Groups

i've just finished watching seven pounds

such a powerful film. i would like to say brilliant, but i dont know if thats the right word.

incredible story, told in such a clever way, not revealing the full picture until the end (although i had an idea).

cant believe i didnt catch it earlier.

8 Comments

i would like to say brilliant, but i dont know if thats the right word.

think your looking for ****ing crap

Banned

I didnt like it, but some people also watch soaps, so i suppose it want that bad in comparison

You either get the twist early on and its an awful film or you watch it all the way through and the twist at the end comes as a shock. For me it was the earlier.

For me, it was average all the way through, and then good at the end, which makes me think I liked it... but when I really think about it, it wasn't all that...

It's one of those films that once you've seen it, you wouldn't really watch it again, I think...

I didnt hate it-it passed the time away ok,but personally wouldnt describe its as "powerful" or "brilliant"-it was pure american schmaltz.

Banned

numptyj;8208203

think your looking for ****ing crap

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And I still owe Ace a slap for recommending it to me.

andyat2002;8208221

You either get the twist early on and its an awful film or you watch it … You either get the twist early on and its an awful film or you watch it all the way through and the twist at the end comes as a shock. For me it was the earlier.

I didnt get it until near the end. Your theory isnt true. It was awful whenever you worked it out.

Original Poster

andyat2002;8208221

You either get the twist early on and its an awful film or you watch it … You either get the twist early on and its an awful film or you watch it all the way through and the twist at the end comes as a shock. For me it was the earlier.

although you know he's going to kill himself pretty much from the start, and you know that he's going to give up his heart to the girl, you dont know the full picture until the end, and i still wanted to see how it would pan out.

well i enjoyed it, it a strange kind of way. i think bittersweet may be the word.

Banned

still, it was better than 90 minutes of listening to nagging...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions