Jay Rayner?

Found 3rd Aug 2017
Why the love? I don't get it. Did Claire Rayner have so many patients and they all stuck together?

Or is it that the guy actually has superior tastebuds or is genuinely erudite - without the knee up that his mummy gave him into the industry?

All of the restaurant "reviews" in my local rag are inevitably 4 or 5 stars.

Advertorials. The problem I have with Rayner is he trades on his Henry 8th appearance and girth. No one is not going to know who he is whatever pseudonym he books under.

From his appearances on TV and butt licking he gets on The Guardian I can imagine him being very unfair and churlish for the simple reason that no one treated this fat Henry 8th wannabe with the utter deference that no doubt he expects without question....

Fans of Claire Rayner, that annoying agony aunt or his?.... xx
Community Updates
Misc
11 Comments
Who? Eh? You sniffing Pritt Stick?
If you don't like the chap probably best not to pay any attention to him. I had to search who he was, he looks vaguely familiar but I still don't know who is exactly so wont be hard to ignore him.
I'm surprised that people still listen to so called expert critics when everybody is one these days.
reddit10 m ago

I'm surprised that people still listen to so called expert critics when …I'm surprised that people still listen to so called expert critics when everybody is one these days.

Including OP, apparently
He is much like any other critic
He has a famous mum and long hair. So what? Heat looks far more like charles the second than Henry the eighth by the way and he is far from unique in having famous relatives. Look at Giles coren. His dad was fairly famous., and where do you start with William sitwell's family?
psychobitchfromhell4th Aug

He has a famous mum and long hair. So what? Heat looks far more like …He has a famous mum and long hair. So what? Heat looks far more like charles the second than Henry the eighth by the way and he is far from unique in having famous relatives. Look at Giles coren. His dad was fairly famous., and where do you start with William sitwell's family?

Winner of the Beard Liberation Front "Beard of the Year 2011".

Instant celebrity status.
Jackmaster28 m ago

.And apparently you? I'll make sure I respond to threads that I have no ….And apparently you? I'll make sure I respond to threads that I have no interest or knowledge of in the future. Seems the clever thing to do....

I don't think you understand the difference between being a critic and making an observation. You were critical of Jay Rayner whereas I made the observation that you were being critical.

This is HUKD misc, you can post a comment in any thread you like.
fanpages1 h, 52 m ago

Winner of the Beard Liberation Front "Beard of the Year 2011".Instant …Winner of the Beard Liberation Front "Beard of the Year 2011".Instant celebrity status.

Is there no end to his talent? I quite like him. He's quite funny on kitchen cabinet on radio four
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 9th Aug 2017
I quite like him - he's not without his annoying traits but he's got an appealing way with words and he talks a lot of sense when it comes to some of the bull in the industry - he calls people out on "concepts" and hocus pocus "ethical" issues
PS. i never even knew he had a famous mum until recently so nothing to do with that (maybe a bit young;-))
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants