Ive Been Scammed by Gamer-Heaven.net

Found 8th Jan 2016
Morning All,

I preordered a hoodie ages ago with a “December” release date off Gamer-Heaven.net

This website is now ‘Down For Maintenance’

AllWhoIs:
Registrant PHIL GLOSSOP
Registrant Email Caroline@Gamer-Heaven.com (Notice .com and not .net)
Technical Email Phil@Crazy4Group.com
Location SHENINGTON (?), OXON.

In the first couple of weeks of December, I emailed and asked if they had a date it would be sent so I had enough time to wrap it and take it with me (as it was a present). No reply.

I emailed again – not strong or anything – just before Christmas asking if this had been dispatched and to confirm dispatch date. No reply.

I emailed again over the break asking if they actually have an release date/stock in hand – and when I could expect it now that we’d missed Christmas. No reply.

Their telephone number on their website (01295675659) over the holidays said [mans voice] “Hello, this is Gamer Heaven and we’re closed over the holidays – we’ll reopen on 4th January please call back then”

Now, I tried on the 4th and the 5th and it still had this message.

But today, its [robot voice] “You’ve reached Crazy4. If you know the extension, please dial it now”. Then it goes onto another robot voice saying “Gamer Heaven” and that you’ll be answered by the next agent (?!)

By the looks of their stock/website, this is a two man company out of a home office nothing big – and their ridiculously cheap telephone service they’ve paid for is embarrassing.

However, if you hold on that number (or try to speak to an agent) the phone just rings off and you get a voicemail option. Which ive left a message on. No reply.

Ive already paid for the goods – as I paid via their SagePay portal (way back in August).

So;

Its obviously a scam/fake website/the worlds most poorly ran ‘shed’ business.
Can I get my money back?
How would I go about doing this? Speak to my bank and try and reverse the transaction – way back in August?

Any help on this sort of online purchase sort of thing would be brilliant. Thank you.
Community Updates
20 Comments
Your consumer rights are protected by Sagepay so you can either contact them or contact your bank to claim back the refund.
A hell of alot of people have been scammed by them. Always look company's up for reviews if never ordered before. This sham of a company was being ADVERTISED in Xbox OFFICIAL magazine to gamers. I immediately contacted the magazine about it. Ever so sorry they did this to you
Oh and anyone buying from GAME also be careful. Some of their stuff is now being 'fulfilled' by gamerheaven. Another company who didn't do their research before putting them in the face of customers ready to get scammed
Cyanide

I immediately contacted the magazine about it.

Have you got any details for this so I can throw them an 'Update' too.

Will now need to find my SagePay receipt, which I assume would have been emailed.

Not sure how that works though - "Hello SagePay, here's my receipt number - refund it please"

Surely they'll give GH a chance to confirm they sent it (or at least send me an empty envelope via Recorded Delivery so they can obtain a proof of postage).

I am truly gutted.

I actually bought the hoodie because the discount code was advertised on this site
Contact Phil. Keep emailing him. Not sure if he just gets sick of me but he eventually replies and I have received a partial refund for some items that didnt arrive in time for christmas.

Cyanide

Always look company's up for reviews if never ordered before

Ouch.
trustpilot.com/rev…net
These guys are worth avoiding. Contact card provider.

Hopefully Hot Uk Deals will remove them as a deal provider....
@ Silhouette I tried to PM you with a method of getting a reply, but as I only signed up to reply to this I can't!

If you can pm me an email address I can tell you what triggered me getting my refund (and a reply!)
Hey Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've taken a look at reviews elsewhere too and we'll now no longer be allowing any deals to be shared on HUKD for this merchant.

Thread will obviously remain open so you can hopefully get some assistance from other members and get this sorted out. Thanks again.
Silhouette

Ouch.https://www.trustpilot.com/review/gamer-heaven.net

​yup I nearly brought something from them but I decided to check up about them and that's what I found too sadly
Silhouette

Have you got any details for this so I can throw them an 'Update' … Have you got any details for this so I can throw them an 'Update' too.Will now need to find my SagePay receipt, which I assume would have been emailed.Not sure how that works though - "Hello SagePay, here's my receipt number - refund it please"Surely they'll give GH a chance to confirm they sent it (or at least send me an empty envelope via Recorded Delivery so they can obtain a proof of postage).I am truly gutted. I actually bought the hoodie because the discount code was advertised on this site

​i think I tweeted to the official xbox magazine or something like that and xbox and it got passed down to the right place I got a comment back asking for proof and shown him the same as you found. it's unbelievable how this website somehow has still not been taken down and has now made its way into GAME too where unexpecting parents probably turn to for their children who would be none the wiser that it's not being fulfilled by them but gamerheaven.
magicjay1986

Hey Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've taken a look at … Hey Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've taken a look at reviews elsewhere too and we'll now no longer be allowing any deals to be shared on HUKD for this merchant. Thread will obviously remain open so you can hopefully get some assistance from other members and get this sorted out. Thanks again.

​Thank god!! You wouldn't believe how many people I've tried to stop before they brought on this site who were unaware
Smacstatic

If you can pm me an email address I can tell you what triggered me … If you can pm me an email address I can tell you what triggered me getting my refund (and a reply!)

Sent.

magicjay1986

Thread will obviously remain open so you can hopefully get some … Thread will obviously remain open so you can hopefully get some assistance from other members and get this sorted out.

...And Thanks!
Ive also found on the AllWhoIs information the contact details for complaints regarding the site. So ive emailed them too informing them they are hosting a scam site.

They'll hopefully look into it.

For clarity though, should I be contacting my card provider - or SagePay for a refund?

I dare say, if I contact Natwest they want to cancel my card or some other 'bau' nonsense.

Everytime I have any problem with them - they always insist on a card cancellation - which for an avid online shopper is so much ache!
Silhouette

Sent

Replied to your DM, apparently I had sufficient rights to do that, but not send you one in the first place!
Smacstatic

Replied to your DM, apparently I had sufficient rights to do that, but … Replied to your DM, apparently I had sufficient rights to do that, but not send you one in the first place!

Just saw this post

I also ordered from them. Could you please pass on any information for me to also report them or even get a partial refund?

Thanks!
Try:
sagepay.co.uk/dea…sue

Also tell them about trust pilot / other customers having issues, perhaps they can then suspend their billing if multiple customers contact them
Edited by: "Myriad" 8th Jan 2016
Same happened to me when I pre-ordered an item. All the other items on the order were in stock but did not ship, pre-order date constantly pushed back. No reply from them when I emailed. Gave up in the end and got the items elsewhere. It seems like Merchoid is a very similar outfit possibly even the same under a different name. Avoid them both like the plague, or any other sites that use Facebook sponsored ads to push their official merchandise!
They’re at it again on eBay. Had no contact from them about an item I bought. Bought the item the the shop went poof! Gone! Any help would be appreciated!
michael.saint13 h, 17 m ago

They’re at it again on eBay. Had no contact from them about an item I b …They’re at it again on eBay. Had no contact from them about an item I bought. Bought the item the the shop went poof! Gone! Any help would be appreciated!

If you bought from eBay then massive assumption you paid with PayPal. If they've closed the shop, then you should get a hassle free "win"

But get onto PayPal and log a case, then it's like 7 days for them to reply (which they probably won't) then PayPal will take 'x' days to review it and reward you with your full refund.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants