Jacket for Winter

Posted 24th Sep
need a coat for a teenager that's suitable for winter but also a reputable brand. my budget is around £150 but would prefer if it was under £100. I can get student discounts of that helps.

thanks very much for everyone who helps!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Gap down ones are really good, warm and light.

Fatface is too.

depends how brand conscience teenager is tbh.
Take your teenager to TK Maxx, have a look around and try some jackets on. Also if you have an outlet village near your have a look at the Adidas and Nike outlet stores, as well as Go Outdoors.
Footasylum current have a sale on Jackets & Coats various brands

hotukdeals.com/dea…952

The code PAYDAY gives you free next day delivery.
Your get a good quality jacket at Decathlon for £100
Good luck on finding a decent jacket for £100, all the ones I've seen are really thin and not that warm.

I've got a 900gm down jacket that is the chunkiest you can get and even that isn't always the warmest when it's really cold.
Down doesn't tend to be waterproof & its a mare to dry (I often wear one on the mountains & when its wet it gets heavy & sodden, taking ages to dry).

What are the needs of the wearer, environmentally & the build of the wearer?
Mr_Gus26/09/2019 17:29

Down doesn't tend to be waterproof & its a mare to dry (I often wear one …Down doesn't tend to be waterproof & its a mare to dry (I often wear one on the mountains & when its wet it gets heavy & sodden, taking ages to dry).What are the needs of the wearer, environmentally & the build of the wearer?

Just everyday jacket for walking and looking fly
With an answer like that I'm not going to bother trying.
Mr_Gus26/09/2019 20:11

With an answer like that I'm not going to bother trying.

Ok thanks anyway
Bigfootpete25/09/2019 07:21

Good luck on finding a decent jacket for £100, all the ones I've seen are …Good luck on finding a decent jacket for £100, all the ones I've seen are really thin and not that warm.I've got a 900gm down jacket that is the chunkiest you can get and even that isn't always the warmest when it's really cold.

A 900gm down jacket is a meaningless stat. It's the fill power/fill weight combo of the down that will determine how warm the jacket is.

How to choose a down jacket - Down fill power
Edited by: "OllieSt" 26th Sep
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants