Groups

jailbreaking iphone 3gs

Hi does anyone know any good websites to read about how to jailbreak my iphone 3gs? Im currently running on the 3.0 firmware and want the push email to work as well. (also jailbreaking unlocks the phone as well right?)

any info much appreciated.

thanks

17 Comments

Original Poster

kk thanks, and thats fine and the link for the windows version is fine for the 3.0 firmware?

system_error01;8007227

kk thanks, and thats fine and the link for the windows version is fine … kk thanks, and thats fine and the link for the windows version is fine for the 3.0 firmware?

Yes it will work with 3.0

Original Poster

and also is this jailbreak tethered? sorry bit of a novice with this .................................................................

system_error01;8007279

and also is this jailbreak tethered? sorry bit of a novice with this … and also is this jailbreak tethered? sorry bit of a novice with this .................................................................

Yes it's to jailbreak the phone. Happy to help

Spammed;8007300

Yes it's to jailbreak the phone. Happy to help

What?

He asked if it is tethered and you said something completley wrong.

This depends on when your phone was brought. If it was recently then yes

Original Poster

lol thanks strike, I was a bit confused as well. Well the phone is a 3GS about 6 months old and running on the 3.0 firmware. Do you know if the above link is the same as the hack from the dev team? or is there only one main type of hack for jailbreaking, been trying to find some places to explain the whole system but finding it difficult ...

system_error01;8007619

lol thanks strike, I was a bit confused as well. Well the phone is a 3GS … lol thanks strike, I was a bit confused as well. Well the phone is a 3GS about 6 months old and running on the 3.0 firmware. Do you know if the above link is the same as the hack from the dev team? or is there only one main type of hack for jailbreaking, been trying to find some places to explain the whole system but finding it difficult ...

Just download blackra1n and click make it rain :thumbsup:

Original Poster

and this will be untethered then will it strike?

system_error01;8007992

and this will be untethered then will it strike?

I cant be sure mate. Sorry think it will be tethered

Original Poster

no probs, thanks for the help anyway...

strike;8007546

What?He asked if it is tethered and you said something completley … What?He asked if it is tethered and you said something completley wrong.This depends on when your phone was brought. If it was recently then yes

Yeah sorry about that. Didn't read it properly thought it said "thread". Apologies

Do you have warranty mate? if you jailbreak a iphone will the warranty be void? if so can you restore the phone so they do not find out you jailbroke it?

thanks

andel90;8011523

Do you have warranty mate? if you jailbreak a iphone will the warranty be … Do you have warranty mate? if you jailbreak a iphone will the warranty be void? if so can you restore the phone so they do not find out you jailbroke it?thanks

in theory, jailbreaking an iphone voids the warranty...

but it can be updated and the jailbreak therefore taken off so should be no sign its been done...

Original Poster

does anyone know if using the firmware 3.0 is Ok when jailbreaking with blackrain? Becuase although spammed has siad it is OK, others are saying that it is not and that mt yphone will get brickked and that I will have to upgrade to the 3.1.2 firmware....

is this true? and how does one go about upgrading to the 3.1.2 firmware?

sorry dont wanto F*** it up lol

just blackra1n it!
    worst case scenario, it won't work.

Since 3.1.3 came out, which can't be JB'd, apple have stopped allowing upgrades to 3.1.2 or anything lower.... so you cant upgrade first anyway.
    So......
    Just run blackra1n.... it should work just fine and i dont think it can brick ur phone......!!!

czar.nik;8019579

just blackra1n it!worst case scenario, it won't work.Since 3.1.3 came … just blackra1n it!worst case scenario, it won't work.Since 3.1.3 came out, which can't be JB'd, apple have stopped allowing upgrades to 3.1.2 or anything lower.... so you cant upgrade first anyway.So......Just run blackra1n.... it should work just fine and i dont think it can brick ur phone......!!!

Worth noting it will be cable tethered with blackrain.

Which isn't a problem as long as you don't turn the device off (standy is fine).......if you do turn it off you need to run blackrain again.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Beds33
      2. What to do?????34
      3. Any free Now TV sports passes?22
      4. Best VR games?22

See more discussions