Jd Sports/ Hermes issue with delivery

Posted 27th Jan 2022
I ordered some clothing from JD Sports and it was delivered by Hermes. I recieved a photo showing the parcel o my doormat. When I returned home there was no parcel anywhere. The house was empty all day so no one recieved the parcel. It states on Hermes website that they have an open door policy, ie the parcel has to be left in an open door with a photo taken to prove it has been delivered. My photo shows the parcel left on my doormat. I also live on a busy road with constant traffic. I have complained to JD Spprts and after 3 weeks recieved an email stating that the issue is closed, and I have neither my parcel nor a refund. Help please!!!?
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Most reasonable people would not class a "doormat on a busy street" as an acceptable example of an order "coming into the physical possession of the consumer".

Suggestion for OP:
    you have already made one attempt to resolve without success. You may now have to be a little more forceful.
    Send initial polite comms to a credible JD CS contact (not Herpes) stating:

Your courier states order xxxx was delivered nn January 2022 yet despite your courier's statement the goods are yet to come into my possession.
    The Consumer Rights Act 2015 states that the goods remain at the trader's risk until they come into the physical possession of the consumer.
    Please indicate when I should expect to take physical possession of the goods.
    Should you wish to cancel the order I will accept an immediate refund to my original payment method.
    I await your indication of resolution no later than (today+3workingdays).

If JD declines to respond or provides an unacceptable response, post back here for formal Letter before Action assistance.

Above ramble based on casual reading of dull legislation stating:
    The goods remain at the trader’s risk until they come into the physical possession of:
    (a) the consumer, or
    (b) a person identified by the consumer to take possession of the goods.

legislation.gov.uk/ukp…ted
    Md_Yusuf_Islam27/01/2022 22:50

Or just do a chargeback / PayPal claim

PayPal claim would fail as the bot would see tracking showing delivery.
    Chargeback has no statutory obligation to consumer in disputes, but may be a credible route to resolution if any subsequent MCOL finds in OPs favour.
    How did you pay ?

hermes tend to text and email you with a delivery slot on the day of delivery , they also provide a link to change your delivery day if you’re not going to be in , why wasn’t this done ? (edited)
    Bloody useless company! A package isn't delivered if it's left on the doormat.What clowns they employ! Absolutely rubbish service.
    Md_Yusuf_Islam27/01/2022 18:29

How did you pay ?hermes tend to text and email you with a delivery slot on …How did you pay ?hermes tend to text and email you with a delivery slot on the day of delivery , they also provide a link to change your delivery day if you’re not going to be in , why wasn’t this done ?

They are very rarely within the delivery slot in my experience. I had a driver park on my drive and leave the parcel on the doorstep. The photo was of them hanging out the window and photographing their wing mirror which blocked the doorstep. Luckily that was a one off as the usual driver who's great must've been on holiday (edited)
    PonJaul7627/01/2022 20:27

They are very rarely within the delivery slot in my experience. I had a …They are very rarely within the delivery slot in my experience. I had a driver park on my drive and leave the parcel on the doorstep. The photo was of them hanging out the window and photographing their wing mirror which blocked the doorstep. Luckily that was a one off as the usual driver who's great must've been on holiday

Hermes are actually very good in my area , they do usually let you know when they’ll deliver between and certainly the date . The op must’ve got confirmation that it was delivered because they mention receiving a photo of the parcel on the door mat whilst they were still out . I’d have asked someone to pick it up if I couldn’t get to it but if I knew I wasn’t going to be home and no one else would be home to take the parcel in , knowing I live on a very busy road , then I would’ve clicked on the tracking that JD would’ve sent in an email and changed the delivery date . (edited)
    Or just do a chargeback / PayPal claim
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants