.uk/sea…oq=

maybe first youtube vid has answer . I don't have iphone never really interested me until I got me and my son an itouch .

sort out itunes prefs to only sync things you have ticked though eg manage manual stuff. so do it without iphone Hooked up until you got the options the way you want to stop it syncing non existent music lib / apps etc

i had a similar issue but ended up losing everything! Why can i tunes put all your apps back on your phone automatically after a 3.1 install! grr

Good luck

Original Poster

dontasciime;6461935

http://www.google.co.uk/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=copy+contacts+from+iphone+3g+3.0&meta=lr%3D&aq=f&oq=maybe first youtube vid has answer . I don't have iphone never really interested me until I got me and my son an itouch .

Thanks done that, seems to work, a few formatting issues but nothing major..

rep left dude..:thumbsup:

Original Poster

just need my pictures now and ill be happy to start from scratch after that.

DudeyGeeza;6462056

just need my pictures now and ill be happy to start from scratch after … just need my pictures now and ill be happy to start from scratch after that.

use the windows camera / fax thing to back them up

support.apple.com/kb/…857

work backwards from the support answer

Original Poster

dontasciime;6462079

use the windows camera / fax thing to back them up … use the windows camera / fax thing to back them up http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1857work backwards from the support answer

u sir are UP THERE!

All done, thanks a bunch, will leave you more rep when i can..
got everything i need for now so nice one:thumbsup:

You're welcome.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6463331

It's not apples fault you didn't make a back-up, apple can't do it so … It's not apples fault you didn't make a back-up, apple can't do it so itunes can pull music back off otherwise it's basically supporting piracy as you can get all your friends music off theres, all you have to do is back up the old itunes folder then copy it back across again after, my ipod can sync with both my pc's as they both run the same library.

lol, it's not apples fault my laptop broke. I had a backup, and a recent sync, but the new laptop came back with a clean install.

without opening the laptop and voiding my warranty, there was no way for me to get my files off.

Love your attitude in your first line.. hillarious dude..:w00t:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 192 ***721
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769569
    3. Star Wars The Last Jedi1331
    4. Did you know?3055

See more discussions