Groups

Jailbreaking and Unlocking 3Gs iOS4

Hey guys,

Sorry about all the iPhone threads, this one is just to ask if anyone has managed to jailbreak and unlocked their iPhone 3Gs iOS4 yet ?

I really need mine unlocking and I will even pay for a guide fi you can provide me with one

Thanks
    James

67 Comments

Check out the dev blog.

you can't jailbreak the 3GS yet

Original Poster

Where is this Dev blog please, I dont understand much about these iPhones since I have just got it

Original Poster

Also JayBird you say it cant be jailbroken yet, but can it be unlocked as I am sick of using an o2 sim that has no free internet on it ?

james_lfc;8892922

Where is this Dev blog please, I dont understand much about these iPhones … Where is this Dev blog please, I dont understand much about these iPhones since I have just got it

tinyurl.com/23x…4pz

JayBird;8892908

why not?

james_lfc;8892928

Also JayBird you say it cant be jailbroken yet, but can it be unlocked as … Also JayBird you say it cant be jailbroken yet, but can it be unlocked as I am sick of using an o2 sim that has no free internet on it ?

It can be unlocked, but not yet.

You need to jailbreak it to install the unlock, but you cant jailbreak it yet. That should change in the next week or so i reckon

djdelmar;8892960

why not?

Cos the tools to do so haven't been released

Banned

JayBird;8892908

Wrong.

I've just done it. I have a 16gb running ios4 jailbroken

Ignore jaybird, he clearly typing without bothering to check if hes talking absolute rubbish

Banned

Link:

redmondpie.com/jai…70/

Mac required (unless enough people beg me for my custom firmware \o/ )

Original Poster

JayBird;8892967

It can be unlocked, but not yet.You need to jailbreak it to install the … It can be unlocked, but not yet.You need to jailbreak it to install the unlock, but you cant jailbreak it yet. That should change in the next week or so i reckon

So the 3G is jailbreakable and unlockable but the 3Gs isn't it ? is that right ?

Thanks

Banned

james_lfc;8892988

So the 3G is jailbreakable and unlockable but the 3Gs isn't it ? is that … So the 3G is jailbreakable and unlockable but the 3Gs isn't it ? is that right ? Thanks

Again - Jaybird is talking Nonse-Sense.

3GS is jailbreakable with modified pwnagetool. I will post a firmware in a bit

vibeone;8893011

Again - Jaybird is talking Nonse-Sense.3GS is jailbreakable with modified … Again - Jaybird is talking Nonse-Sense.3GS is jailbreakable with modified pwnagetool. I will post a firmware in a bit

Yes, but that method comes with its own caveats

I'd wait for the official 3GS jailbreak tools

Banned

JayBird;8893027

Yes, but that method comes with its own caveatsI'd wait for the official … Yes, but that method comes with its own caveatsI'd wait for the official 3GS jailbreak tools

Don't backtrack, have some self-respect and accept you were talking absolute rubbish.

what if I don't have a mac? and is there any risks to jailbreaking or does everything work fine, calls, texts internet etc is untouched just you get homebrew and stuff?

Original Poster

whats the risk involved with jailbreaking ? if something goes wrong can I easily restore ?

Also I appreciate both your help, so I will rep you both now

Banned

Theres not normally much risk at all, but this is a modified leaked version of the tool, so maybe a first timer should think carefully.

Also, and I'm gonna type this in big letters in case people get confused with the arguement above:

[SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"]THERE IS NO UNLOCK FOR iOS 4 on 3GS yet.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Although you can jailbreak, if you need an unlock you must not do this until the lock is updated!

its always been jailbreakable, just no tools to do it (officially)

Also, the method described wont allow you to unlock with ultrasn0w

There is an updated method that you can use to jailbreak AND unlock (descibed on that page), but only if you meet certain requirements

vibeone;8893053

Also, and I'm gonna type this in big letters in case people get confused … Also, and I'm gonna type this in big letters in case people get confused with the arguement above:[SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"]THERE IS NO UNLOCK FOR iOS 4 on 3GS yet.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Wrong

Read the article in the link you posted :thumbsup:

I have bought an iphone 3gs, should I tell the seller NOT to upgrade it to iOS4?

Banned

JayBird;8893054

its always been jailbreakable, just no tools to do it (officially)Also, … its always been jailbreakable, just no tools to do it (officially)Also, the method described wont allow you to unlock with ultrasn0wThere is an updated method that you can use to jailbreak AND unlock (descibed on that page), but only if you meet certain requirements

Jaybird what are you on?

Theres no "official" or "unofficial". It's all cloak and dagger stuff with jailbreaking. It's a hacked/updated version of existing software. Big deal. 3GS is now jailbrreakable. Simples.

Banned

djdelmar;8893086

I have bought an iphone 3gs, should I tell the seller NOT to upgrade it … I have bought an iphone 3gs, should I tell the seller NOT to upgrade it to iOS4?

depends if its unlocked officially etc.

vibeone;8893089

depends if its unlocked officially etc.

It's unlocked officially but I want to have free stuff ;-)

vibeone;8893087

Theres no "official" or "unofficial". It's all cloak and dagger stuff … Theres no "official" or "unofficial". It's all cloak and dagger stuff with jailbreaking. It's a hacked/updated version of existing software. Big deal. 3GS is now jailbrreakable. Simples.

"PwnageTool has confirmed that this version has been modified and redistributed without their permission"

Sounds unofficial to me

Banned

djdelmar;8893099

It's unlocked officially but I want to have free stuff ;-)

Well I've just gone from official unlocked 3GS (jb'd with snowbreeze I think) 3.1.3 to 4.0 jb'd with leaked pwnagetool with no problems.

Not sure if official 4.0 to jb 4.0 is possible, so if you want to follow in my footsteps, perhaps leave it at 3.1.3 for now, jb that, then upgrade to jb 4.0

thats confusing, hope you understood!

Banned

JayBird;8893110

"PwnageTool has confirmed that this version has been modified and … "PwnageTool has confirmed that this version has been modified and redistributed without their permission"Sounds unofficial to me

LOL you are getting so desperate its comedy.

I refer you to your original post in this thread..

"3gs cannot be jailbroken"

ROFLCOPTOR.

vibeone;8893124

LOL you are getting so desperate its comedy.I refer you to your original … LOL you are getting so desperate its comedy.I refer you to your original post in this thread.."3gs cannot be jailbroken"ROFLCOPTOR.

I refer to your post "THERE IS NO UNLOCK FOR iOS 4 on 3GS yet."

Which is wrong also

wow calm down you two

Banned

http://i39.tinypic.com/23m7tjd.jpg

so vibeone is the jailbreak you did exactly the same as any other jailbreak? or is it like a DIY one that's not as good?

Original Poster

guv;8893178

hahaha, excellent - repped

Original Poster

I would just like peoples opinions on when the it will be OFFICIALLY unlockable and jailbreakable please

what timescale do you estimate? , because i really don't have a clue

Cheers and both repped

james_lfc;8893247

I would just like peoples opinions on when the it will be OFFICIALLY … I would just like peoples opinions on when the it will be OFFICIALLY unlockable and jailbreakable please what timescale do you estimate? , because i really don't have a clue Cheers and both repped

I think we will see a bit of movement with new jailbreaking apps once the new iPhone is released on Thursday

Banned

JayBird;8893133

I refer to your post "THERE IS NO UNLOCK FOR iOS 4 on 3GS yet."Which is … I refer to your post "THERE IS NO UNLOCK FOR iOS 4 on 3GS yet."Which is wrong also

Read the link - not in my case there isn't (thou as stated, I don't need it anyway)

Next thing you'd like to be wrong about?

Back to your first point "there is no jailbreak for 3gs" haha.

JayBird;8892908

Incorrect

I have just done mine

Banned

djdelmar;8893191

so vibeone is the jailbreak you did exactly the same as any other … so vibeone is the jailbreak you did exactly the same as any other jailbreak? or is it like a DIY one that's not as good?

james_lfc;8893247

I would just like peoples opinions on when the it will be OFFICIALLY … I would just like peoples opinions on when the it will be OFFICIALLY unlockable and jailbreakable please what timescale do you estimate? , because i really don't have a clue Cheers and both repped

It's a beta-jailbreak if you like - seems to work ok though.

james: there is no "official" - its just a bunch of bad guys annoying apple. But, I know what you mean, and the fact there is dodgy versions out already, suggests it wont be long!

Banned

boothy;8893285

IncorrectI have just done mine

I LOL'd. :P

He will attempt to backtrack and argue a completely different point in a few mins :P

I'm not gonna comment on whats been said, as i've not a clue.

But...

vibeone: why the hell do you bold your text, i don't get it.. Plus why do you start threads with "VB1:" at the front of it

What is odd, is those actions make you look like an attention seeking / weird little man / moron - take your pick...

However... regardless of our arguments on occasion.. You don't come across stupid, can be quite reasonable at times..

I just don't understand how at one minute you are bg1 / TheJFK esque and a total twerp, getting upto the sorta stupid antics a 9 year old would. Then also be level headed, carrying a conservation..

What i'm saying is..

[SIZE="7"]YOU CONFUSE ME[/SIZE]

vibeone;8893275

Read the link - not in my case there isn't (thou as stated, I don't need … Read the link - not in my case there isn't (thou as stated, I don't need it anyway)

So, you were wrong, as much as i was wrong

vibeone;8893032

..have some self-respect and accept you were talking absolute rubbish.

:thumbsup::-D:whistling:

Anyway, either way, id wait for official word from dev team or geohot etc before doing anything

Musclenerd from dev team has already said to stay away from updating to iOS4 just to be safe.

Probably be all clearer in next few days

Banned

JayBird;8893372

So, you were wrong, as much as i was wrong … So, you were wrong, as much as i was wrong :thumbsup::-D:whistling:Anyway, either way, id wait for official word from dev team or geohot etc before doing anythingMusclenerd from dev team has already said to stay away from updating to iOS4 just to be safe.Probably be all clearer in next few days

You seem to have misunderstood - you were wrong. I wasn't. Clearly you have no self respect though.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions