Jamma board question (retro gaming)

Found 30th Jul
Looking around at cabinets and retro gaming. Anybody know how jamma boards work? Do they work alone or do they plug in to something else like a pc?
Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
I think jamma boards are designed to support multiple real arcade boards. They're a semi universal adapter for old arcade boards.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…ion

Jamma is a Japanese standard according to the link. Most are now PC mame systems with a ps2 connected keyboard used as the switches interface.
kester7617 m ago

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Amusement_Machine_and_Marketing_AssociationJamma is a Japanese standard according to the link. Most are now PC mame systems with a ps2 connected keyboard used as the switches interface.

Cheers Kester, much appreciated.
Very hard to beat a Rasberry Pi 3 running retropie, cheap and works great.
paulj4813 m ago

Can you play gundam ny and scud race on that?
I would look at a Vewlix clone. You can put anything you want inside it, consoles, PCB etc. And it has a nice LCD screen instead of CRT plus they look great.

You can put a one or two player controller panel on it.
MadeDixonsCry5 m ago

Can you play gundam ny and scud race on that?

Never heard of Gundam ny, what system is it on?

Scud Race, you mean the Dreamcast version? A Pi can run a Dreamcast emulator but not all games run well
paulj4853 m ago

Yeah was tempted with 1 to try, fancy doing some kind of cabinet or coffee table, plenty of images out there and looks like an easy option.
Thanks.
mastablasta36 m ago

I would look at a Vewlix clone. You can put anything you want inside it, …I would look at a Vewlix clone. You can put anything you want inside it, consoles, PCB etc. And it has a nice LCD screen instead of CRT plus they look great. You can put a one or two player controller panel on it.

Cheers mastablasta, looks a cool system but space is very limited so looking at a smaller build. Thanks.
mastablasta36 m ago

I would look at a Vewlix clone. You can put anything you want inside it, …I would look at a Vewlix clone. You can put anything you want inside it, consoles, PCB etc. And it has a nice LCD screen instead of CRT plus they look great. You can put a one or two player controller panel on it.

I think we would all love one of those but they're very expensive. Docs out there to build your own from mdf though.
Pi is a little underpowered for later titles and you need a good supply voltage. Most old PCs will be fine but a good front end is tricky to set up. I've tried max console, hyperspin but big box is the easiest. Check out simply Austin on YouTube for ideas.
paulj481 h, 53 m ago

Never heard of Gundam ny, what system is it on?Scud Race, you mean the …Never heard of Gundam ny, what system is it on?Scud Race, you mean the Dreamcast version? A Pi can run a Dreamcast emulator but not all games run well

Sorry, I meant gunblade ny. Both on Sega am3

I'm well out of it, scud race is Sega am2
Edited by: "MadeDixonsCry" 30th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions