Groups

Jailbreaking & Unlocking - iPhone 3.1

Well i bought a iPhone but unfortunately it had 3.1(7C144) loaded on it! with the baseband at 05.11.07
    From what i've read upon, i've seen people jailbreak their's through something called BlackRa1n however you could unlock it if your bootloaders a certain type..

What i don't get is, The custom firmware they have on the websites, are they specific to a country? or doesn't it matter? As they seem to drift more on the US side than the UK side....

Any Help would be appreciated thanks.

4 Comments

From what I've read 3.1.2 with baseband at 05.11.07 can be JB'd but not unlocked yet.

Banned

I dont know what basband mine is but i jailbroke my 3.1.2 the other day,

google blackra1n

Original Poster

steve1221;6585218

From what I've read 3.1.2 with baseband at 05.11.07 can be JB'd but not … From what I've read 3.1.2 with baseband at 05.11.07 can be JB'd but not unlocked yet.

Well what i've found out is that I've got some firmware which is 3.1.1 (7C144) which isnt the newest one out.
    lewt;6585230

I dont know what basband mine is but i jailbroke my 3.1.2 the other day, … I dont know what basband mine is but i jailbroke my 3.1.2 the other day, google blackra1n

Ive already looked at that, what i don't get is with something called "fuzzyband" you can downgrade the baseband as long as your bootloader is 5.8 and then unlock it, but unfortunately i cant seem to get around jailbreaking this 3.1!
    I've done a 2g one before, so im not that new to this, but this time im soo confused!

Apple really don't want people unlocking these things, unlike any other phone manufacturer...

Things might change when Orange and T get the iPhone, we can but hope.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions