jd sports refund

Found 4th Mar 2015
Hi
i ordered a couple of items off jd sports online (both cheap items which i got off HUKD)...both if which were subsequently cancelled due to stock levels. But its taken them nearly 2 months and the other over 3 months and pending to pay me back a refund. Their T&Cs state customers should be refunded within 30 days of order. So far theyve given me 10% off next order!!! Ive asked them 4 times to put me thru to a manager and havent.

Should I carry on moaning or is the 10% the best ill get, you think?

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
8 Comments
why don't you email if you've been calling up. If you paid via PayPal then you can open a dispute if I'm correct and if you paid by card then I think your bank can get the money back.

no way would I let them keep my money so carry on.
Original Poster
Hiya,
Thanks for your response. All my comms have been via email. The view im looking at if it were a customer in the wrong they'd hit them hard! with interest charges or similar.
If I read this right, you have had a full refund - yes?
You are upset over the length of time taken to refund you - yes?
You are unhappy about the offer of 10% off your next order - yes?
So, I'm guessing if they offered something more you would be happier - yes?
If the answer to ALL these questions is "yes" then all I can suggest is you keep on at them until you win that bit more. Check to see if they have twitter and/or facebook accounts and if you have them try contacting them that way - that puts your issues into the public domain for all to see - so be careful what you say and how you say it or it might bounce back on you. I have used this to good effect in the past.
tardytortoise

If I read this right, you have had a full refund - yes?You are upset over … If I read this right, you have had a full refund - yes?You are upset over the length of time taken to refund you - yes?You are unhappy about the offer of 10% off your next order - yes?So, I'm guessing if they offered something more you would be happier - yes?If the answer to ALL these questions is "yes" then all I can suggest is you keep on at them until you win that bit more. Check to see if they have twitter and/or facebook accounts and if you have them try contacting them that way - that puts your issues into the public domain for all to see - so be careful what you say and how you say it or it might bounce back on you. I have used this to good effect in the past.

ah I missed the bit where they say they've received the refund I thought they'd only got 10% off next order and not the refund.

sorry op but I think 10% off your next order is the best you're going to get. To keep hassling for more is just pointless as they're not obliged to give you more. so either take it or carry on giving yourself a headache. it's really not worth the hassle and surely your time is worth more? good luck anyway in whatever you hope to do.
You, your greed and your sense of entitlement are the reason working in retail is soul destroying. First world problems...
Take it to a review site and give them a low score. Major companies have people who contact the public who left low scores and tries to settle the issue.

I had it with over clockers. I left a low score about them not honoring a sale price to retail of a monitor.
I purchased it Thursday for a Friday delivery. Item didn't turn up till Monday and went on sale Saturday. Tried explaining to them and they didn't care.

I had complained on trustpilot few years after it happened because someone brought up the subject.
Week later Steve from OC contacted me. Refunded me the difference and told me if I buy from OC again let him know he'll give me a discount. Brother bought a laptop (he returned it) and got off like £80 cos of this guy.

I only wanted my money back. Didn't care for compensation as I don't use OC anymore.

Jd may have a review rep as well. Can only try I guess.
I have had the same problem with jd. I ordered a bag online for click and collect they canceled my order the day after even though there was stock but they still took payment from my account. after 8 says of waiting I rang them to be told the above. they said I will get my refund in 3-5 days but never got it so I rang back and complained im still waiting to recieve my refund and after much debating managed to get a £10 gift card to use on anything which they are going to post to me. they offered me 10% off but in order to get that you have to spend min £100. you aint gonna get much more of them trust me ive tried.
Original Poster
Thanks all for comments...much appreciated. Hopefully i get a gift card at least

Yes greed for sure. Will continue to email them for a couple of days. I would leave it but for them to muck up on two refunds isn't right. And for me to prompt them to pay me my money back isn't right.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants