iTunes problem, HELP - All my purchases have gone???

7 replies
Found 23rd Sep 2007
Stupidly I haven't backed up my music on iTunes for ages, and last night when I tried to log in, iTunes would not open. After consulting a mate I re-installed the iTunes software and was able to open the application with no problem. BUT everything has now gone - no purchased music, games, videos or playlists apart from a few old imported CD's.

OK......I'll do a system restore I thought, but the only restore point I have available is last night. I cant work that out? I know iTunes was working perfectly last week, so how can I get everything back?

My ipod still has everything on it - can I transfer everything back to my PC?
And......how can I carry out a system restore on my PC to an earlier date, if there are no restore points available? :-(

7 Comments

Banned

all your music could be somewhere on your hard drive, also i think you can transfer songs from your ipod to itunes

Store tab ---> Check for purchases

Just contact itunes and they will resend your accoutn back to you for download again

Banned

LazyDonkey

Stupidly I haven't backed up my music on iTunes for ages, and last night … Stupidly I haven't backed up my music on iTunes for ages, and last night when I tried to log in, iTunes would not open. (

A good demonstration of why not to use iTunes if ever there was one!

You may be lucky though. As suggested they may still be on your PC hard drive. Use the search facility in explorer to look for .mp3 (or the proprietry extention that iPods use)

Good luck!

Original Poster

The iTunes folder in my C: drive still has everything in there, but after adding the folder to iTunes, everything is all over the place and I have no playlists?

Im having a bit of trouble atm with itunes -- im trying to back up all my music to a dvd - but it freezes everytime and i gotta restart

Even dragging and dropping 1 song to the d drive freezes it my comps rubbish

Banned

LazyDonkey

The iTunes folder in my C: drive still has everything in there, but after … The iTunes folder in my C: drive still has everything in there, but after adding the folder to iTunes, everything is all over the place and I have no playlists?

try double clicking on every song slow but thats how to get it back on itunes lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland814
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769309
    3. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!66
    4. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…2239

See more discussions