Expired

iTunes Keyboard Shortcut (Windows)

4 replies
Found 26th Aug 2010
My mate was playing COD on his mac today whilst listening to music and every so often a song would come on shuffle that neither of us liked and he used a keyboard shortcut and skipped to the next song. I know that he was either playing the music via Spotify or iTunes and my question is: is there a equivalent keyboard shortcut for windows (for either program) that works in the same way? (i.e. skip a song when iTunes/Spotify is working in the background and isn't the main window of focus)
Any help is much appreciated

4 Comments

ctrl f for next ctrl b for back ctrl p for play etc
a lot of keyboards have dedicated media buttons

Original Poster

Thanks for the reply, Unfortunately my laptop doesn't have any media buttons, lots of other functions I don't use and have no use for but no media control ones and I tried the ones you suggested and no avail unfortunately but thank you

If you were really desperate you could probably use Sharpkeys to remap something to a media button: sharpkeys.codeplex.com

I believe it does make the change at registry level, so you'd have be very careful/sensible about what button you choose to replace.

Use a program called ItunesKeys, lets you map any keyboard controls to itunes and runs in system tray so works when using other applications

Just found and installed it myself
mattberube.com/sof…ys/
Edited by: "WinterSoldier5" 26th Aug 2010
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?1321
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming3257
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428714680
    4. Wow apple you really are bad2128

See more discussions