Groups

Jailbreak iphone 3g running 2.2.1?

Can this be done and if so could someone point me in the right direction of a good reliable guide.

I've had a quick google but i'm not finding one that does this firmware, so i'm not sure if it can be jailbriken yet.

13 Comments

not yet

turbo sim only for this at present

Can someone confirm that a 1st gen iphone CAN be unlocked with the pwn thingy even if it does upgrade to 2.2.1 on itunes??? I understand it can??

Chiptivo;5167919

Can someone confirm that a 1st gen iphone CAN be unlocked with the pwn … Can someone confirm that a 1st gen iphone CAN be unlocked with the pwn thingy even if it does upgrade to 2.2.1 on itunes??? I understand it can??

yes it can

Original Poster

boothy;5167885

turbo sim only for this at present

i don't want to unlock it, just jailbreak it, is this guide incorrect then or is it on a different firmware?

iclarified.com/ent…881

Original Poster

the porter;5168013

Course y can jaelbrake it I think folk are getting unlocking and … Course y can jaelbrake it I think folk are getting unlocking and jailbraking mixed up

cheers, is that guide i linked to the one to use?

Original Poster

the porter;5168075

Yep the iclarified 1 is the iPhone bible

cheers, one last question, is it easy to add apps once it's jailbroken?

Original Poster

the porter;5168121

Yep it's a doddle

could you point me in the right direction :thumbsup:

edit: managed to get cydia and installer on my phone, now what are the best apps for it?

did mine last night also - get mms and mxtube - both are excellent and Cycorder which is a free video camera

Original Poster

Jez15;5170265

did mine last night also - get mms and mxtube - both are excellent and … did mine last night also - get mms and mxtube - both are excellent and Cycorder which is a free video camera

yeah i got them last night along with mysms :thumbsup:

blimey - my battery has run out in half a day since putting some of these apps on

Original Poster

the porter;5174095

xgps if u want a sat nav ebaysms toolsay who liteifootyfstreamrun king … xgps if u want a sat nav ebaysms toolsay who liteifootyfstreamrun king freedtunes

cheers, i'll have a look at them:thumbsup:

Jez15;5180845

blimey - my battery has run out in half a day since putting some of these … blimey - my battery has run out in half a day since putting some of these apps on

really? haven't noticed any difference on mine

Original Poster

couldn't find any of them you listed porter, what source are they from?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …154370
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2734
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1218
      4. Any PS4 News Here29213641

See more discussions