Ive read about Ice lolly

I have read about ice lolly not being very good. I wonder what personal experiences people have had with them. As I am aware they try to match flights with accommodation, but do not provide transfers of luggage include in that quoted price. So I like to know, being a single traveller.

14 Comments

Used them lots of times for cheap getaways everything included hotel flight transfer luggage

adamsedge

Used them lots of times for cheap getaways everything included hotel … Used them lots of times for cheap getaways everything included hotel flight transfer luggage

But were the headline prices on their site what you actually paid? Tried them twice and both times the price quoted online was far lower than the quote when i called.

No never pay the price on the site always been cheap though

Original Poster

That's what I am on about. I seen 2 weeks In crete for £168 on website I believe. But being a single travlller, I am trying to beat single supplement. So I thought this might be a good way to beat it. I am pretty sure, or at least from similar sites. They don't include transfers an luggage in that quoted price. So the previous comment is rather confusing to say the least.

Tried them last year. Every holiday I looked at was more expensive than advertised. Then finally got something except they book the flights and hotel separately so by the time he'd booked the flights the hotel we wanted was unavailable and the alternative was nearly three times the price so we had a hassle getting them to cancel the flights, I wouldn't recommend.

Used them to book a holiday. You never get the price stated they always use the excuse that the price shown is for promotion rooms and by the time you ring up they claim all the promotion rooms have gone. Think it's all a big lie and they just show those prices to get you to ring up personally. I still ended up booking one a find on there because it was still a decent price but just annoying that they mislead you with the prices

Original Poster

Just looking for a cheap[ deal. They seem to be the best price. But I was sceptical about them

they're alright, but magnum's always win imo

Never used them personally but have looked before and here was my take on them. I was looking somewhere "different" to go rather than our usual resort. Found a few places cheap but then went back to "lets try our usual to see the prices in comparison". Soon as we searched for it the first no word of a lie 3 pages of places coming up where not even in the resort but worded carefully to seem as though they where, also the places themselves (we been their that much we know most of the holidays/apartments etc) I wouldn't ask my dog to stay in them. This straight away put me off thinking about booking with them to somewhere we had never been before. I always am someone that checks reviews (takes half of them with a pinch of salt but anyhow!), checks google maps to where the place actually is etc etc but really not willing to do that for the zillion places it brought up when you know in the back of your mind from the other search it dangers that the site can hold.
At the time also noticed that a few holidays they where selling to a resort where cheaper than I could even book a flight for and at that time (I'm N.Ireland) only one operator flew for those dates so no way they could have been selling cheaper than the flight price, like others have said got the "it was a promo room" deal comment after ringing.

For your single supplement have you tried my tip from your last post of looking at hotels rather than apartments as most hotels cater better for the single traveler with single rooms and no supplements.

Sites I've booked from and my usual "foray" of places I haunt.
Alpharooms
Travelrepublic
Easyjet holidays
Jet2 Holidays

Hotel sites only if you don't mind booking separate yourself.
Expedia
Hotels4u.com (though I think this is now just Thomascook hotels - was always owned by them anyhow and they own hotels themselves which you don't normally find on other websites)
I have a few others but they depend on your destination i.e I have a Portugal one which is a local firm in Albufeira,Portugal just and you do need to use chrome translate or equivalent etc)
If you go down this route also don't forget to try the hotels own website and also ring them up quoting the website price and they normally do cheaper.
Hotel search engines/comparison site - in the background of things more or less two firms own the search logarithm used, Expedia and Priceline.com which account for around 80% of the market. Other firms are just using their logarithm. After that Kayak and Trivago are owned by the two companies and they merely search the companies within each of umbrella of firms all using that logarithm.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/2JY5kn3AuSa2aUe1I1pNN-J3WxZSEKSXr41Ym7SFFhBudrnQY6dQ4LHYeWFOojML6e-xKAvzJClKG4ReFe6BOS3mQugHtL72ofRWSdYoKS4snOmBDPvc67hxMS8egUDWiXp5AMQn2fXKsSD5uIE4T0J8zv9SFSLG60v_W5rrdvS8Lm2BpCVyaqs27NEXj5lrS6Gps5ppHEI-_ugVBq66Ffl4yqemLiBsXM4xghKCoQrgEo8_hxryW8_4FGG6w0gZ_fMw9eAuGfSTjxrBq7r4YPwFd0JgSevU6Q_8J9bF9Ssnywl9PalgkPKceKh4AsmV7xjVhGjQ4oKBTB5wQLufPEnrXdV8orck1XMuEP50tk3Ov61ioMcib3N2AxTpqRJBPD70fhLcuxx7qX483jj9-O4W2nX68cbzknjkiBoxDMMGa9OXMdZz2VvqsLBkGJz2tBPmlF_04E-Jo3_QNoJokcdDLg_5Xwkspie68q_wgWSs-LeHB-MocOOSF2qWIiEazZn_nRwFyf0lsUK7bhTLl3E7gZxpuYs9Fdva_427Sq4NbOEeFHQfJ2neVUHSbX-zlXvsIsJrWHV-RMY5-VqhmqglA78Sia0=w1188-h598-no

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 17th Aug 2016

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts

Never used them personally but have looked before and here was my take on … Never used them personally but have looked before and here was my take on them. I was looking somewhere "different" to go rather than our usual resort. Found a few places cheap but then went back to "lets try our usual to see the prices in comparison". Soon as we searched for it the first no word of a lie 3 pages of places coming up where not even in the resort but worded carefully to seem as though they where, also the places themselves (we been their that much we know most of the holidays/apartments etc) I wouldn't ask my dog to stay in them. This straight away put me off thinking about booking with them to somewhere we had never been before. I always am someone that checks reviews (takes half of them with a pinch of salt but anyhow!), checks google maps to where the place actually is etc etc but really not willing to do that for the zillion places it brought up when you know in the back of your mind from the other search it dangers that the site can hold. At the time also noticed that a few holidays they where selling to a resort where cheaper than I could even book a flight for and at that time (I'm N.Ireland) only one operator flew for those dates so no way they could have been selling cheaper than the flight price, like others have said got the "it was a promo room" deal comment after ringing. For your single supplement have you tried my tip from your last post of looking at hotels rather than apartments as most hotels cater better for the single traveler with single rooms and no supplements. Sites I've booked from and my usual "foray" of places I haunt. Alpharooms TravelrepublicEasyjet holidaysJet2 HolidaysHotel sites only if you don't mind booking separate yourself.ExpediaHotels4u.com (though I think this is now just Thomascook hotels - was always owned by them anyhow and they own hotels themselves which you don't normally find on other websites)I have a few others but they depend on your destination i.e I have a Portugal one which is a local firm in Albufeira,Portugal just and you do need to use chrome translate or equivalent etc)If you go down this route also don't forget to try the hotels own website and also ring them up quoting the website price and they normally do cheaper. Hotel search engines/comparison site - in the background of things more or less two firms own the search logarithm used, Expedia and Priceline.com which account for around 80% of the market. Other firms are just using their logarithm. After that Kayak and Trivago are owned by the two companies and they merely search the companies within each of umbrella of firms all using that logarithm.

Well thank you for taking the time to respond back to me. Basically I am just looking to get away cheap, to crete. As I be on my own, I am trying to avoid single supplement.
Your idea of getting a independent hotel, is something I have thought about in the past. But I have not acted it on it, at the right time. As you would need to book these components in the low season of January (or so I read). For you to get the best price. This would also include the flight as well.

Now if you look at the prices of flight currently, they are still very high as well. You would need to factor adding luggage to it.

Which will be £20 each way min.
Flight ( excluding luggage) = £100 (luggage £40?)(just check for two weeks leaving aug)
hotel = £326 for 2 weeks at alpharooms
transfers =£14
Total £440 +40 for luggage.

That doesn't seem cheaper to me that a last minute package deal.
Edited by: "leeparsons" 17th Aug 2016

leeparsons

Well thank you for taking the time to respond back to me. Basically I am … Well thank you for taking the time to respond back to me. Basically I am just looking to get away cheap, to crete. As I be on my own, I am trying to avoid single supplement. Your idea of getting a independent hotel, is something I have thought about in the past. But I have not acted it on it, at the right time. As you would need to book these components in the low season of January (or so I read). For you to get the best price. This would also include the flight as well.Now if you look at the prices of flight currently, they are still very high as well. You would need to factor adding luggage to it. Which will be £20 each way min. Flight ( excluding luggage) = £100 (luggage £40?)(just check for two weeks leaving aug)hotel = £326 for 2 weeks at alpharoomstransfers =£14Total £440 +40 for luggage.That doesn't seem cheaper to me that a last minute package deal.

£100 flight to crete in august is VERY cheap actually.

I'd be surprised if you got a holiday cheaper than £440 for 2 weeks to crete in August with single occupancy. The prices you see on ice lolly just wont exist when you call them,. Try it.

Original Poster

chocci

£100 flight to crete in august is VERY cheap actually.I'd be surprised if … £100 flight to crete in august is VERY cheap actually.I'd be surprised if you got a holiday cheaper than £440 for 2 weeks to crete in August with single occupancy. The prices you see on ice lolly just wont exist when you call them,. Try it.

I went last year for £240! On a package deal for 2 weeks

Edited by: "leeparsons" 17th Aug 2016

leeparsons

I went last year for £240! On a package deal for 2 weeks

a lot has changed since last year

so, just what have you found so far on a package deal at ice lolly etc?

Original Poster

chocci

a lot has changed since last yearso, just what have you found so far on a … a lot has changed since last yearso, just what have you found so far on a package deal at ice lolly etc?

Starting from £170 its saying. But I am looking at Gatwick as opposed to Birmingham. So that's £190
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any know of offers on London eye and Maddam Tussauds please11
    2. E-liquid44
    3. Acer RT280k Monitor refuses to sleep.56
    4. Just got Kodi now what?1126

See more discussions