Groups

Jailbreaking an iPod touch 3g,can it be done?

As above,am looking to jailbreak my iPod touch 3g but have no idea how to do it or whether it can in fact be done?

9 Comments

yeah, use blackrain, follow instructions from iclarified - i'll be back with a link

here we go

iclarified.com/ent…527

I just did mine, was pretty nervous about so**ing it up but no probs, used this link, hope that helps:thumbsup:
    iclarified.com/ent…886
    Sorry thats the link for the iphone, check the above post for the touch.

Original Poster

MANJ_007;7370414

yeah, use blackrain, follow instructions from iclarified - i'll be back … yeah, use blackrain, follow instructions from iclarified - i'll be back with a linkhere we gohttp://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5527

cycleman;7370452

I just did mine, was pretty nervous about so**ing it up but no probs, … I just did mine, was pretty nervous about so**ing it up but no probs, used this link, hope that helps:thumbsup:http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5886Sorry thats the link for the iphone, check the above post for the touch.

Excellent, thanks and repped

I just bought an iPod Touch, would that be 3G, and does jailbreaking allow free apps/games?

bare in mind that the 3rd Gen jailbreak is a teethered one. This means if the device ever loses power or is reset you will need to jailbreak it again

What does 'tethered jailbreak' mean?Tethered means that the jailbreak … What does 'tethered jailbreak' mean?Tethered means that the jailbreak needs to be reapplied every time you power down your iPod touch 3G. If you let the battery run to zero or restart your iPod touch then you will need to reapply the jailbreak by connecting to your computer (tethering) and running blackra1n again.

Original Poster

mcloum;7370742

bare in mind that the 3rd Gen jailbreak is a teethered one. This means if … bare in mind that the 3rd Gen jailbreak is a teethered one. This means if the device ever loses power or is reset you will need to jailbreak it again

if you do lose power, it says you need to reconnect it to a pc. Will it not just revert back to old Apple OS? And will all the data be lost including apps and music?

That's why I haven't done it, its not worth the hassle even though I've owned it for like 3 months and never ran out of battery on me lool

to break my iphone i simply went to my garage , found a medium sized ball paned hammer and proceded to smash the living daylights out of my iphone , i can honestly say mine was easier to break than i first envisaged , whether the term JAIL BREAK has the same effects i cant comment but i will say my way not only works but is completely free , RESULT

Isnt it only tethered with the 3.1.2 and if the ipoid/iphone was made in a certain week number?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020
      2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1534
      3. word association Game72944192
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …277963

See more discussions