Groups
    EXPIRED

jameson's whiskey bargain / loophole? £15 @ Tesco

This one is pretty simple

Wasnt sure where to post - so its here and if mods feel it is better suited elsewhere - please move

Instructions -

Buy a bottle (70cl) of Jameson's Irish whiskey from Tesco.com or at your local Tesco store - this will cost you £15.00

Enter details of your till reciept on the tesco "price checker" and they will get back to you telling you it is £10.00 at ASDA - in the spirit of human kindness they will double the difference in price as a refund = £10

tesco.com/pri…ck/

This will give you a £10 voucher to spend at Tesco and it will only have cost you £5.00 for your whisky in real terms.

I realise you still need to spend £15 which is why i was sure if it should be in "deals" AND if you dont usually shop at Tesco its maybe not worth bothering.

I would buy the whiskey (or whiskey's as you see fit !!) as a standalone item(s) so that the rest of your shopping basket does not directly affect your "price difference"

And bear in mind the £100 household limit - so dont go buying 11 at once!!
    Hope the heads up makes someone want to vote hot

Unsure about end date . . . .

30 Comments

is their no minimum number of items you have to purchase ie asda's system has many loops to jump through

Nice Find..

Original Poster

no there is no minimum

roadrunner1

is their no minimum number of items you have to purchase ie asda's system … is their no minimum number of items you have to purchase ie asda's system has many loops to jump through

it says £12 at price checker so you get £6 from tesco - in the end bottle costs you £9, just £1 less than in ASDA. not worth the hassle - cold.

nice, so do they post or email voucher/credit?
    So 10 bottles = £150
    Tesco send me £100?

Nice if works.
    thank you

alhalal

no there is no minimum

Edited by: "roadrunner1" 13th Mar 2011

Jameson 12yr Oldirish Whiskey 70cl £25.59 £25.59 £22.23
    Jameson Irish Whiskey 1l £23.89 £23.89 £23.25
    Jameson Irish Whiskey 35cl £9.88 £10.02 £8.00
    Jameson Irish Whiskey 70cl £15.00 £15.39 £12.00

As long as I don't have to drink it - it's dire.

Original Poster

Its been in national press that ASDA have it at £10

Check ASDA.com for yourself for the price - you think Tesco want to admit that someone is undercutting them a fiver?

corenack

it says £12 at price checker so you get £6 from tesco - in the end bottle … it says £12 at price checker so you get £6 from tesco - in the end bottle costs you £9, just £1 less than in ASDA. not worth the hassle - cold.

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp;jsessionid=hv5jKsl32qeFa3YOWbWydA**.oses4083-atg08?trailSize=1&searchString=jamesons&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=258448

corenack

Jameson 12yr Oldirish Whiskey 70cl £25.59 £25.59 £22.23Jameson Irish Wh … Jameson 12yr Oldirish Whiskey 70cl £25.59 £25.59 £22.23Jameson Irish Whiskey 1l £23.89 £23.89 £23.25Jameson Irish Whiskey 35cl £9.88 £10.02 £8.00Jameson Irish Whiskey 70cl £15.00 £15.39 £12.00

Seemed like a good deal, like OP said if you drink it anyway not bad. I dont so would sell it to the father in law so for me if I bought 4 bottles, £60 outlay, £40 back from Tesco, would leave £20 for four bottles which is good. Asda selling it for £10 a bottle but wouldnt sell it to my FIL for that so potentially £8 a bottle which would leave me a net profit of £12-£3 delivery charge. £9 profit.
    Edited by: "coppers459" 13th Mar 2011

Original Poster

Thanks roadrunner

its showing on my asda.com at £10 - and at £10 when i click on your link

Is it perhaps Scotland only? really not sure, just thought id post in case it helped someone.

roadrunner1

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp;jsessionid=hv5jKsl32qeFa3YOWbWydA**.oses4083-atg08?trailSize=1&searchString=jamesons&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=258448

not scotland only as Im in north east of England

Original Poster

And sorry - they email the voucher - ive had loads of them this week finding massive price differences

roadrunner1

nice, so do they post or email voucher/credit? So 10 bottles = £150Tesco … nice, so do they post or email voucher/credit? So 10 bottles = £150Tesco send me £100?Nice if works.thank you

It is definitley £10 00 a bottle in asda i bought some on friday. i live in the north west.

£10 in berwick upon tweed

Moved to misc as it's a handy thing to know.
    A similar thread was posted earlier.
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/tesco-double-difference-pretty-much-100-free-tesco-vouchers-booze-hurry/897449

The original thread, from the price check starting, is here
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/tesco-price-checker-checks-your-shopping-total-against-asda-gives-double-differe/892004

and there was a 'heads up' from Nicster before that.
    Edited by: "chesso" 14th Mar 2011

do they change there prices monday?

Banned

So what price will tesco compare against? their own price checker site that says £12 at ASDA or the ASDA site at £10?

Banned

Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur £10 for 1Litre Bottle at ASDA £16.47 @ Tesco = £3.53 a bottle once you get your voucher back.

Also check Pimm no1 £10 for 70c on asda site and £13.97 = £6.03

All these are only going to work if the Tesco price checker site updates before the asda offer ends.

Original Poster

price checker has been wrong for me several times, but it updates and pays out correctly

So has any done this?

Banned

alhalal

price checker has been wrong for me several times, but it updates and … price checker has been wrong for me several times, but it updates and pays out correctly

According to the Price checker site, they update once a week. It's all new to me, so If someone can prove that wrong I'm happy to learn.

wrong for me too got order this morning the price checker should be updated daily, but thats where there going to make there money, when people order and expect a good diffrence back only to find when there order comes the price is lower than the checker states, matching asda or just a few pence over asda's price.

The whiskey came back not found from the receipt I submitted on Saturday, looks like i'll have to return them and go shopping in Asda instead. The price checker hasn't been updated since the 11th, I won't be risking any more money on this as they seem to be excluding products that are a lot cheaper at asda.

kiwikeen

The whiskey came back not found from the receipt I submitted on Saturday, … The whiskey came back not found from the receipt I submitted on Saturday, looks like i'll have to return them and go shopping in Asda instead. The price checker hasn't been updated since the 11th, I won't be risking any more money on this as they seem to be excluding products that are a lot cheaper at asda.

yes they either dont scan or they fix the price to nearly match asda so they dont have to give double the diffrence. best thing is to buy instore rather than online. so your not taking a risk.

sunkissed

yes they either dont scan or they fix the price to nearly match asda so … yes they either dont scan or they fix the price to nearly match asda so they dont have to give double the diffrence. best thing is to buy instore rather than online. so your not taking a risk.

I did purchase instore, checked the Tesco price and Asda price online, and paid the inflated £15 at the till in Tesco, the item came back not found, so I suspect they have pulled it from the pricecheck comparison.

I would call them up just explain to them you paid more than asda and you want double the difference.

Original Poster

I just got my email in - bought 2 bottles (yesterday) and got a voucher for £20 !!

will try and upload a pic later for the non believers

Original Poster

OTAL £ 31.85 £ 21.85
    1 x TESCO COURGETTES LSE CLASS 1 (0.21 kg) £ 0.38 £ 0.38
    1 x T. FINEST SWEET POINTED PEPPERS £ 1.47 £ 1.47
    2 x JAMESON IRISH WHISKEY 70CL £ 30.00 £ 20.00
    1 x FRESH DILL 30G £ 0.79 N/A
    1 x DAFFODILS BUNCH £ 1.00 N/A
    1 x (0.215 kg) £ 3.01 N/A

Just a quick cut and paste to keep the dream alive til later.

Yes it works but you have to be careful if ordering online due to the updates been slow and not done daily. Price checker says rum is £17.xx bottle but got it today and they only charged me £12.77 meaning it's only 77p over asda price instead of £5.xx I'm sure there already fixing the jamesons price by now after seeing the orders put in
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …233743
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523453
      3. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2837
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30404

See more discussions