Groups

jailbroken Iphone 3gs 3.1.2 upgrade to latest firmware 4.2.1

hi to all i have jailbroken iphone 3gs with 3.1.2 can i upgrade to 4.2.1 without losing app ?
    if yes how can i do this
    many thanks in advanced

11 Comments

Plug into iTunes and update

Original Poster

localboy

Plug into iTunes and update

will lost all the app?

Yes you can but you will have to re jailbreak look it up on youtube on how to do it without losing everything good luck
    I can't remember whether 4.1.2 is jailbroken yet

Sorry I meant 4.2.1

sync and backup your phone.

update to 4.2.1

use greenpois0n to jailbreak it,

set up cydia,

install installous / appsync

plug back into itunes and restore your backup

that will pretty much sort everything out appart from a few little things..

Hi, yes 4.2.1 can be jailbroken with green poison, I updated my iPad from 3.2.2 to 4.2.1 and all my apps were saved. I then jailbreaked it with green poison and didn't lose any apps too. As long as you don't sync apps with iTunes I think your ok, be sure to turn auto sync off. Hope this helps

DudeyGeeza

sync and backup your phone.update to 4.2.1use greenpois0n to jailbreak … sync and backup your phone.update to 4.2.1use greenpois0n to jailbreak it,set up cydia, install installous / appsyncplug back into itunes and restore your backupthat will pretty much sort everything out appart from a few little things..

Links ?

WheresMeNuts

Links ?

10Untethered 4.2.1 JB (iPhone/iPad/iPod) goo.gl/OhSt

jailbreaking with greenpois0n, will (after reboot) give you the greenpois0n icon on your dashboard, just click it then install cydia, once done, load cydia, let it do it stuff for the first time, it may ask to reboot. (if prompted to upgrade, always do a "complete upgrade", again, reboot after if necessary.

reload cydia, click manage, click sources, click edit, then add.

type this in:

cydia.hackulo.us

click done, let it update.

go to search, type in instal

and choose the installous from the hackulo.us repo, install everything.

reboot,

load installous (now on your desktop)

go to settings, turn on remove metadata and itunes sync, (if not already on)

the plug back into itunes

and restore a backup of your old phone.

done

Original Poster

DudeyGeeza

10Untethered 4.2.1 JB (iPhone/iPad/iPod) http://goo.gl/OhStjailbreaking … 10Untethered 4.2.1 JB (iPhone/iPad/iPod) http://goo.gl/OhStjailbreaking with greenpois0n, will (after reboot) give you the greenpois0n icon on your dashboard, just click it then install cydia, once done, load cydia, let it do it stuff for the first time, it may ask to reboot. (if prompted to upgrade, always do a "complete upgrade", again, reboot after if necessary.reload cydia, click manage, click sources, click edit, then add.type this in:cydia.hackulo.usclick done, let it update.go to search, type in instaland choose the installous from the hackulo.us repo, install everything.reboot,load installous (now on your desktop)go to settings, turn on remove metadata and itunes sync, (if not already on)the plug back into itunesand restore a backup of your old phone.done

thanks for the tips just try and all go smooth
    thanks again

no worries

I take it you don't need an unlock via jb then?

There is no easy unlock solution for 4.2.1 yet.

Edited by: "jtx" 12th Feb 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44
      2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…44
      3. Review Hub Monthly Competition - Win a OnePlus 5!88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat1010

See more discussions