Javascript - have Java but comp tells me I need Javascript enabled

10 replies
Found 7th Aug 2010
I have Java installed onmy computer but the muller website tells me that I need javascript enabled to enter a competition. Can anyone tell me what I need to do please?

10 Comments

javascript will be in your browser (internet explorer, firefox, chrome) settings. Nothing to do with java.

javascript will be a browser setting,

IE8 > Tools > Internet Options >Advanced > Reset
Firefox -> tools > options > content > enable javascript

if you tell us your browser we can show you how to enable javascript

Common misconception but Java and Javascript are separate entities.

If Firefox do you have noScript or similar installed?

Original Poster

Oh my goodness, I didn't really expect any response - thank you! First off I'm pretty ignorant on these things. Looked at my internet options and there is no firefox or javascript or noscript. It's retty much as I received it. I have windows 7 and internet explorer 8. Just started the process as laid out by faevilangel, and maybe then I'd have got to the firefox thing (??), but it basically told me I'd lose all my settings etc and I'm not sure I want to do that. Will if I have to, but is there no other way?

Original Poster

Thanks mittu, but I followed the instructions and still no joy. What a pain!

Hmm, I would suggest installing another browser like Google Chrome or Firefox.

bpirockin

Thanks mittu, but I followed the instructions and still no joy. What a … Thanks mittu, but I followed the instructions and still no joy. What a pain!

Original Poster

I installed google chrome but didn't like it so reverted to my old browser. It's still installed but javascript still not 'enabled' even though the right boxes are ticked.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3593
    2. black friday dates for halfords11
    3. One4all gift cards can only be converted to Amazon codes until MIDNIGHT TON…66
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226663

See more discussions