Jaffa quake as McVitie's cuts pack sizes - BBC News

Found 26th Sep 2017
Jaffa quake as McVitie's cuts pack sizes - BBC News

Quote:
"The number of Jaffa Cakes has been cut from 12 to 10 in the latest example of packaged food "shrinkflation".

The boxes now weigh 4.3oz rather than 5.2oz, but McVitie's has reduced the recommended price from £1.15 to 99p.

Twin packs, which now have 20 cakes rather than 24, are now £1.89 rather than £2.19.

"These changes represent the same price per cake, however, pricing ultimately remains at the sole discretion of retailers," the firm said.

A McVitie's spokesman added: "There is no change in the size, shape or weight of individual cakes in the McVitie's Jaffa Cake range."
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I take back everything I said, let's stay in the EU.
15 Comments
£2.19 divided by 24 cakes = 9.13pence each x 20 cakes = £1.83
not £1.89.
why can't they just leave things alone!
Doesn't matter, Lidl's Jaffa cakes taste better anyway.
Jaffa cakes remind me of a ginger Jehovah witness I went out with at primary school. She stunk and tasted funny too!
Graham19799 m ago

Jaffa cakes remind me of a ginger Jehovah witness I went out with at …Jaffa cakes remind me of a ginger Jehovah witness I went out with at primary school. She stunk and tasted funny too!

32099027-ezvq0.jpg
shadey121 h, 49 m ago

Tusk is wittering on about cakes today, he must have been referring about this jaffa cakes scandal.
SUMMONER33 m ago

Doesn't matter, Lidl's Jaffa cakes taste better anyway.

I shall have to try them, the fake kitkats are not that great but kitkats gone down hill so they now taste the same but cheaper
SUMMONER13 m ago

They have a thin layer of sweet/orangy jelly in between the sponge and the …They have a thin layer of sweet/orangy jelly in between the sponge and the dark chocolate coating, which makes them absolutely scrumptious. Nom non nom!

These are better then jaffa cakes way better

bahlsen.co.uk/our…no/
Segata-Sanshiro9 m ago

These are better then jaffa cakes way …These are better then jaffa cakes way betterhttp://bahlsen.co.uk/our-biscuits/classic/messino/

Unsurprising, Bahlsen are the masters of biscuit (cake?) making. I will give them a try next time I pass by Waitrose, thanks!
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 26th Sep 2017
Well it's not often i buy from Lidl but when i was passing last week i picked their jaffas for the wiffy and she they where by far better than Mcvities .just saying
Corbyn will rescue this sorry situation by nationalising the factory & giving away free Jaffa Cakes to the poor by extensively taxing the rich... what a hero
Brexit
Dark.Energy10 h, 25 m ago

Corbyn will rescue this sorry situation by nationalising the factory & …Corbyn will rescue this sorry situation by nationalising the factory & giving away free Jaffa Cakes to the poor by extensively taxing the rich... what a hero

I go past the mcvitties factory on the bus sometimes 224 I think it is, goes to ikea Wembley, I shall shake my fist at them in passing next time, that'll learn em.
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 27th Sep 2017
kracker6919 h, 49 m ago

Well it's not often i buy from Lidl but when i was passing last week i …Well it's not often i buy from Lidl but when i was passing last week i picked their jaffas for the wiffy and she they where by far better than Mcvities .just saying

*wifey please
not wiffy which comes across as smelly and I'm sure your wifey isn't wiffy!
Segata-Sanshiro26th Sep

These are better then jaffa cakes way …These are better then jaffa cakes way betterhttp://bahlsen.co.uk/our-biscuits/classic/messino/

Lidl's are more like those than they are like McVities. But cheaper than either.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants