Jaguar xe used car price

Posted 24th Jul
Is there a reason used ones for about the same price as a good focus ?

Seen one today and a few actually and for the money seems good . £9k 65 plate r sport with 80k .
What am I missing why are they so cheap after 5 years ? I’m sure they have got to be £30k + new
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Just Googling jag xe problems/faults may give you an idea why they are comparatively cheap to buy.
Blueskinnedbeast25/07/2020 00:11

Just Googling jag xe problems/faults may give you an idea why they are …Just Googling jag xe problems/faults may give you an idea why they are comparatively cheap to buy.

I’ve read good reviews from online car reviews but they seem to break a lot
ashmac25/07/2020 00:20

I’ve read good reviews from online car reviews but they seem to break a lot

New car reviews are okay when the car is factory fresh but a few years down the line they don't count for much.
Honestjohn site gives older reviews I think,also some of the car Magazines do long term reviews on staff cars,but it's pot luck as to which cars they have on loan long term.
I have a XF 2014 plate love it!
Insurance more, servicing more, tax more (probably), fill ups more and more frequent.

Might be a good company car but for the average private motorist a Jag isn't really a good choice.
Repair bills! Once the warranty is gone they get very expensive.
Edited by: "Wadda" 25th Jul
If you're talking about diesels and by any chance looking around London then most likely it's caused by expansion of Ultra Low Emission Zone in 2021 when all non exempt cars (most of diesels produced before 2016) will be charged £12.50 daily if you get into ULEZ zone.
Edited by: "M015T" 25th Jul
Modern diesel versions have changed the " gas guzzling" reputation of the old petrol engined Jags.
Offset by current diesel feelings.
They aren't terribly reliable and are ££££ to fix. I'm told the early ones are better built but still not great while the newer ones are terrible.
Some people sell CAT , so double check
Post a comment
@
    Text