ITV Player on an LG TV ?

Found 4th Dec 2015
Any ideas on how I can get ITV Player on my LG TV - all information on the internet suggests this is not possible. The 'internet' tab allows you to go to the ITV Player website but when you try and watch a programme you get a 'this device does not support flash player' or something similar.

Would a Chromecast / Kodi device work ?
Community Updates
AskITVLGTVLG TV
18 Comments
Only works on Samsung tv it's to do with license rights.
I bought a talktalk youview box brand new off ebay for £60.00 18 months ago when I ditched sky. It has all of the demand players. It has two HD tuners which are better than the one that LG gives you. I know as on my last LG from 2011 and my current 2015 one the picture is better using the box. Oh and you can pause, rewind and record live tv. Perfect......It's a Huawei DN370t. The DN371t and DN372t are the later models. You shouldbe able to pick a used one up for about £35.00.

The box has never failed to record a scheduled recording and I can definitely recommend it. The box isn't wireless but you can soon make it so by using an ethernet adapter. I use the sky wireless adapter which works a treat.
Original Poster
Smartguy1

I bought a talktalk youview box brand new off ebay for £60.00 18 months … I bought a talktalk youview box brand new off ebay for £60.00 18 months ago when I ditched sky. It has all of the demand players. It has two HD tuners which are better than the one that LG gives you. I know as on my last LG from 2011 and my current 2015 one the picture is better using the box. Oh and you can pause, rewind and record live tv. Perfect......It's a Huawei DN370t. The DN371t and DN372t are the later models. You shouldbe able to pick a used one up for about £35.00. The box has never failed to record a scheduled recording and I can definitely recommend it. The box isn't wireless but you can soon make it so by using an ethernet adapter. I use the sky wireless adapter which works a treat.

Thanks very much
you can get it and the other players on a now tv box, the basic box is 14.99 if you don't want any of the packages
Original Poster
mikey_d

you can get it and the other players on a now tv box, the basic box is … you can get it and the other players on a now tv box, the basic box is 14.99 if you don't want any of the packages

Thanks, even on an LG TV ?
DeanSteven

​On whatever brand of tv you plug the now tv box into (?)
Original Poster
craigstephens

​On whatever brand of tv you plug the now tv box into (?)

Great, Thanks.
DeanSteven

It plugs into a hdmi socket on the tv, so it will work with any tv that has one, it even comes with the hdmi cable
Get a youview box

Avoid Huawei as pretty slow and buggy

Get a humax

I recommend a bt dtr-t2100 which go for £60 on ebay
I have a Huawei DN370t. It is not slow or buggy at all. It's certainly a lot faster at changing channels and populating the tv guide in comparison with my LG 50LB650v and some of the newer models of LG and Samsung.
I also have the dtr-2100 which I haven't tried yet.
Smartguy1

I also have the dtr-2100 which I haven't tried yet.

Prepare to change your mind about the Huawei not being slow

Instant epg, boots in 3 seconds, instant channel change, plays iplayer etc within 2 seconds
Edited by: "chocci" 6th Dec 2015
We will see. Looks like I should have tried my dtr-2100 sooner lol but am desperately trying to watch what I taped on the Huawei.

I will use you advice as a guide and report back the comparison. I had assumed the slowness to populate the tv guide was a 'feature' with Youview as a friend has the BT Humax model before the dtr-2100 and he said that is also a bit slow to populate the guide. In comparison with my tv though and a couple of the Samsung tv's I was looking at recently it' s not too bad. My LG is very slow at populating anything but that is due to WEBOS 1. Not a good advert for LG in my opinion and although WEBOS 2 is a lot faster it is still an awful system in my opinion.
Smartguy1

We will see. Looks like I should have tried my dtr-2100 sooner lol but am … We will see. Looks like I should have tried my dtr-2100 sooner lol but am desperately trying to watch what I taped on the Huawei.I will use you advice as a guide and report back the comparison. I had assumed the slowness to populate the tv guide was a 'feature' with Youview as a friend has the BT Humax model before the dtr-2100 and he said that is also a bit slow to populate the guide. In comparison with my tv though and a couple of the Samsung tv's I was looking at recently it' s not too bad. My LG is very slow at populating anything but that is due to WEBOS 1. Not a good advert for LG in my opinion and although WEBOS 2 is a lot faster it is still an awful system in my opinion.

Yep the humax dtr1000 is slow for boot and epg. You'll be impressed. Can't you have both plugged in but the humax doing new recordings?
chocci

Yep the humax dtr1000 is slow for boot and epg. You'll be impressed. … Yep the humax dtr1000 is slow for boot and epg. You'll be impressed. Can't you have both plugged in but the humax doing new recordings?

Yes I can do that. In fact I should have done that ages ago and use the dtr-2100 to record everything while I watch my recorded stuff on the old one.
Smartguy1

Yes I can do that. In fact I should have done that ages ago and use the … Yes I can do that. In fact I should have done that ages ago and use the dtr-2100 to record everything while I watch my recorded stuff on the old one.

Report back when you have done a good comparison
chocci

Report back when you have done a good comparison

I most definitely will.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions