Groups

I've been feeling really dizzy since I was at the gym several hours ago, am I ok?

I had a long workout at the gym today and suddenly felt extremely dizzy half way through my workout but just like the battler I am, when things get difficult, I try even harder.

I assumed this was because I became quite hungry but as soon as I came back home, I had quite a bit to eat and still feel so dizzy....I feel like I could faint at any moment, what's going on?

53 Comments

Isn't it advised that if you fell dizzy or weak etc. when working out, you should stop?

Banned

Go to bed :thumbsup:

Wow, just wow.

your blood sugar might be low

Original Poster

emasu;4316766

Isn't it advised that if you fell dizzy or weak etc. when working out, … Isn't it advised that if you fell dizzy or weak etc. when working out, you should stop?

I know but I wanted to finish my workout and needed to make my way home too......I couldn't even walk straight...that's how bad it was. :?

DLM;4316774

Go to bed :thumbsup:

I'm already in bed but the second I lift my head from the pillow, I feel extremely faint. :oops:

you over done it. try liftin 2kg instead of 4kg. just rest

phatboy123;4316807

'greed.

Maybe you should have a chocolate bar or a banana or something?

You having enough fluids? As you may not seem thirsty but your body needs to fluid lost whilst your workout throught sweat so vital water is cosumed!!

do you suffer from high blood pressure might be worth a trip to the docs to check it out..

yeh i would think that also it is your blood sugar levels but also as you are obviously aware if you feel at any point ill or faint while working out you should stop immediately so why didnt you?

Sounds like low blood pressure to me Hypotension.

You might be pregnant!

Not being funny, but have you had the "skits" during or since?

Original Poster

phatboy123;4316807

The JFK;4316817

'greed.Maybe you should have a chocolate bar or a banana or something?

I never thought of that, I'm gonna go and check it out in a sec, thanks for the advice.

andy108uk;4316815

you over done it. try liftin 2kg instead of 4kg. just rest

I was lifting a lot more than that, at least 20 times that and was at the gym for almost 3 hours.

Naeem786;4316821

You having enough fluids? As you may not seem thirsty but your body needs … You having enough fluids? As you may not seem thirsty but your body needs to fluid lost whilst your workout throught sweat so vital water is cosumed!!

That could be the case, as my face was sweating quite a lot and when I had some biscuits, my mouth was completely dry, even though it didn't feel like it was.

ukmonkey;4316823

do you suffer from high blood pressure might be worth a trip to the docs … do you suffer from high blood pressure might be worth a trip to the docs to check it out..

I used to suffer from high blood pressure but it went back down to a normal level a while back but my family does seem to have a tendancy of HBP.

You never drank any water at all throughout the workout? Mate I go through like 3-4 litres in a workout!!

so u was there for 3 hours. no wonder ur dizzy. u over done it

Sounds to me like low blood sugar buddy

Banned

Best get to the quacks. Might be nothing, but potentially it could be serious.

Maybe its a precognitive feeling for 3.15 tomorrow afternoon! :w00t:

well in other words self inflicted!

Banned

you were too busy sniffing around all the women at the gym so your blood pressure would be up :roll:

Original Poster

Since my last post, I've now had 4 glasses of water, loads of chocs, handful of peanuts and a packet of crisps.......I don't think I had this many snacks even when I used to get the munchies. :giggle:

I don't think I'm dehydrated, as my urine is practically transpararent but lets see if all this makes a difference, I hope it does because I've undone all my hard gymwork from earlier....just to recover from it....how ironic. :roll:

Original Poster

guv;4317046

Best get to the quacks. Might be nothing, but potentially it could be … Best get to the quacks. Might be nothing, but potentially it could be serious.Maybe its a precognitive feeling for 3.15 tomorrow afternoon! :w00t:

Well, I'm having my goodbye party at the bar, so lets hope Arsenal give me a nice send off. :thumbsup:

realfriendlyman;4317309

Since my last post, I've now had 4 glasses of water, loads of chocs, … Since my last post, I've now had 4 glasses of water, loads of chocs, handful of peanuts and a packet of crisps.......I don't think I had this many snacks even when I used to get the munchies. :giggle:I don't think I'm dehydrated, as my urine is practically transpararent but lets see if all this makes a difference, I hope it does because I've undone all my hard gymwork from earlier....just to recover from it....how ironic. :roll:

lol, Know what you mean. I had a really hard training session yesterday, thought I was gonna die.

Went home and ate a cake, tonnes of chocolate and tea. A lot of good that did haha.

LOL! I love it when people post on here "a deals website" for advice on the most common sense situations ever!

was certainly put in the right section "entertainment" haha

Cheapsh0t;4317757

LOL! I love it when people post on here "a deals website" for advice on … LOL! I love it when people post on here "a deals website" for advice on the most common sense situations ever!was certainly put in the right section "entertainment" haha

Sometimes this site is like the Samaritans!

Original Poster

Cheapsh0t;4317757

LOL! I love it when people post on here "a deals website" for advice on … LOL! I love it when people post on here "a deals website" for advice on the most common sense situations ever!was certainly put in the right section "entertainment" haha

I find it funnier that "people" don't realise that there's so many members on here including computer experts, solicitors and even NHS staff, that most problems can be resolved, shame you haven't realised that.

And yes...I did realise that I worked out too hard but I didn't expect to feel faint for several hours later, as I've done long workouts before and occasionally get dizzy but it doesn't last long.

You definitely do justice to your name. :giggle:

realfriendlyman;4316904

I was lifting a lot more than that, at least 20 times that and was at the … I was lifting a lot more than that, at least 20 times that and was at the gym for almost 3 hours..

you have got to be kidding me???? that is absolutely ridiculous, mate 3 hours will be completely detrimental to your training NOT beneficial. Your body was warning you basically.

Banned

Trickyjabs;4318333

Sometimes this site is like the Samaritans!

nah if the smaritans had a live help line on here and had to try to sort out those who post help threads.. they would end up ringing themselves :roll:

Banned

kungfu;4319091

you have got to be kidding me???? that is absolutely ridiculous, mate 3 … you have got to be kidding me???? that is absolutely ridiculous, mate 3 hours will be completely detrimental to your training NOT beneficial. Your body was warning you basically.

what he didnt tell you he was talking to most of the female members for 2 1/2 hours :w00t:

dog_cop;4319108

what he didnt tell you he was talking to most of the female members for 2 … what he didnt tell you he was talking to most of the female members for 2 1/2 hours :w00t:

lol hope so cos working out for 3 hours is moronic :thumbsup:

rfm..fyi..my weights workouts last 45min, they shouldnt be over an hour max or youre overworking muscles and thats prob worse than not even going

Original Poster

I normally workout for anything between 1-2 hours anyway, so didn't really see it as a biggy.

And DogCop....don't you take a lot of calls and then speak to your dog about it...that's not the samaritans line you know? :whistling: :giggle:

It's been nearly 24 hours and I'm stilling feeling dizzy but I know you lot will tell me I'm a gluton for punishment but I'm off to get ready to watch the North London derby at a bar and it's kinda my going away party too....but I won't drink much...as I was gonna get smashed.

working out for 2-3 hours isnt doing you any good. your just over working your body. How long you work out does not determine how fit you are. 45mins to a hour is all your work out should take unless you spend a hour ontop of that talking to people while your at the gym.

I was in hospital two weeks ago with a viral infection that effected the inner ear RFM. I couldn't lift my head off my pillow and kept passing out... If you're not feeling any better then you should go & see your gp at least. Were you feeling 100% fine before the gym?

kungfu;4319091

you have got to be kidding me???? that is absolutely ridiculous, mate 3 … you have got to be kidding me???? that is absolutely ridiculous, mate 3 hours will be completely detrimental to your training NOT beneficial. Your body was warning you basically.

this

Banned

realfriendlyman;4319475

I'm a gluton for punishment but I'm off to get ready to watch the North … I'm a gluton for punishment but I'm off to get ready to watch the North London derby at a bar and it's kinda my going away party too....but I won't drink much...as I was gonna get smashed.

That could be it. Nervous apprehension, coupled with the thought of standing in a pub where the Arsenal pong is likely to be strong.

Where you going BTW?

u went gym for 3 hours..........................didnt take any fluids on board...............didnt stop when ur body was telling u that u enough was enough......................

u blooming eejit! next time dont go for so long, its ok to carry on and push urself when ur feeling tired, but u dont carry on if ur in real bad shape, carry a water bottle everywhere u go around the gym, i dont think id survive a gym session without having bout 3 bottles of water, even during weights sessions i use it. maybe u shud eat a banana before every sesion, or a mars bar.....or maybe a protein shake.

ps.....shudda wrote this in gym thread, theres bout 8 ppl who go gym nearly everyday on there and a qualified personal trainer on their answering questions.

guv;4319753

That could be it. Nervous apprehension, coupled with the thought of … That could be it. Nervous apprehension, coupled with the thought of standing in a pub where the Arsenal pong is likely to be strong.Where you going BTW?

guvvious, im gonna be cheering for tottenham today!!!!!!!!!

i want keane to score a hatrick!

Banned

acecatcher3;4319795

guvvious, im gonna be cheering for tottenham today!!!!!!!!!i want keane … guvvious, im gonna be cheering for tottenham today!!!!!!!!!i want keane to score a hatrick!

I'd like them all to score a hatrick!:w00t:

As always though in these derbys, there's nervous aprehension.

Defeat would be unbearable at anytime - but particularly at the mo. Both teams need the points. Safety is paramount for us and a place in the EUFA cup for them.:p

Original Poster

I was drinking water, I had about 1.5litres during the workout but kept feeling faint.

I'm off the watch the game at highbury, you're welcome to come along Guv and I'd buy you a few drinks because even though you're a Yidoo, you're a standup guy.

You've gone down in my estimations Ace, you really have.........unless you want my beloved Arsenal to win....otherwise I hope Watford get relegated. :giggle:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Kong Kon…811
      2. Whoop! Next Sale VIP Slots have been released55
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047067
      4. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407239

See more discussions