Groups

ive just deleted a presentation off of a mem stick can i retrieve it??

as above need it for 2moz am gutted please can anyone help x

14 Comments

Banned

Please explain just how gutted you are.

How long ago was it deleted?

It is possible to recover deleted data of any drive, because when a file is deleted the file system just marks it (the file) as free space as it would be time consuming to physically remove the data from the drive , there are plenty of utilities available to do this, but...some are costly and the ones that aren't are command line only. There are some freeware ones available but they are not much good.
    Here is a link to a free one I have used this companies software before and its ok not the best but give it a go

]http//ww…om/

By far the best one is foremost but that is command line only. Just have a google

Good Luck

Original Poster

toshapetriji;6898106

cant find the words gutted is only one comes to mind coz im still in shock at how bloody blonde i am lol x

no offence to any blondes that actually get that!! LOL

Original Poster

thanks you all will give em a go x

dee.s.g;6898166

thanks you all will give em a go x

Let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

Don't write anyhting else to the disk in the meantime

toshapetriji;6898106

sicko....:p

Original Poster

found them but being told coz they r powerpoint presentations it cant open the type of file represented by

Original Poster

thanks to you all found the files but couldnt open them rep left to all xx

>as above need it for 2moz am gutted please can anyone help x

Which is why you should always keep a backup.

As a minimum, on the SAME memory stick create a folder called "backup" and keep a spare in there.

Then at least if you delete the master you always have the spare.

When I am working on a document or presentation I make a copy every so often and stick a number on the end of the name, like 001, then 002, then 003 and so on. I put these in the backup folder.

That way I have a set of historical backups.

Original Poster

guilbert53;6898792

as above need it for 2moz am gutted please can anyone help xWhich is why … >as above need it for 2moz am gutted please can anyone help xWhich is why you should always keep a backup.As a minimum, on the SAME memory stick create a folder called "backup" and keep a spare in there.Then at least if you delete the master you always have the spare.When I am working on a document or presentation I make a copy every so often and stick a number on the end of the name, like 001, then 002, then 003 and so on. I put these in the backup folder.That way I have a set of historical backups.

LOL it was my back up dont no what happened arghhhhhh well better get cracking hadnt i lol x

drop me a PM dee.s.g.. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3933
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1313

See more discussions