Jailbreaking iphone on 3.0 help

12 replies
Found 24th Apr 2010
I'm trying to jailbreak my iphone on 3.0 again using redsnow, but everytime i try to put it into dfu mode, it just swithces the ipod on, anyone got any ideas as to what i'm doing wrong?

I'm following the instructions on iclarified in the following post.

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
12 Comments

try using a diff version of RedSn0w

Original Poster

Just tried it with the latest version and it's still the same??

Banned

Are you

Turning it off to start with
Holding the power and home button for 10 seconds
Continue holding the home button and releasing the power button ?

Original Poster

ryman1000;8447466

Are youTurning it off to start withHolding the power and home button for … Are youTurning it off to start withHolding the power and home button for 10 secondsContinue holding the home button and releasing the power button ?

yes i'm following the on screen instructions as they appear, hold power button 3 seconds, hold home with power button ten seconds, continue to hold home button and release power button

use blackra1n its alot easier (as long as your iphone is still on v 3.1.2 or less)

Original Poster

milesy29;8447501

use blackra1n its alot easier (as long as your iphone is still on v 3.1.2 … use blackra1n its alot easier (as long as your iphone is still on v 3.1.2 or less)

Can I jailbreak 3.0 with blackrain, or do I have to upgrade?

Don't upgrade or you're screwed

Original Poster

localboy;8447705

Don't upgrade or you're screwed

I didn't mean upgrade to 3.1.3 , I know that can't be jailbroken, it's just all the instructions for black rain I've seen are for 3.1.2

souljacker;8447734

I didn't mean upgrade to 3.1.3 , I know that can't be jailbroken, it's … I didn't mean upgrade to 3.1.3 , I know that can't be jailbroken, it's just all the instructions for black rain I've seen are for 3.1.2

yeah, you can do it on any version apart from 3.1.3

Look ]here for previous releases and also previous firmware for your iphone. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

right well i tried using blackrainand now all ive got is the phone stuck on connect to itunes and the laptop not recognising the iphone:x

Original Poster

can anyone help with this? i now have what appers to be a bricked iphone

edit: sorted now, eventually got the phone to do a hard rest after trying it for an hour, i'll never try blackrain again as i had a similar problem last time.

Just have to do with an un jailbroken phone
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best 4k tv's for gaming11
    2. Christmas presents510
    3. Mobile phone advice33
    4. Anyone know of any budget laptops which charge through USB-C?55

See more discussions