I've jailbroken my iphone - what do I do next?

After a few attempts I have managed to jailbreak my iphone 3g.
I have read the instructions from beginning to end including all of the comments, I have been on you tube, I have googled it but I am none the wiser how I can find the games/apps in Cydia or installer.
I added a source to installer - mc2.iphoneall.org. It turned all of the installer icons into pictures of a cat (?? bit random) and went to m2 games, downloaded the NES roms pack1 and pack2thinking these would be the games, but I cannot find the games anywhere. Also half of the options appear to be in a foreign language.
I'd love a bit of help/advice if you know what I am doing wrong or what not doing at all.

10 Comments

Hi, hope this helps

Open Cydia

To install an application:

* Press Install [on the bottom]
* Browse through categories to Games
* Select Game
* Press Install on top right
* Press Confirm to begin the download and installation

Dont worry you wont brick , have fun!!

Original Poster

beawolf44;3751737

Hi, hope this helpsOpen CydiaTo install an application: * Press … Hi, hope this helpsOpen CydiaTo install an application: * Press Install [on the bottom] * Browse through categories to Games * Select Game * Press Install on top right * Press Confirm to begin the download and installationDont worry you wont brick , have fun!!

Install? :?
In cydia I only have home, sections, changes, manage and search at the bottom (in the black box at the bottom of the screen).

Banned

What does "Jailbroken" mean?

Pluun;3752191

Yeah !! ???? :?

:santa:

Original Poster

Pluun;3752191

It means you have an extra application which allows you to download apps for free - rather than going through the apple apps store.

Well it would if I knew how to use it! ... anyone know?

Banned

sickly sweet;3752369

It means you have an extra application which allows you to download apps … It means you have an extra application which allows you to download apps for free - rather than going through the apple apps store.Well it would if I knew how to use it! ... anyone know?

Thank you

click on sections then onto games, when you see a game you like click install on the top right

sickly sweet;3752117

Install? :?In cydia I only have home, sections, changes, manage and … Install? :?In cydia I only have home, sections, changes, manage and search at the bottom (in the black box at the bottom of the screen).

What do you mean you dont have an Install. That makes no sense, I havent seen Cydia ever without an install key .

when you ran it the first time, did you get notice of " essential upgrade" . if you have not done it, then i suggest you do it. if you still cant find "install" key make sure its Cydia that you really have!

Original Poster

united002;3752756

click on sections then onto games, when you see a game you like click … click on sections then onto games, when you see a game you like click install on the top right

Oooh, I just did that and there are some games, but none of the ones I was hoping for, like crash bandit, mario kart, bejeweled - where would I find ones like that?

beawolf44;3752832

What do you mean you dont have an Install. That makes no sense, I havent … What do you mean you dont have an Install. That makes no sense, I havent seen Cydia ever without an install key .when you ran it the first time, did you get notice of " essential upgrade" . if you have not done it, then i suggest you do it. if you still cant find "install" key make sure its Cydia that you really have!

This is what I get on the home page, and the bottom keys;

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3074/dsc02617gt3.jpg

Am I missing an install button? Or am I just being a silly moo?

Thanks for the help.

Click on sections and then games is in there.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764189
    2. What do these 2 men have in common11
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846156
    4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1421

See more discussions