Jeffree Stars new make up launch Cremated

Expert (Beta)11
Posted 16th May
Is anyone else thinking that Jeffree Stars new make up collection launch called Cremated is poor taste at the moment.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

11 Comments
Something is definitely wrong with his brain - probably dead.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 16th May
Predikuesi16/05/2020 20:28

Something is definitely wrong with her brain - probably dead.

I watched the video and shade names are even more inappropriate.

I know Jeffree Star seems to enjoy been controversial but I feel this time it could actually damage his brand.

The timing just couldn't be worse in the middle of a world wide pandemic.
If he was 6 months or longer in planning and organising range, then no
myusernamehasgone23416/05/2020 20:34

I watched the video and shade names are even more inappropriate. I know …I watched the video and shade names are even more inappropriate. I know Jeffree Star seems to enjoy been controversial but I feel this time it could actually damage his brand.The timing just couldn't be worse in the middle of a world wide pandemic.

Just looked up who it is. I see now it's a man. Any negative publicity will no doubt be a draw for some.
Robbie000016/05/2020 20:46

If he was 6 months or longer in planning and organising range, then no

Yeah it would have taken over 6 months to plan, but surely better to rebrand it or ditch the launch.
Predikuesi16/05/2020 20:46

Just looked up who it is. I see now it's a man. Any negative publicity …Just looked up who it is. I see now it's a man. Any negative publicity will no doubt be a draw for some.

Possibly so but I think even his most devoted followers may not buy this at this time.
Obviously it's poor taste, you are not meant to eat it!
666FU16/05/2020 21:05

Obviously it's poor taste, you are not meant to eat it!

myusernamehasgone23416/05/2020 20:49

Yeah it would have taken over 6 months to plan, but surely better to …Yeah it would have taken over 6 months to plan, but surely better to rebrand it or ditch the launch.

If invested in making videos and advertising over six months ago, then still no, would cost him too much to rebrand
Robbie000016/05/2020 23:49

If invested in making videos and advertising over six months ago, then …If invested in making videos and advertising over six months ago, then still no, would cost him too much to rebrand

He mentioned doing the promotion shots & video right before lock down in the US.

I suppose once the palettes have been reduced it too late. To be honest it’s a bit grim without a global pandemic but I guess he like to shock.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions