Groups

I've just been scammed for £1000

Don't believe it, on the phone to my bank as we speak!

More details to follow!

26 Comments

Hope you get it back!

?????

Original Poster

Balls, canceled my card and treating it as fraud.

Best one was £761.20 to scandinavian airline

Not happy!

how?.....
    i mean, just how did you manage that?

My housing assoc took a whole years rent out, instead of 1 month, £4000 went out and back in same day, but when I was looking online I saw the £4000 deposit first, nearly soiled myself, until i saw the payment lower down.

Can you believe though Barclay$ only charged my £8 in fees for that!?

Don't worry about it - it will all be returned by the bank including any fees attributed with it, unless you've been negligent (like losing your card and not reporting it).

oldmankensey;5208034

Balls, canceled my card and treating it as fraud.Best one was £761.20 to … Balls, canceled my card and treating it as fraud.Best one was £761.20 to scandinavian airlineNot happy!

I do hope the police get the details of the booking from the airline and have a get together at the airport!

Original Poster

I have another one for 53p to hostelbookers .com, strange one that.

I never lost my card or anything and all my firewalls are upto date.

The only places i Have used my card online since i Got a new one are littlewoods and amazon.

Aw well it happens I suppose

i got done for about a grand in paypal few months ago, got it all back dont sweat

Banned

oldmankensey;5208034

Balls, canceled my card and treating it as fraud.Best one was £761.20 to … Balls, canceled my card and treating it as fraud.Best one was £761.20 to scandinavian airlineNot happy!

hope they were good seats in first class:p

Whats the story???

oldmankensey;5208138

I have another one for 53p to hostelbookers .com, strange one that.I … I have another one for 53p to hostelbookers .com, strange one that.I never lost my card or anything and all my firewalls are upto date.The only places i Have used my card online since i Got a new one are littlewoods and amazon.Aw well it happens I suppose

That would be a test transaction to check that your card worked OK.

It obviously did.

oldmankensey;5208138

I have another one for 53p to hostelbookers .com, strange one that.

That will have been a test purchase to make sure all details are active as its unlikely youd notice it on a quick balance check, then once confirmed its active they go for the big kill.

Credit card details sell for as little as 50p a set when bought in bulk:thumbsup:

splatsplatsplat;5208078

I do hope the police get the details of the booking from the airline and … I do hope the police get the details of the booking from the airline and have a get together at the airport!

My partner card got done,and airplane tickets purchased amongst something to do with mobile phones,he was on phone to them and said what? I won't even step on a plane.
    Anyway they don't really do anyhing about it and likely could trace what flight and rest of details,but they don't bother.My partner was told,it was no need to report to police and get crime # as they not bothered for small amounts. £800 or so isn't small to us.

oldmankensey;5208138

I have another one for 53p to hostelbookers .com, strange one that.I … I have another one for 53p to hostelbookers .com, strange one that.I never lost my card or anything and all my firewalls are upto date.The only places i Have used my card online since i Got a new one are littlewoods and amazon.Aw well it happens I suppose

You can't just assume it's online fraud. You could have had your card details taken in a petrol station or a restaurant. Wherever you use your card physically, the assistant could br taking a swipe for themselves as well, even better if they get your PIN number. You have to be very careful these days.

my bank called me once for a card transaction for £1 which was a tester that they obviously spotted, otherwise they would have rinsed my account too, (luckily declined)I asked how they knew, they said it was for itunes in America.

Around 2 years ago a nigerian scammer came very close to frauding me for 500£s. He send me a mail telling me that I have one so n so million pounds n that kinda ****. And I fell for it. I emailed him back asking him how I can get my price money. He mailed me back saying that my price money will be send to me by PDQ courier service from the UK. he convinced me very well that he was genuine. He said that the charges for the courier will be 500 or something Pounds and that you will recieve your price money within 48 hours by express delivery. But then I tried to find out the address he gave me of PDQ couriers on google earth and that street number was just not there. That aroused strong suspicion in me. I then googled the lottery keyword and google imediately warned me about this kind of frauds and I managed to escape. Oh gosh, I was so Naive and foolish back then. But that experience did teach me a lot.

Buying international airline tickets on a stolen card number would seem to be particularly stupid as you would need proof of ID to fly. I'd have thought that the police would have a good chance of catching whoever did that.

as soon as i hear the word Nigeria i laugh

Original Poster

4leafed;5208526

You can't just assume it's online fraud. You could have had your card … You can't just assume it's online fraud. You could have had your card details taken in a petrol station or a restaurant. Wherever you use your card physically, the assistant could br taking a swipe for themselves as well, even better if they get your PIN number. You have to be very careful these days.

Yeah I dont use my card in any shops other than asda, I always withdraw from the cash machines though, i wasn't assuming for definate it was done online, although it would be my best guess

pravinpatil41;5208741

Around 2 years ago a nigerian scammer came very close to frauding me for … Around 2 years ago a nigerian scammer came very close to frauding me for 500£s. He send me a mail telling me that I have one so n so million pounds n that kinda ****. And I fell for it. I emailed him back asking him how I can get my price money. He mailed me back saying that my price money will be send to me by PDQ courier service from the UK. he convinced me very well that he was genuine. He said that the charges for the courier will be 500 or something Pounds and that you will recieve your price money within 48 hours by express delivery. But then I tried to find out the address he gave me of PDQ couriers on google earth and that street number was just not there. That aroused strong suspicion in me. I then googled the lottery keyword and google imediately warned me about this kind of frauds and I managed to escape. Oh gosh, I was so Naive and foolish back then. But that experience did teach me a lot.

LOL .. can't belive anyone even comes close to falling for scams like that, why would you think you've suddenly won money, like that happens!?

oldmankensey;5209766

Yeah I dont use my card in any shops other than asda, I always withdraw … Yeah I dont use my card in any shops other than asda, I always withdraw from the cash machines though, i wasn't assuming for definate it was done online, although it would be my best guess

Card skimmer devices on ATM maybe?

Original Poster

yeah it's definitely a possible, I do use these atm's all over the place. Well it's done now anyway.

Don't fret; it seems to be happening more and more. I've had a card skimmed from an HSBC in a small sleepy Surrey town, as well as several dodgy online transactions. Every one was picked up by the bank's fraud dept and all monies refunded. The plus side is that the bank now seem to keep a more watchful eye out for unusual transactions and pick them up instantly. Always tell your bank and card company if you're going abroad to prevent them stopping your card suspecting it's being used by someone else. If you want a laugh and have some time to read ]this is a great tale of a Nigerian Scammer being scammed back.

I had a call from HSBC 48 hrs ago saying they have been informed by POLICE that someone has got my card details !!?? and they have to stop it and send me a new one!!. Now I did not lost my card although I left it in my bag in a secure room in hospital. No abnormal transactions were detected though.

oh my goodness, how??
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31154
      2. Weekly game codes giveaway 182722
      3. Find out how good your GP surgery is1010
      4. Did you know?2951

See more discussions