Groups

I've received a quote for someone o do a one off garden maintence -£500. Do I need to check if she's insured? What else do I need to check?

Gardener insurance?

10 Comments

garden maintenance = not much detail (could be anything)

if she's fit enough

Usually you would check out work done elsewhere, just ask if you can see the last job they did

Original Poster

philphil61

garden maintenance = not much detail (could be anything)

Includes hedge trimming, pruning, remove hedge/shrubs, weeding, lawn mowing and edging for a garden length approximately 10m in rectangle size.

Original Poster

mosskeeto

Usually you would check out work done elsewhere, just ask if you can see … Usually you would check out work done elsewhere, just ask if you can see the last job they did

Thanks mosskeeto! I'm going to email her tomorrow and ask her to confirm her work plans and also provide me with two references.

Original Poster

sowotsdis

if she's fit enough

Guess I'll find out soon...

As long as you're not paying her upfront, what's the problem? oO

Personally would get a few quotes (maybe you did). Try asking on facebook (if you have it) & look on Check a trade website - checkatrade.com/

You should try to clarify how many hours or days work it should take.

Depending on your area, it should be sub £20/hour. So she needs to be working for 25 hours in your garden at the very least which is probably 3 full days. If the garden is really bad, I guess it could take three full days. Really depends on the state
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2854
      2. I want some backless loafers for men33
      3. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)510
      4. Xbox one region locked codes?22

See more discussions