Jessops vs Calumet, new lens sale

3 replies
Found 7th Aug 2016
Hello, if I was buying a camera lens for over £1k, and I had the choice between picking it up between physical stores jessops or calumet, which one would you go for and why? Thank you

1. Ask
  2. Lens
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Lens
3 Comments

Neither - I'd buy from DigitalRev instead. No point paying a grand for a lens if you can get it for £800 instead.

Original Poster

dxx

Neither - I'd buy from DigitalRev instead. No point paying a grand for a … Neither - I'd buy from DigitalRev instead. No point paying a grand for a lens if you can get it for £800 instead.

​Thanks. the not even 10% price difference in the lens I'm interested in, for me isn't forth the non eu warranty, the chance of needing to pay customs and mainly as the question suggests, not being able to walk into the store and test before buy. So for this one I will stick with Jessops or Calumet....so....is there a difference between the two?

With Calumet you can trade in an old lens to get the price of the new lens down a bit. I also think they do 12 months interest free on lenses over £1k.
Hope this helps.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769550
    2. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games12
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming2746
    4. One4all gift cards can only be converted to Amazon codes until MIDNIGHT TON…11

See more discussions