ITV Debate - Who was the strongest?

Found 18th May
There was the 2 hour long debate on ITV, between the 5 parties (that should have been 7 but Corbyn and May didn't come...), who do you think had the strongest performance in the debate?

1. Misc
  2. ITV
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. ITV
29 Comments

Nutall way better than anyone on that panel.

Nuttall was the butt of most of the abuse, to be honest the whole thing was pointless, without Labour or Conservative it didnt really matter.

I also find it pointless that SNP and Plaid are included in these things, with both parties directly concerned with only their parts of the UK.

Nuttall? Seriously. Didn't have a clue on any actual details. Was a laughing stock. Did agree with him on training uk residents to build new houses. Sturgeon and Green Party woman easily the best politicians. Welsh lassie is always nervous on the telly. Tim farron needs a slap, he will not recognise the result of the referendum. SNP & Plaid Cymru were their as it's a UK general election not a England election. Pretty simple

Should we not be asking who was the stablest ?

This is a election for Westminster. Scotland have another vote for Holyrood. Welsh are the same. Northern Irish couldnae run a **** up in a Guinesss factory. Only reason England don't have their own parliament is they think Great Britain is england

Well it certainly was a load of mass debating.....

Julie Etchingham.

Clukey3000

This is a election for Westminster. Scotland have another vote for … This is a election for Westminster. Scotland have another vote for Holyrood. Welsh are the same. Northern Irish couldnae run a **** up in a Guinesss factory. Only reason England don't have their own parliament is they think Great Britain is england

England and the English tends to buy into the United idea - we're all the same and blessed to live in these islands.

Trouble is many 'little' Englanders decided it was all about them - not England, not Scotland, not Wales or Northern Ireland - but all about them - inbred halfwits have ruined it for everybody.

I turned it off. Scottish and Welsh issues are of no relevance to me and I won't waste my time watching a programme that is going over them. No disrespect to those great countries. Just true, I wouldn't expect them to take an interest in other countries either

Pretty pointless show and pointless troughing Politicians, Drain the quagmire.

I think Nut-case Nuttal's Natalie nailed it! UKIP leader repeatedly referred to both Caroline Lucas (Green party) and Leanne Wood (Plaid Cymru) as Natalie.

What a joke he was. Poor chap took the heat on behalf of UKIP as well as the Tories.

But truly I think Caroline Lucas came across the best.

However, as most of us need to vote for who can be elected to govern us or in order to keep out who must not govern us, I think labour won. All took shots at both non-attendees but by far, Teresa May got the greater roasting. Hence, I think Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour party probably won (even without turning up).

The better discussion actually was on BBC Question Time later in the evening where Labour's Angela Rayner shone head and shoulders above the rest. She clashed repeatedly with the Tory Priti Patel and every time delivered a knockout to the great satisfaction of the audience.

Labour appears to be closing the gap with the Tories with each day of the campaign. There will not be a landslide. I think, whatever your inclination is, we should all go out and exercise our vote. Not only is it our right, but it is a responsibility that we should discharge. If not for our sake, then we should discharge it for the future generation.

Lib Dems have the best Manifesto in my opinion,

ban dirty diesel cars,

give voting powers to 16 year olds,

Discount bus passes for all 16 to 21 year olds.

Legalise cannabis (making it safer in the process),

protect freedom of movement allowing the young to still study abroad,

oppose Heathrow expansion,

build 300,000 new homes a year, and introduce a new 'rent to own' policy to help the young get on the property ladder, your rent is used to pay for your property, which you will then own after 30 years.

Edited by: "Moonwolf1976" 19th May

Moonwolf1976

Lib Dems have the best Manifesto in my opinion, ban dirty diesel cars, … Lib Dems have the best Manifesto in my opinion, ban dirty diesel cars, give voting powers to 16 year olds, Discount bus passes for all 16 to 21 year olds.Legalise cannabis (making it safer in the process), protect freedom of movement allowing the young to still study abroad, oppose Heathrow expansion, build 300,000 new homes a year, and introduce a new 'rent to own' policy to help the young get on the property ladder, your rent is used to pay for your property, which you will then own after 30 years.

I agree and will vote for them. But they have 2 problems.

1. I think they will get squeezed, and Conservatives will do very well.
2. People still haven't forgiven them for u-turn on tuition fees despite tempering a lot of Conservative policies whilst in coalition.

Moonwolf1976

Lib Dems have the best Manifesto in my opinion, ban dirty diesel cars, … Lib Dems have the best Manifesto in my opinion, ban dirty diesel cars, give voting powers to 16 year olds, Discount bus passes for all 16 to 21 year olds.Legalise cannabis (making it safer in the process), protect freedom of movement allowing the young to still study abroad, oppose Heathrow expansion, build 300,000 new homes a year, and introduce a new 'rent to own' policy to help the young get on the property ladder, your rent is used to pay for your property, which you will then own after 30 years.

And if they ever got in they'd backtrack on everything, like they did tuition fees, Voting LibDemolition is a wasted vote.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 19th May

Moonwolf1976

Lib Dems have the best Manifesto in my opinion,.

But no credibility
Moonwolf1976

ban dirty diesel cars,.

I got a diesel so oppose that
Moonwolf1976

give voting powers to 16 year olds, .

Silly in my opinion
Moonwolf1976

Discount bus passes for all 16 to 21 year olds..

No problem with that (except there are more pressing things to spend our money on)
Moonwolf1976

Legalise cannabis (making it safer in the process), .

Agree, will happen sooner or later.
Moonwolf1976

protect freedom of movement allowing the young to still study abroad, .

You cant have freedom of movement and Brexit.
Moonwolf1976

oppose Heathrow expansion, .

Not bothered either way.
Moonwolf1976

build 300,000 new homes a year, and introduce a new 'rent to own' policy … build 300,000 new homes a year, and introduce a new 'rent to own' policy to help the young get on the property ladder, your rent is used to pay for your property, which you will then own after 30 years.

Sounds ok in theory, what happens if you move, does the 30 year clock start again.

Edited by: "123thisisme" 19th May

Conservatives for not turning up to this slanging off negative fest..

Not much of a debate when 4 out 5 people agree with each other.

The Lib Dems are really trying to stay relevant by appealing to people who voted no in the referendum...UKIP are now pointless and I don't know why SNP are there, if they won every seat she couldn't be PM.

Why give airtime to any of these bottom feeders?

SNP & Plaid Cymru are there as it's a National election i.e. The UK. And they are the leaders of their parties. Simple really

Simpsons2

SNP & Plaid Cymru are there as it's a National election i.e. The UK. And … SNP & Plaid Cymru are there as it's a National election i.e. The UK. And they are the leaders of their parties. Simple really

Not really, SNP don't like westminster making decisions that affect them. So why is it ok for SNP to vote in Parliament on issues that concern people outside of their territory? They hate the Tories, but took votes from Labour making the Tories stronger than ever.
Hopefully Sturgeon will get her wish and she can disappear.

DKLS

Not much of a debate when 4 out 5 people agree with each other.

And again one or two were having a dig at Nuthall for UKIP's anti-immigration policies but failed to notice or comprehend that UKIP want controlled immigration

Politics in this country are a shambles at this time
No real opposition
Lies
Manifesto's that are not certified contracts (meaning they are just a sales pitch that can be retracted)

splatsplatsplat

Not really, SNP don't like westminster making decisions that affect them. … Not really, SNP don't like westminster making decisions that affect them. So why is it ok for SNP to vote in Parliament on issues that concern people outside of their territory? They hate the Tories, but took votes from Labour making the Tories stronger than ever.Hopefully Sturgeon will get her wish and she can disappear.

SNP tend to vote only when it will have an effect on who they do represent. As for making tories stronger by taking votes... that doesn't make any sense.

mubashar

I think Nut-case Nuttal's Natalie nailed it! UKIP leader repeatedly … I think Nut-case Nuttal's Natalie nailed it! UKIP leader repeatedly referred to both Caroline Lucas (Green party) and Leanne Wood (Plaid Cymru) as Natalie.What a joke he was. Poor chap took the heat on behalf of UKIP as well as the Tories.But truly I think Caroline Lucas came across the best.However, as most of us need to vote for who can be elected to govern us or in order to keep out who must not govern us, I think labour won. All took shots at both non-attendees but by far, Teresa May got the greater roasting. Hence, I think Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour party probably won (even without turning up).The better discussion actually was on BBC Question Time later in the evening where Labour's Angela Rayner shone head and shoulders above the rest. She clashed repeatedly with the Tory Priti Patel and every time delivered a knockout to the great satisfaction of the audience.Labour appears to be closing the gap with the Tories with each day of the campaign. There will not be a landslide. I think, whatever your inclination is, we should all go out and exercise our vote. Not only is it our right, but it is a responsibility that we should discharge. If not for our sake, then we should discharge it for the future generation.

You are Deluded fella, Wishful thinking over common sense loses every time.

Moonwolf1976

You are Delude also and your thinking is deeply dangerous and downright stupid.

tryn2help

England and the English tends to buy into the United idea - we're all the … England and the English tends to buy into the United idea - we're all the same and blessed to live in these islands.Trouble is many 'little' Englanders decided it was all about them - not England, not Scotland, not Wales or Northern Ireland - but all about them - inbred halfwits have ruined it for everybody.

The Welsh surprisingly also voted in favor of Brexit despite the 2 Billion funding they got from the EU X)

Moonwolf1976

Lol you can't run a country purely on those policies.

dtovey89

Lol you can't run a country purely on those policies.

Yeah but if cannabis were legal, who would care?

philphil61

And again one or two were having a dig at Nuthall for UKIP's … And again one or two were having a dig at Nuthall for UKIP's anti-immigration policies but failed to notice or comprehend that UKIP want controlled immigrationPolitics in this country are a shambles at this timeNo real oppositionLiesManifesto's that are not certified contracts (meaning they are just a sales pitch that can be retracted)

I think it reflects a massive failure of the global political classes and career politicians, they appear to be spectacularly useless on a global scale and not offering anything different. To me voting its like choosing which dog egg to step into, you know its going to be unpleasant regardless of choice hence why I only vote rarely, I realise no govt is going to help me so I look to help myself.

3guesses

Yeah but if cannabis were legal, who would care?;)

Me. I've seen what that does to people long term. Cannabis apologists are ridiculous.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. disneyland paris tickets11
    2. Cineworld - possible to book film for future at counter to save booking fee…55
    3. Whey protien621
    4. What's the best used laptop I can get for £180?37

See more discussions