Found 16th Aug 2009
Hi guys took out a 24 month contract last week with o2 for the 3gs and im interested in jailbreaking it, i read up abit on it but was just wondering if anyone could tell me wether doing this will affect my contract in anyway with o2. and also whats the best available way to jailbreak my phone?

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
20 Comments

blog.iphone-dev.org/

And no it wont effect your contract with o2, just restore it if you get any problems and have to take the phone back

Original Poster

thanks for that mate

Original Poster

Thanks! would you recommend redsn0w or purplera1n for jailbreaking?

Original Poster

and also just tried to access itunes to perform the operation but it says 'quicktime was not found' iv tried uninstalling then re installing itunes but still the same error message.

ddturner1986;6035288

and also just tried to access itunes to perform the operation but it says … and also just tried to access itunes to perform the operation but it says 'quicktime was not found' iv tried uninstalling then re installing itunes but still the same error message.

Redsn0w

What version of itunes do you have?

Original Poster

itunes 8.2.1

Original Poster

this is annoying me now, do you think im using the wrong itunes? no matter what i do it just keeps giving me the error message itune requires quickplayer, and quickplayers clearly on my system

uninstall it and try again. download the official one from itunes

Original Poster

wonkey;6035741

uninstall it and try again. download the official one from itunes

tried that afew times but seem to still get the same error message, tried downloading quicktime seperatly aswell but still no joy:-(

ddturner1986;6035785

tried that afew times but seem to still get the same error message, tried … tried that afew times but seem to still get the same error message, tried downloading quicktime seperatly aswell but still no joy:-(

sounds a bit iffy to me. why do you need quicktime when you are trying to jailbrake your phone anyway?

Original Poster

wonkey;6035793

sounds a bit iffy to me. why do you need quicktime when you are trying to … sounds a bit iffy to me. why do you need quicktime when you are trying to jailbrake your phone anyway?

because itunes wont open up without it, when i click to open itunes the error message come up 'quicktime was not found' 'quicktime is reguired to run itunes, please uninstall then reinstall itunes'

i need to access itunes when jailbreaking my iphone right?

ddturner1986;6035832

because itunes wont open up without it, when i click to open itunes the … because itunes wont open up without it, when i click to open itunes the error message come up 'quicktime was not found' 'quicktime is reguired to run itunes, please uninstall then reinstall itunes'i need to access itunes when jailbreaking my iphone right?

nope, you should be doing it via redsn0w which doesnt involve using itunes

Original Poster

wonkey;6036052

nope, you should be doing it via redsn0w which doesnt involve using itunes

oh right, im following this guide iclarified.com/ent…447 and step 2 says connect to itunes to restore your iphone, is this not necessary?

thanks for your input by the way.:thumbsup:

if your already using itunes 8.2.1 and the iphone is on version 3.0 you shouldnt have to mate

Original Poster

wonkey;6036221

if your already using itunes 8.2.1 and the iphone is on version 3.0 you … if your already using itunes 8.2.1 and the iphone is on version 3.0 you shouldnt have to mate

Ok so im using itunes 8.2.1 and the software installed on my iphone is 3.0.. i tried to download the software 3.0 file off the iclarified website but it downloads to a .zip file and i cant seem to extract the necessary file required to do a restore in itunes, is it essential to restore my iphone before i jailbreak it (iv downloaded quite afew free apps since iv had it etc.) or can i just literally download the redsn0w software and carry on through the steps?

Original Poster

anyone?

ddturner1986;6039501

anyone?

im at work at the mo but will email you later mate to talk you through it

ddturner1986;6038307

Ok so im using itunes 8.2.1 and the software installed on my iphone is … Ok so im using itunes 8.2.1 and the software installed on my iphone is 3.0.. i tried to download the software 3.0 file off the iclarified website but it downloads to a .zip file and i cant seem to extract the necessary file required to do a restore in itunes, is it essential to restore my iphone before i jailbreak it (iv downloaded quite afew free apps since iv had it etc.) or can i just literally download the redsn0w software and carry on through the steps?

yeah you need to restore to the firmware on that site for it to work, you can't just use the firmware that is already on the iphone, even if it is 3.0

you should be able to extract it with winrar?

This guy on youtube does some pretty good walkthroughs on how to jailbreak it:
If you're on a Mac:
]http//ww…age

If You're on a PC:
]http//ww…age

Good Luck
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604800
    2. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608652