Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G on iOS 4 / 4.0.1 and iPad on iOS 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe 2.0

Found 1st Aug 2010
Just a quick heads up guys, a jailbreak has been released for the new iphone 4!!! It looks like it can jailbreak all devices on any fw. Its a browser based jailbreak, you just need to go on to jailbreakme.com/ on your iphone broswer and just slide to jailbreak lol
redmondpie.com/jai…me/

128 Comments

Does it keep all apps/data?

awesome news!!

Lost Symphonies

Does it keep all apps/data?

Just sync and then go to the jailbreakme.com and it will JB

You might have to try a few times as the server is very busy at the minute !!

All mine have been done and working like a charm

is cydia working???

Anyone else done this yet?/?

Yes to Cydia and yes to trying it !!

Works a treat prolly the easiest JB i've ever done

Jailbreak for 4.0 and 4.0.1has been out for weeks using redsnow

Old news

Original Poster

RiPPeR

Yes to Cydia and yes to trying it !! Works a treat prolly the easiest JB … Yes to Cydia and yes to trying it !! Works a treat prolly the easiest JB i've ever done

got to agree with that even easier than spirit lol, heres a pic of cydia showing it working
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/3147/d889c0e6.th.jpg
Edited by: "robc11" 1st Aug 2010

getting errors in cydia wrong langauge code en_gb when refreshing data
Edited by: "harmzz" 1st Aug 2010

Original Poster

souljacker

Jailbreak for 4.0 and 4.0.1has been out for weeks using redsnowOld news

Not for iphone 4 this is the first jailbreak available for it

souljacker

Not for iphone 4 it hasn't

harmzz

getting errors in cydia wrong langauge code en_gb when refreshing data

Restart your phone mate

souljacker

Only for old bootroms not for 3GS/4 new bootroms

RiPPeR

Restart your phone mate

did that only few random ones when refreshing data big boss repo..

Also when restarting your iphone do with apple logo is your screen a bit wierd at the top ?? slighty

Original Poster

harmzz

did that only few random ones when refreshing data big boss repo..Also … did that only few random ones when refreshing data big boss repo..Also when restarting your iphone do with apple logo is your screen a bit wierd at the top ?? slighty

Phew thought that was just mine lol as it crashed when jailbreaking first time lol, is it a few greenish pixels you see?

robc11, Yes few greenish pixels just at the top I thought my eyes were playing up for a second..

yeah there is a slight pixel issue when starting up but its only while on the bootscreen, once its started its gone

Original Poster

it will probably get sorted with a new update soonish, like the photo deleting issue with the first release of spirit

good good good... now to go app hunting

If you restart your phone, MMS and FacTime no longer works...

THIS HAS WIPED OUT MY IPHONE 4!!!
I turned it off and then when ive tried turning it bk on its stuck on the apple logo screeeeen!!!

Any advice?

ITUNES ISNT EVEN FINDING IT NOW TO RESTORE IT!!
Edited by: "Pitbikeboy" 2nd Aug 2010

ScarboroughKID

If you restart your phone, MMS and FacTime no longer works...

Right click on your iphone in itunes then click restore, FT and MMS will be working

Pitbikeboy

THIS HAS WIPED OUT MY IPHONE 4!!!I turned it off and then when ive tried … THIS HAS WIPED OUT MY IPHONE 4!!!I turned it off and then when ive tried turning it bk on its stuck on the apple logo screeeeen!!!Any advice?ITUNES ISNT EVEN FINDING IT NOW TO RESTORE IT!!

Put the phone in recovery mode

1) Power off the iPhone by depressing both the sleep/wake button on the top of the iPhone and the home button. Wait for the iPhone screen to turn black aka screen-off.

2) Depress the home button and connect the iPhone/iPod sync cable into the docking port on the bottom of the iPhone at the sametime without removing pressure on the home button.

3) You should be able to see the Apple logo coming up on the iPhone and then the recovery screen with be shown after the Apple logo:

4) iTunes will start and inform you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode and you should restore your iPhone to start using it.

5) Perform your firmware restore.

6) Exit iTunes and Re-jailbreak. I highly recommend using Spirit jailbreak but you can use, Pwnage Tool or BlackRa1n (or whatever jailbreak tool that will work on your model iPhone). Run the jailbreak app again and everything should go fine. Spirit takes about 3 minutes to jailbreak a 3GS and about 5 minutes to complete an older model.

7) Don’t restore from a backup, just set up your phone as a new phone, then re-sync to add back all your data and apps.

Done the above and restoring it now.. Let you know how it goes....

Do you think i should try the Jailbreak again lmfao. Iphone4 btw

RiPPeR

Right click on your iphone in itunes then click restore, FT and MMS will … Right click on your iphone in itunes then click restore, FT and MMS will be working

Yeah, I've had to do that

Pitbikeboy

1) Power off the iPhone by depressing both the sleep/wake button on the … 1) Power off the iPhone by depressing both the sleep/wake button on the top of the iPhone and the home button. Wait for the iPhone screen to turn black aka screen-off.2) Depress the home button and connect the iPhone/iPod sync cable into the docking port on the bottom of the iPhone at the sametime without removing pressure on the home button.3) You should be able to see the Apple logo coming up on the iPhone and then the recovery screen with be shown after the Apple logo:4) iTunes will start and inform you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode and you should restore your iPhone to start using it.5) Perform your firmware restore.6) Exit iTunes and Re-jailbreak. I highly recommend using Spirit jailbreak but you can use, Pwnage Tool or BlackRa1n (or whatever jailbreak tool that will work on your model iPhone). Run the jailbreak app again and everything should go fine. Spirit takes about 3 minutes to jailbreak a 3GS and about 5 minutes to complete an older model.7) Don’t restore from a backup, just set up your phone as a new phone, then re-sync to add back all your data and apps.Done the above and restoring it now.. Let you know how it goes....Do you think i should try the Jailbreak again lmfao. Iphone4 btw

Yeah coz it is working might have just been a bad install

update carrier settings each time you go to itunes ?

Done. Now someone tell me what apps i should be getting as ive never had a jailbroken iphone before.

chris_avfc

does it work for 4.0.1?

Sure does.

Cant get past the purple screeh on mine. Any ideas?

This has now had an update, and if you do it now MMS and Facetime are working.. =0)

MANJ_007

Cant get past the purple screeh on mine. Any ideas?

Same here, have rebooted phone but still doesnt work. 3GS with new bootrom

Babbabooey

Same here, have rebooted phone but still doesnt work. 3GS with new … Same here, have rebooted phone but still doesnt work. 3GS with new bootrom

Works fine on my 3GS with the new bootrom.

does it wipe everything when you jailbreak on the 3gs?

localboy

http://www.amitbhawani.com/blog/fix-purple-screen-jailbreak-iphone-3g-3gs-4/

Nice one, that's done the trick!
Cheers.

taken from amitbhawani.com/blo…-4/ as mentioned above by localboy

1) Go to the Settings and Put your iphone to Airplane mode.
2) Go to -> Setting -> safari -> Cookies -> Accept.
3) Double tap home button.
4) Press and hold to Quit safari (in multitask mode)
5) Clear all Cache and cookies from Settings > Safari.
6) Open safari and go to jailbreakme.modmyi.com
7) If cannot, Repeat!

can you get current apps for free by jailbreaking or is it just for apps not in itunes

ivegotalobon

can you get current apps for free by jailbreaking or is it just for apps … can you get current apps for free by jailbreaking or is it just for apps not in itunes

its all apps free....

lastlaststar

its all apps free....

so an app for say £3.50 on itunes is free once jailbroken?
do you still get them through itunes, or do you have to go to another site?
Post a comment
@
    Text