Groups

Japanese wii broken - no AV signal! - anyone recommend plae to repair?

My sister got a Japanese Wii at Xmas time for her hubby and it died yesterday - well it still powers on but no output to tv. Someone suggested it would most likely need a board replacement as GPU or processor most likely gone but that she would probably have to get a PAL one. Is it really expensive to get this done - i.e. would she be as well buying a new one and selling her broken one for spares? Any helpadvice appreciated. Also if anyone knows anyone who does Wii repairs etc in Angus area or provides a good shippingreturns service.

Just had a thought, brother in law is an electronics engineer, would it be easy enough for him to replace board, and where could I source one!

Thanks for any helpadvice! Its my brother in laws birthday today so would really like to sort out some kind of fix for him!

3 Comments

Is there no warranty with it? Where did you get it from?

Original Poster

Thanks for responses so far. Unfortunately wii is invalid for warranty...guy I bought it from sold it for his brother so is contacting him to see where he bought it but guess warranty of any sort is out f the question....even if it is only 3-4 months old. Any thoughts on how expensive to repair or if I should just get her a new one and sell the old one for spares?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?910
      2. Important info for Ryanair customers1927
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767277
      4. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1526

See more discussions