Groups

Jack Monroe wins Twitter libel case against Katie Hopkins

Jack Monroe wins Twitter libel case against Katie Hopkins

theguardian.com/med…ins

Whats with all the scaremongering going on in recent years man?. :-(

Wikileaks claims MI5 and CIA developed spyware to turn televisions and smart phones into bugs
    hotukdeals.com/mis…822

Wikileaks claims MI5 and CIA developed spyware to turn televisions and smart phones into bugs

msn.com/en-…gs/

If it's not man killing his fellow man, then it's our machines killing us instead?.

What's going on people ...

81 Comments

I have no idea who Jack Monroe is and to be honest any mention of a Food (or any other type of) Blogger has the tendency to make me reach for the punch bag. However, I DO know a tiny little bit about who Katie Hopkins is. Admittedly it's from a great distance as I'd never like to give her kind of 'famous for being a famous idiot' type character any credence at all (for the same reason I don't have any Jedward posters on my bedroom wall).

Anyway, as KH is as close to a pointless **** (or whatever the female equivalent is) as most people will ever get I'm delighted that someone I don't know has got something over on someone else that I'd never want to know.

Banned

What has Jack Monroe & Katie Hopkins got to do with the CIA & MI5?

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

What has Jack Monroe & Katie Hopkins got to do with the CIA & MI5?

Everyone is undermining the other.

And not always for legitimate reasons, etc ...

Banned

amour3k

Everyone is undermining the other.And not always for legitimate reasons, … Everyone is undermining the other.And not always for legitimate reasons, etc ...

Katie Hopkins quite rightly got sued for implying another human being destroyed war memorials.

I take it you didnt read the story.

I think its funny that Hopkins could of paid £5k and apologise and her own arrogance has cost her in excess of £100,000, I would like to think it will keep her hateful mouth a little bit under control in future although its probably unlikely..

haritori

I think its funny that Hopkins could of paid £5k and apologise and her … I think its funny that Hopkins could of paid £5k and apologise and her own arrogance has cost her in excess of £100,000, I would like to think it will keep her hateful mouth a little bit under control in future although its probably unlikely..

Hopkins is probably being bankrolled by the Daily Fail who, I suspect, are quite happy for her to get the extra publicity this has generated for such a small outlay. It would have cost them a lot more to buy advertising time in the middle of the X-Factor and this story will probably reach the same sort of audience as watch that.

RonChew

Hopkins is probably being bankrolled by the Daily Fail who, I suspect, … Hopkins is probably being bankrolled by the Daily Fail who, I suspect, are quite happy for her to get the extra publicity this has generated for such a small outlay. It would have cost them a lot more to buy advertising time in the middle of the X-Factor and this story will probably reach the same sort of audience as watch that.

​probably being bankrolled...the sort of pointless assumption I'd expect

RonChew

Hopkins is probably being bankrolled by the Daily Fail who, I suspect, … Hopkins is probably being bankrolled by the Daily Fail who, I suspect, are quite happy for her to get the extra publicity this has generated for such a small outlay. It would have cost them a lot more to buy advertising time in the middle of the X-Factor and this story will probably reach the same sort of audience as watch that.

Well I suppose she coudl be, but I dont see any evidence of that, this is the kind of story I would've never noticed unless it was put under my nose, as it was in the OP.. but then again I am not an X-Factor viewer neither.

I am no fan of Jack Monroe either but I suspect she will use the money she was awarded to put towards a greater good.. so if its money out of hopkins or the DM's pockets at least its not funding either of the mentions agendas.

What amazes me is that KH actually gets paid enough in her 'job' to be able to afford the costs or - if the money is being paid by another - that anyone else thinks her worthy of that level of outlay. I'm sure we could all let our mouths run free on a range topics just to be deliberately controversial but i suspect most of us would rightly be embarrassed to call it a career. However, she's only paid because a lot of people buy the papers and give her encouragement by listening to her ranting, although not ALL of them are X Factor and Ant n Dec devotees.

She speaks a lot of sense on her lbc radio slot shuts a lot of the leftie callers right up.
    Edited by: "waterloo" 10th Mar

Good.

And why do you keep advertising your other threads no one cares.

Banned

davewave

No doubt bankrolled & probably cost zero in solicitor/barrister fees as they have them all on salary.

Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 10th Mar

ims2912

I have no idea who Jack Monroe is and to be honest any mention of a Food … I have no idea who Jack Monroe is and to be honest any mention of a Food (or any other type of) Blogger has the tendency to make me reach for the punch bag. However, I DO know a tiny little bit about who Katie Hopkins is. Admittedly it's from a great distance as I'd never like to give her kind of 'famous for being a famous idiot' type character any credence at all (for the same reason I don't have any Jedward posters on my bedroom wall).Anyway, as KH is as close to a pointless **** (or whatever the female equivalent is) as most people will ever get I'm delighted that someone I don't know has got something over on someone else that I'd never want to know.

She did a blog called a girl called jack when she was on the dole about making recipes as cheep as possible to feed a family. I've never read it myself but it was very popular a few years ago on netmums and probably mumsnet aswell

Error440

She did a blog called a girl called jack when she was on the dole about … She did a blog called a girl called jack when she was on the dole about making recipes as cheep as possible to feed a family. I've never read it myself but it was very popular a few years ago on netmums and probably mumsnet aswell

"they" not "she"

stuarthanley

"they" not "she"

It would have been she as she is a single mum and kids haven't been expected to find employment since the days of oliver twist.

Error440

It would have been she as she is a single mum and kids haven't been … It would have been she as she is a single mum and kids haven't been expected to find employment since the days of oliver twist.

It doesn't like to be called she. It wants to be controversial by not associating with any gender and it wants to be called "they"

You can't make it up, can you.

davewave

It's your money the Fail are using, or are you too mean to actually but a copy? I wouldn't use that paper to wipe my...

stuarthanley

It doesn't like to be called she. It wants to be controversial by not … It doesn't like to be called she. It wants to be controversial by not associating with any gender and it wants to be called "they" You can't make it up, can you.

​clearly they can.

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

Katie Hopkins quite rightly got sued for implying another human being … Katie Hopkins quite rightly got sued for implying another human being destroyed war memorials.I take it you didnt read the story.

I did, I meant it in that of Hopkin's case, undermining peeps of otherwise legitimate causes, for otherwise mis-appropriated undisclosed hidden agenda's, etc?.

Which parallel's on-par with your original comment to me ... :-)

stuarthanley

It doesn't like to be called she. It wants to be controversial by not … It doesn't like to be called she. It wants to be controversial by not associating with any gender and it wants to be called "they" You can't make it up, can you.

Why do you have a problem with that? Surely anyone can identify with whatever gender they want - it's still a free country.

Banned

amour3k

Which parallel's on-par with your original comment to me ... :-)

Welcome back.

RonChew

Why do you have a problem with that? Surely anyone can identify with … Why do you have a problem with that? Surely anyone can identify with whatever gender they want - it's still a free country.

That's correct. And there are 2 genders.

Banned

stuarthanley

Apparently not.

These days there are about 37 if I recall

stuarthanley

So how do you classify a hermaphrodite?

Anyway, it may well not be a gender thing, just the way Jack Monroe likes to be addressed. I'm sure you have your own preferred way of being addressed, or do you not care what anyone calls you?

RonChew

So how do you classify a hermaphrodite?Anyway, it may well not be a … So how do you classify a hermaphrodite?Anyway, it may well not be a gender thing, just the way Jack Monroe likes to be addressed. I'm sure you have your own preferred way of being addressed, or do you not care what anyone calls you?

It is a gender thing. Do your research on her. (sorry "they")
    Edited by: "SJHan" 10th Mar

She speaks her mind, not enough of that nowadays. Whatever you say will upset some clown in the world

RonChew

It's your money the Fail are using, or are you too mean to actually but a … It's your money the Fail are using, or are you too mean to actually but a copy? I wouldn't use that paper to wipe my...

Yet you watch the X-Factor.
    Edited by: "Fred.Smith" 10th Mar

YouDontWantToKnow

Apparently not. These days there are about 37 if I recall

Apparently Facebook recognises 71.

Banned

benjammin316

She speaks her mind, not enough of that nowadays. Whatever you say will … She speaks her mind, not enough of that nowadays. Whatever you say will upset some clown in the world

Oh right

So if she accused you of being a kiddie fiddler & it got in your local press then that is all acceptable to you?

Yes if it true you can say it but come on..
    Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 10th Mar

YouDontWantToKnow

Oh right So if she accused you of being a kiddie fiddler & it got in your … Oh right So if she accused you of being a kiddie fiddler & it got in your local press then that is all acceptable to you?

I could do with some money so I hope she does just that

Fred.Smith

Yet you watch the X-Factor.

How did you work that one out? I do worry about your ability to understand the written word sometimes.

RonChew

How did you work that one out? I do worry about your ability to … How did you work that one out? I do worry about your ability to understand the written word sometimes.

This story reached you, the people who in your experience watch the X-Factor - QED.

Fred.Smith

This story reached you, the people who in your experience watch the … This story reached you, the people who in your experience watch the X-Factor - QED.

https://i.imgflip.com/o3c2s.jpg

RonChew

It's your money the Fail are using, or are you too mean to actually but a … It's your money the Fail are using, or are you too mean to actually but a copy? I wouldn't use that paper to wipe my...

You'd need a broadsheet for your backside Ronnie!

airfix

It's nice to see some intellectual contribution from a white van man.

Banned

airfix

How is Ron going to talk?

RonChew

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn112/Lazerblade22/aw94iv.gif

benjammin316

Have I touched a raw nerve there?

RonChew

Who I'm sure you can overtake in your imaginary super car

Original Poster

benjammin316

I could do with some money so I hope she does just that

Better you than me thanx ...

Tooooooo much 'alternative' fallout backlash to be more likely had off the back-end of otherwise 'questionable truths' like?, hmmmmmmmmm.

Case in point could be that of some of the below:

Anti-crime phone app 'Vigilante,' with real-time alerts, relaunches as 'Citizen'
    a.msn.com/r/2…-GB

You could inevitably end up in the drink! (as the Assies would say), BEFORE any then notable payout befall's you?, so .....

Be very CAREFUL!, when begging forth certain 'unwelcomed gifts' like?. :-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927344
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      4. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917

See more discussions