Groups

ITV: Car Wars. Sergent using her phone whilst driving.

Just started watching car wars on itv and couldn't believe it when the female sergent ( Julie) used her phone handheld to call hubby to tell him about the last job whilst driving back to the station.

Thoughts?

41 Comments

Original Poster

One rule for us, Another for them ?

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l568/screwyouhukd/15C6552D-4FA8-475E-80D5-8F6085029080_zpsj3hfcri1.jpg
    Edited by: "ScrewYou" 20th Sep 2016

saw a cop driving out of Batley police station on Friday eating a sandwich.

it was a radio. also you are allowed to use a phone in an emergency situation.

Banned

Good luck with that.

I had one ring me up who rang me up making several threats of arrest. Funny that when I complained the taped phone call went "missing" at their end lol Therefor no evidence other than the documented time, date, name & brief conversation notes I made in my diary. Still not enough evidence to charge the officer with abuse of authority.

Funny that.
    Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 20th Sep 2016

I don't watch ITV.
    It's for the steerage class of the populous

Original Poster

drtongue

it was a radio. also you are allowed to use a phone in an emergency … it was a radio. also you are allowed to use a phone in an emergency situation.

You can clearly see it's a mobile phone and it wasn't an emergency situation. She was returning to the station and simply phoned hubby to tell him about her last job.

No emergency and nothing that couldn't of waited another couple of minutes until she had parked up.

How old was the programme? Is it possible that it was shot before it became illegal?

Banned

deeky

How old was the programme? Is it possible that it was shot before it … How old was the programme? Is it possible that it was shot before it became illegal?

Its this/last year

YouDontWantToKnow

Its this/last year

Ah, ok. I thought he might have been watching a 1998 episode on Sky 1

did it smell like bacon ? X)

shadey12

saw a cop driving out of Batley police station on Friday eating a … saw a cop driving out of Batley police station on Friday eating a sandwich.

Wait, there are still police out there?

ScrewYou

You can clearly see it's a mobile phone and it wasn't an emergency … You can clearly see it's a mobile phone and it wasn't an emergency situation. She was returning to the station and simply phoned hubby to tell him about her last job. No emergency and nothing that couldn't of waited another couple of minutes until she had parked up.

​in that case watch it on catchup get her number and report her.

Banned

Venezia

Wait, there are still police out there?

Yeah. I see about 6 to 8 turn up to tesco for a shoplifter...... but if you have a problem....???

Im more concerned that she has a Sky Box running in the police van!

YouDontWantToKnow

Yeah. I see about 6 to 8 turn up to tesco for a shoplifter...... but if … Yeah. I see about 6 to 8 turn up to tesco for a shoplifter...... but if you have a problem....???

Ahh, so I steal from a shop then report my issues?

Banned

Venezia

Ahh, so I steal from a shop then report my issues?

You will certainly have a "captive" audience

Car Wars Twitter

Alice Cox ‏@alicelaurine 1h1 hour agoPlease tell me I'm not the only one … Alice Cox ‏@alicelaurine 1h1 hour agoPlease tell me I'm not the only one who saw that police officer on her actual phone whilst she was driving? #CarWars

in the voice of Jimmy Cricket "and there's more"

Banned

philphil61

Car Wars Twitterin the voice of Jimmy Cricket "and there's more"

Good find. Loads of people saw it lol

start a petition...get her sacked...where do i sign X) or just move on with life

Banned

DarkEnergy2012

start a petition...get her sacked...where do i sign X) or just move on … start a petition...get her sacked...where do i sign X) or just move on with life

6 points and a fine will do

YouDontWantToKnow

6 points and a fine will do

that sounds kinda harsh, what about grounded for a month, no crisps for 2 weeks & 300 lines
    "i must not use a phone while i'm driving on tv"

Banned

DarkEnergy2012

that sounds kinda harsh, what about grounded for a month, no crisps for 2 … that sounds kinda harsh, what about grounded for a month, no crisps for 2 weeks & 300 lines"i must not use a phone while i'm driving on tv"

Or just take her phone off of her when she comes into work & she can have it back at home time?

DarkEnergy2012

that sounds kinda harsh, what about grounded for a month, no crisps for 2 … that sounds kinda harsh, what about grounded for a month, no crisps for 2 weeks & 300 lines"i must not use a phone while i'm driving on tv"

A law is a law

Nobody is above the law (except certain celebrities, politicians, police and not forgetting the BBC (no Graham it's not your time))

It was a radio
    Edited by: "ScubaDudes" 20th Sep 2016

It Can Wait Leicestershire Police

She wasn't wearing her seatbelt either , and that was on public roads. 1 rule for us and 1 rule for them.

She's been let off with "advice and a fine"

One rule for one...

Banned

stuarthanley

She's been let off with "advice and a fine" One rule for one...

Has she? Really?

YouDontWantToKnow

Has she? Really?

Yes. It was on the official police twitter account.

Banned

stuarthanley

Yes. It was on the official police twitter account.

Bunch of *******

YouDontWantToKnow

Bunch of *******

There has been uproar over it. I don't think it'll end there.

Banned

stuarthanley

There has been uproar over it. I don't think it'll end there.

Hopefully. 3 points because it was filmed before the 6 points new "law"

Banned

''Northumbria Police said the incident is not a criminal offence as the officer was on a police access road to a police station and in the police staff area of the car park.''

Therefore the officer involved was not handed any penalty points or a fine by the force.
    She has however made a contribution to Brake road safety charity for the amount of a fixed penalty notice.

Read more: metro.co.uk/201…91/

Edited by: "MrScotchBonnet" 21st Sep 2016

MrScotchBonnet

''Northumbria Police said the incident is not a criminal offence as the … ''Northumbria Police said the incident is not a criminal offence as the officer was on a police access road to a police station and in the police staff area of the car park.''Therefore the officer involved was not handed any penalty points or a fine by the force.She has however made a contribution to Brake road safety charity for the amount of a fixed penalty notice.Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/21/police-officer-criticised-for-using-mobile-phone-at-the-wheel-while-on-tv-show-6143691/#ixzz4KvVDxqXk

The law

The law doesn't state whilst on a public road. The Police are misinterpreting the law to protect one of their own.

More worrying to me is not the fact that she used the phone while driving, but the stupidity of doing it when she knew she would be seen doing it by millions of people.

Banned

stuarthanley

The lawThe law doesn't state whilst on a public road. The Police are … The lawThe law doesn't state whilst on a public road. The Police are misinterpreting the law to protect one of their own.

I just can't seem to process it still. She was with a camera TV crew filming for a new show at a prime hour on one of the major broadcasters. In what possible realm did it cross her mind to do it? I honestly can't make sense of it.

Banned

deeky

More worrying to me is not the fact that she used the phone while … More worrying to me is not the fact that she used the phone while driving, but the stupidity of doing it when she knew she would be seen doing it by millions of people.

Great minds there deeky....

The woman is lucky to have a job. bbc.co.uk/new…949

Totally unrelated to this story.
    Edited by: "Paddy_o_furniture" 22nd Sep 2016

Paddy_o_furniture

The woman is lucky to have a job. … The woman is lucky to have a job. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-11711949Totally unrelated to this story.

Unrelated and old but understood
    I'm not against the law (in general) my main issue is with justice/punishment. That said on this story even an apology is too little to late. The damage has been done.

And as for the actual topic of this thread and the police officer caught, not once but two times on ITV cameras driving whilst using her mobile should be fined and should receive those points. Nothing less will be acceptable.

Northumbria Police must enforce the law otherwise they'll continue to prove there is one law for them and one law for us
    Edited by: "philphil61" 22nd Sep 2016

Original Poster

philphil61

Unrelated and old but understoodI'm not against the law (in general) my … Unrelated and old but understoodI'm not against the law (in general) my main issue is with justice/punishment. That said on this story even an apology is too little to late. The damage has been done.And as for the actual topic of this thread and the police officer caught, not once but two times on ITV cameras driving whilst using her mobile should be fined and should receive those points. Nothing less will be acceptable.Northumbria Police must enforce the law otherwise they'll continue to prove there is one law for them and one law for us

My point exactly. ( only you made it a lot better than me ).

The arrogance of her to even dream of doing such a thing beggars belief.

Her superiors really need to rethink their stance on this to avoid leaving themselves open to all sorts of allegations.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions