JD Sports click + collect

Posted 7th Jan
morning folks!
has any1 used JDs C+C delivery service over Xmas/New year? have u had a text/email delivery confirmation yet? JD states 3-5 days, I've been waiting over a week
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Over a week is not normal I usually get a text to say it’s been dispatched around day 2 so I would call customer services
We ordered just before Christmas and had a message to pick up yesterday so they must have a lot of ordered to send out
Dylan_Smith13507/01/2020 08:08

Over a week is not normal I usually get a text to say it’s been dispatched …Over a week is not normal I usually get a text to say it’s been dispatched around day 2 so I would call customer services

CS is a nightmare.. on hold for half hour just to b cut off
AndyWalker8507/01/2020 08:15

We ordered just before Christmas and had a message to pick up yesterday so …We ordered just before Christmas and had a message to pick up yesterday so they must have a lot of ordered to send out

How many days (in total) was u waiting?
Corner_taken_quickly07/01/2020 08:45

How many days (in total) was u waiting?

Ordered on the 23rd. Does say on the email it can take up to 27 days
AndyWalker8507/01/2020 08:52

I suppose with Xmas/new yr u have to expect a delay.. upto 27 days seems a bit much tho u did well to get it within a couple of weeks
I ordered before Christmas and it did take only 5 days but there was a 20 minute wait in the store to collect (Oxford St London) and none of the staff seemed to care so I walked out. Even telling a manager why I was walking out and he just said it wasn't his problem.

I've also ordered from Size recently (same owner) and that order is taking a long time to get despatched, so I think they must of had a lot of orders in the sale.
jon81uk07/01/2020 09:11

I ordered before Christmas and it did take only 5 days but there was a 20 …I ordered before Christmas and it did take only 5 days but there was a 20 minute wait in the store to collect (Oxford St London) and none of the staff seemed to care so I walked out. Even telling a manager why I was walking out and he just said it wasn't his problem.I've also ordered from Size recently (same owner) and that order is taking a long time to get despatched, so I think they must of had a lot of orders in the sale.

Thing is .. they kno full well Xmas is a busy period. U would think they'd get extra staff in to cater for the demand. JD were happy to take my £140 immediately, no delay there...
Corner_taken_quickly07/01/2020 09:22

Thing is .. they kno full well Xmas is a busy period. U would think …Thing is .. they kno full well Xmas is a busy period. U would think they'd get extra staff in to cater for the demand. JD were happy to take my £140 immediately, no delay there...

What annoyed me in-store waiting to collect was that they had plenty of staff but every single one I spoke to just said "I'm not trained on click and collect" or "I'm not the manager of the tills" they didn't even care about trying to resolve the customers problems.

I think Christmas wasn't too bad, the item I ordered on the 20th was available to pick up on the 28th, it seems to be the sales that are busier than expected.
jon81uk07/01/2020 09:24

What annoyed me in-store waiting to collect was that they had plenty of …What annoyed me in-store waiting to collect was that they had plenty of staff but every single one I spoke to just said "I'm not trained on click and collect" or "I'm not the manager of the tills" they didn't even care about trying to resolve the customers problems.I think Christmas wasn't too bad, the item I ordered on the 20th was available to pick up on the 28th, it seems to be the sales that are busier than expected.

Not to sound too harsh on all instore staff.. but the 1s in my local store r all miserable teens that look like they don't wanna b there. I've seen happier vegans in a butcher's shop!
Corner_taken_quickly07/01/2020 09:34

Not to sound too harsh on all instore staff.. but the 1s in my local store …Not to sound too harsh on all instore staff.. but the 1s in my local store r all miserable teens that look like they don't wanna b there. I've seen happier vegans in a butcher's shop!

See I had the opposite problem, the younger staff (probably in their 20s) were willing to try to help within the limits of their role, so they weren't trained to help so tried to fetch a manager, but the management just wasn't proactive and didn't really want to help customers.
jon81uk07/01/2020 09:35

See I had the opposite problem, the younger staff (probably in their 20s) …See I had the opposite problem, the younger staff (probably in their 20s) were willing to try to help within the limits of their role, so they weren't trained to help so tried to fetch a manager, but the management just wasn't proactive and didn't really want to help customers.

Doesn't seem right.. management should wanna help more than any1 else. Probably not being paid enough
It seems an awful company, i placed an order online yesterday and still have not received even confirmation that it was placed. I know it was as they have taken the money.
just checked our account on one of their other sites from an order from last week, they are now quoting 7 to 10 days for delivery, had emailed them already as we are used to much quicker delivery now and waiting 6 working days seems excessive.
You just gotta be patient
I hadn’t heard anything from mine then on the 5th day I received the dispatched and ready to collect emails on the same day
AndyWalker8507/01/2020 08:52

Does seem a bit drastic amazon mange to ship thousands of delivery’s every day
Same problem here, placed an order for collect from store, today is exactly 1 week still nothing. It must be due to high demand over the Christmas period as they had a big sale
UPDATE. 5 days after my original discussions post and........ still no items!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions