JCB CHISEL SET B & Q - SOMEONE APPARENTLY !!! ?? COLLECTED MY ONLINE ORDER

I placed a click and collect order for these chisels yesterday and paid. Got mt email saying order ready for collection. Then this morning get a text to say they have been collected . I rang the store - they say a lady had a copy of my order - B**LSH*T !! noone had that order other than me. I have rang the store and also head office - It's being looked into - What would you do ? I have paid for these and someone in store ?? has decided they would have them at the such cheap price ??

29 Comments

Banned

Well. They should have a spare set ready for collection if they made a mistake.

Did you ask that?

Tell them to check CCTV.

bet staff had em

Original Poster

they say they have no more in stock - I have asked to see the cctv

Definitely tell them to check the CCTV, they should have an exact time for when the item was collected from your order number in their system! Sounds like something dodgy's gone on though :-(

probably gave the wrong set and someone else's order will be there. probably an honest mistake..

Doesn't surprise me, two orders at our local went missing after receiving the text, store said they never had them. head office and store couldn't communicate to each other. On one occasion I ordered for click and collect as the store didn't have the item in stock went to check after being messed about and there were 20 on the shelf. Biggest issue was getting a refund took weeks, lesson learned don't shop there any more usually more.

Banned

roba1st

they say they have no more in stock

Get them to check the paid for cages.

B&Q click & collect is a complete waste of time, they don't even reserve what you've ordered in my experience with them. Don't bother anymore.

All stores have CCTV above the tills to watch the staff handling cash and potential till snatches from the public. They'll be able to pinpoint the time it was "collected" and review. Head office should help with this, if they try and refuse state that a crime has taken place and you will be calling the police ...... contact 101 as technically it has been stolen from you
Edited by: "japes" 13th Jan

david_wavid

Tell them to check CCTV.

Don't you just hate it when someone pretends to be you eh?

it could be that the wrong order was giving to someone else halfords once made that mistake with me before luckily I noticed while I was waiting for my lift outside the shop so I was able to take it right back

Both Wilko and Currys did this to me over Christmas. They gave my order to someone else. Wilko quickly realised their mistake and gave me the other person's order. Currys, after a bit of arguing, gave me the item from the store. Both stores said it was because they were inundated with in store collections.

I had this with b and q before when I collected part of my order but didnt have any problem picking the rest up the day after ( can only go in carpark once and were 16 rolls of insulation). They will definitely have cctv on the collections desk and someone would have to have signed. I'm sure they know they've probably not done their job probably and given the wrong order out.

Original Poster

I am escalating this even further as something dodgy has gone on here - It wasn't just one set I ordered it was a few ...

roba1st

I am escalating this even further as something dodgy has gone on here - … I am escalating this even further as something dodgy has gone on here - It wasn't just one set I ordered it was a few ...

​maybe that's why. they "might" think you are taking advantage of the low price or reselling them and made up the story so you can't have them. you never know.

Original Poster

caverncity

​maybe that's why. they "might" think you are taking advantage of the low … ​maybe that's why. they "might" think you are taking advantage of the low price or reselling them and made up the story so you can't have them. you never know.

They are for guys who use them for their job ( carpenters ) . They bottom line is they should either have not accepted the order and took my money or cancelled the order from the outset and not make up some C**P about having been collected - I think I may actually call the Police from the shop as something very fishy !!!! has gone on here

how many exactly did you order.. 10? 20?

Dawsy

how many exactly did you order.. 10? 20?

​beat me to it

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" or probably in this case incompetence.......B &Q stock controls get bad feedback on here.

If want to pursue this further, there used to be something called "loss of bargain". But you need to check fully the terms of click and colllect before doing anything.
Edited by: "gari189" 13th Jan

Original Poster

caverncity

​beat me to it

only a few

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

Well. They should have a spare set ready for collection if they made a … Well. They should have a spare set ready for collection if they made a mistake. Did you ask that?

yes , there store is sold out

Original Poster

ethypops

I had this with b and q before when I collected part of my order but … I had this with b and q before when I collected part of my order but didnt have any problem picking the rest up the day after ( can only go in carpark once and were 16 rolls of insulation). They will definitely have cctv on the collections desk and someone would have to have signed. I'm sure they know they've probably not done their job probably and given the wrong order out.

I personally think that someone in store has had them

Original Poster

scaryvonne

it could be that the wrong order was giving to someone else halfords once … it could be that the wrong order was giving to someone else halfords once made that mistake with me before luckily I noticed while I was waiting for my lift outside the shop so I was able to take it right back

The lady I spoke to was adamant that the lady had a copy of my actual !!! order ! really what is the chance of someone going in my local ! store with my paperwork !! ??? a million to one ! ??

Banned

roba1st

yes , there store is sold out

There is a difference between "sold out" & "sold awaiting collection in a cage by the tills with someones name on it"

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

There is a difference between "sold out" & "sold awaiting collection in a … There is a difference between "sold out" & "sold awaiting collection in a cage by the tills with someones name on it"

Other stores show stock that are nearby ( at the higher price ) , I am asking for my order to be made available to collect from another store

I picked some rothenberger, JCB and Stanley stuff today that I ordered last night, apparently there was a glitch in the system at about 7pm last night.
they still honoured it even though its all back at full price.

You know what? There are far more important things to get angry about. So b&q are not going to sell you 200 chisels so you can make a big profit on eBay. I'm sure they will refund you if there is proof you didn't collect them. Move on

psychobitchfromhell

You know what? There are far more important things to get angry about. So … You know what? There are far more important things to get angry about. So b&q are not going to sell you 200 chisels so you can make a big profit on eBay. I'm sure they will refund you if there is proof you didn't collect them. Move on

Exactly. Walking into the store, making a scene and calling the police is so childish, just ask for a refund and get on with your life.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963001
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763871
    3. Baby boxes to be sent to new parents in Scotland from Tuesday!1422
    4. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407225

See more discussions