JD Wetherspoon 'to create 10,000 jobs over four years'

Posted 10th Dec 2019Edited by:"splender"
The chain said it would invest £200m in new pubs and hotels, as well as enlarging existing ones. ...

Contrary to what most people, if not all, tend to do here in MISC, when it comes to jobs, they post job losses (recently British Steel, John Lewis call centre...etc.) quick as lightning.

I post here job gains! Positive news for a change (for jobs), as no one has done this positive news as yet and we are into the evening.

[ Some of us could do with more cheap pints and food at the 'Spoons.]

3360380.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Wetherspoons founder Tim Martin says bring on Brexit.

Purely because of their founder I won't give any Wetherspoons outlet my patronage anymore
ScubaDudes10/12/2019 18:54

Sorry didn't read it correctly

no problem we have all been there I’m a regular gun jumper.

Still doing the maths on what is existing the number 10,000 doesn’t make sense. He has 40,000 employees, 900 pubs and 58 hotels. He is adding 60 pubs and 4 hotels less than 7% expansion but is planning to take on a further 25% of its current workforce and to top it off it didn’t inform its investors
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 10th Dec 2019
15 Comments
It always helps when you a seeking planning permission and licences to say you will create thousands of jobs...
Wetherspoons founder Tim Martin says bring on Brexit.

Dannyrobbo10/12/2019 18:18

It always helps when you a seeking planning permission and licences to say …It always helps when you a seeking planning permission and licences to say you will create thousands of jobs...

I think he knows what he's doing without your help
ScubaDudes10/12/2019 18:27

I think he knows what he's doing without your help

help? It was a sarcastic way of saying exactly what you said. Of course he knows what he is doing “hey I’m going to create 10,000 jobs, could you sign off on those plans please”
Dannyrobbo10/12/2019 18:43

help? It was a sarcastic way of saying exactly what you said. Of course …help? It was a sarcastic way of saying exactly what you said. Of course he knows what he is doing “hey I’m going to create 10,000 jobs, could you sign off on those plans please”

ScubaDudes10/12/2019 18:54

no problem we have all been there I’m a regular gun jumper.

Still doing the maths on what is existing the number 10,000 doesn’t make sense. He has 40,000 employees, 900 pubs and 58 hotels. He is adding 60 pubs and 4 hotels less than 7% expansion but is planning to take on a further 25% of its current workforce and to top it off it didn’t inform its investors
when was the last time you owned a business that turned over 1.8 billion ? Didnt think so ! A long as my dividends keep rolling in no problem.
Dannyrobbo10/12/2019 19:23

no problem we have all been there I’m a regular gun jumper. Still doing t …no problem we have all been there I’m a regular gun jumper. Still doing the maths on what is existing the number 10,000 doesn’t make sense. He has 40,000 employees, 900 pubs and 58 hotels. He is adding 60 pubs and 4 hotels less than 7% expansion but is planning to take on a further 25% of its current workforce and to top it off it didn’t inform its investors

You said, "...but is planning to take on a further 25% of its current workforce and to top it off it didn’t inform its investors "

What do you mean by the last part, to inform its investor of what in your "..to top it, it didn't inform its investors"?
Purely because of their founder I won't give any Wetherspoons outlet my patronage anymore
Cakeboy7910/12/2019 19:59

Purely because of their founder I won't give any Wetherspoons outlet my …Purely because of their founder I won't give any Wetherspoons outlet my patronage anymore

Did he serve you stale cake?
Cakeboy7910/12/2019 19:59

Purely because of their founder I won't give any Wetherspoons outlet my …Purely because of their founder I won't give any Wetherspoons outlet my patronage anymore

I bet Tim has many a sleepless night fretting over that
Azwipe10/12/2019 20:46

I bet Tim has many a sleepless night fretting over that

I’m sure he doesn’t, but at least my conscience is eased.
splender10/12/2019 19:39

You said, "...but is planning to take on a further 25% of its current …You said, "...but is planning to take on a further 25% of its current workforce and to top it off it didn’t inform its investors "What do you mean by the last part, to inform its investor of what in your "..to top it, it didn't inform its investors"?

I misread the article it brought up some crazy point about brexit beer mats and not informing investors bloody BBC, I Confused the two. The numbers very much don’t add up though there’s heavy spin on them. Still good news though even if they are not highly skilled jobs.
Cakeboy7910/12/2019 21:05

I’m sure he doesn’t, but at least my conscience is eased.

You said, "conscience". I am just checking in case that you misused this word.

I believe conscience is about ethical and moral principles (not politics, economics....).

What did he do that was unethical and immoral ?
And what unethical and immoral things that you avoided, that which you would otherwise inflict on others, henceforth, easing your conscience?
Edited by: "splender" 10th Dec 2019
Some good news out of Brexit. Lots of new jobs and plenty of places to drink away our sorrows and at least the beer is cheap.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions