52 Comments
Sloth/Mod
HMV will be next
we'll be left with just supermarkets and amazon at this rate
oh dear - my sister in law loves jane norman
Original Poster Mod & Ed
lucerysmum

oh dear - my sister in law loves jane norman

there is a 50% sale online, but not posting as a deal, hate it when stores go down, never the staffs fault yet they're the ones affected
Original Poster Mod & Ed
As an after thought, I'm not giving gift cards this year for any store, you never know, just going to give good old fashioned cash
apparently clintons on the brink too
wishihadadonkey

As an after thought, I'm not giving gift cards this year for any store, … As an after thought, I'm not giving gift cards this year for any store, you never know, just going to give good old fashioned cash

Good call!
I guess shopping centre gift cards may still be ok though..
Original Poster Mod & Ed
barky

Our high streets are going to be dead shortly @ this rate
barky

Amazing that they could actually go under considering how much they charge for a bit of card..
Syzable

HMV will be next

kfor.com/bus…ory

Not just yet sy, they have a stay of execution for now ....
Banned
No need to be sad. This is capitalism in action. Bad companies die, good companies replace them.
no wonder the one in town didn't open this morning. I walked around till near enough 10:30. All I wanted was a pretty top! At least it saved me some money.
FilthAndFurry

No need to be sad. This is capitalism in action. High Street companies … No need to be sad. This is capitalism in action. High Street companies die, Internet based companies replace them.

corrected
Never heard of them
barky

I did not have sexual relations with that woman

winifer

we'll be left with just supermarkets and amazon at this rate

Shame many of the supermarket clothes are not the best especially for adults.
Banned
I think the high street will become polarised - the middle classes will shop online more whilst the high street will cater to either the higher spenders who are willing to pay for better service or the lower class who shop in places like Primark.

Just a theory.
Card factory will close this week in my town, it's always packed out aswell .
Stores just cannot compete with online companies who offer free postage and reduced prices due to no massive overheads. 1 warehouse vs 30+ stores? which would you deem more economical :s.

Didnt this shop kind of cater for the niché market of sub size 8s??
philmitchell

Card factory will close this week in my town, it's always packed out … Card factory will close this week in my town, it's always packed out aswell .

Those shops are always packed,indeed,can't believe that is closing near you,blimey.

Jane Norman is another overpriced shop on the High St.
There are plenty of office recruiters as is!.

Oh . .
Punjab

There are plenty of office recruiters as is!.Oh . .

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3537/3688323132_1940f640da.jpg
Edited by: "Nailez" 27th Jun 2011
so is the online store still open and selling then ??? my wife will be devistated lol im gonna be skint if the online shop is still open but anything is worthwhile if shes happy lol
sad times
Original Poster Mod & Ed
mark251976

so is the online store still open and selling then ??? my wife will be … so is the online store still open and selling then ??? my wife will be devistated lol im gonna be skint if the online shop is still open but anything is worthwhile if shes happy lol

online sale @ the moment
FilthAndFurry

No need to be sad. This is capitalism in action. Bad companies die, good … No need to be sad. This is capitalism in action. Bad companies die, good companies replace them.

Ooooooh shut-up you Clown.
dontasciime

Never heard of them

You're bound to have seen a schoolgirl walk about with their oversized carrier. You probably just didn't notice the bag.
ok looks like she best get shopping now then problem shes in hospital humm have to think on this one.
Banned
WheresMeNuts

Ooooooh shut-up you Clown.

Do you always get angry when people point out the facts of life to you?
Hissy Miss

You're bound to have seen a schoolgirl walk about with their oversized … You're bound to have seen a schoolgirl walk about with their oversized carrier. You probably just didn't notice the bag.

Bit hard to see from the bushes you know.
FilthAndFurry

Do you always get angry when people point out the facts of life to you?

I only get angry when people like you are so obvious when people are losing Jobs you come up with stupid reasons why.
Are you honestly saying that having 90 Stores means you where not good at running a business ?
Could it not just be the fact we are still in recession & people are not spending as much as they did 3 years ago.
FilthAndFurry

I think the high street will become polarised - the middle classes will … I think the high street will become polarised - the middle classes will shop online more whilst the high street will cater to either the higher spenders who are willing to pay for better service or the lower class who shop in places like Primark.Just a theory.

Is like that pretty much on our high street. Take away banks and you're left with Fat Face/White Stuff/Costa or Charity shops
Banned
WheresMeNuts

I only get angry when people like you are so obvious when people are … I only get angry when people like you are so obvious when people are losing Jobs you come up with stupid reasons why.Are you honestly saying that having 90 Stores means you where not good at running a business ?Could it not just be the fact we are still in recession & people are not spending as much as they did 3 years ago.

It's not a stupid reason. Failure to adapt to changing market conditions kills businesses.

Don't be angry because you don't understand. Just breathe.....
FilthAndFurry

It's not a stupid reason. Failure to adapt to changing market conditions … It's not a stupid reason. Failure to adapt to changing market conditions kills businesses.Don't be angry because you don't understand. Just breathe.....

So here we have BIG FF from a Shopping forum telling us a Business that has 90 Stores & Millions if not Billions of pounds that they have been running the stores wrongly.
Why don't they just pay you millions & then they would never go out of Business X)

You live in a dream world.
sancho1983

Is like that pretty much on our high street. Take away banks and you're … Is like that pretty much on our high street. Take away banks and you're left with Fat Face/White Stuff/Costa or Charity shops

I think a lot of towns are like it already like Sancho says. Even the banks can't be bothered to open for a full day in our nearest town now. Not surprising really, never seems anybody in them. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy in a way; the more stores shut, the less there is to pull people onto the high street, then more stores close so even less to attract people and so on.
Nailez

forget it.

whoosh.
WheresMeNuts

So here we have BIG FF from a Shopping forum telling us a Business that … So here we have BIG FF from a Shopping forum telling us a Business that has 90 Stores & Millions if not Billions of pounds that they have been running the stores wrongly.Why don't they just pay you millions & then they would never go out of Business X)You live in a dream world.

I don't think they do...
Banned
WheresMeNuts

So here we have BIG FF from a Shopping forum telling us a Business that … So here we have BIG FF from a Shopping forum telling us a Business that has 90 Stores & Millions if not Billions of pounds that they have been running the stores wrongly.Why don't they just pay you millions & then they would never go out of Business X)You live in a dream world.

Sorry, have you not read the thread title?

Do you know that 'administration' is generally considered a bad thing to be in?
FilthAndFurry

Sorry, have you not read the thread title?Do you know that … Sorry, have you not read the thread title?Do you know that 'administration' is generally considered a bad thing to be in?

"Administration" does not mean your Skint.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions