Jet 2 cancelled my holiday. can't contact them.

Posted 22nd Apr
We were due to fly to Fuerteventura on 1st April but our holiday was cancelled.
I cannot contact Jet2 as they are not accepting calls on their phonelines.
Because the date for departure has now passed you cannot go through the amend my booking part of their site.
We have not had any contact from Jet2 other than the emails telling us our holiday was cancelled 8 days and then 1 day before we were due to fly and know of no way to contact them.
Any advice?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Twitter
Facebook
Email?
My sister in law got her refund from jet2 today, she didn't have to do anything they did it all.
fearona22/04/2020 14:41

My sister in law got her refund from jet2 today, she didn't have to do …My sister in law got her refund from jet2 today, she didn't have to do anything they did it all.

If you don't mind me asking, when was she going? thanks.
According to various social media posts, Jet2 seem to be handling the situation relatively (in comparison to others) well with regards to refunds, they are basically working through them in chronological order and contacting the customer as and when its your turn.

Easyjet, RyanAir, BA, LoveHolidays etc are being hammered on social media so its probably just best to wait until they get to you i suppose.

Annoying i know but extraordinary time etc.
maccy1i22/04/2020 14:44

If you don't mind me asking, when was she going? thanks.

June.
She also had return flights booked with easyjt who offered to refund her with vouchers for outward flight but not returning lol They soon changed their tune when she pointed out the law, then got full refund
Edited by: "fearona" 22nd Apr
fearona22/04/2020 14:47

June.

Thanks, I've (well, had) flights next week and I've still not had a refund.
I have contacted a jet2 representative bot through their Facebook page using messenger.
they say they will be in contact typically within 24 hours.

I'll keep this updated as to what happens.
ArcadeAssassin22/04/2020 14:46

According to various social media posts, Jet2 seem to be handling the …According to various social media posts, Jet2 seem to be handling the situation relatively (in comparison to others) well with regards to refunds, they are basically working through them in chronological order and contacting the customer as and when its your turn. Easyjet, RyanAir, BA, LoveHolidays etc are being hammered on social media so its probably just best to wait until they get to you i suppose. Annoying i know but extraordinary time etc.

I got an email saying they would contact me within 10 days, that was around 12 days ago, with fearona saying his sister got a refund already for June, the chronological order doesn't seem to be working as my flights were for next week and I've not had a refund.

Quite frustrating when you've to wait for their call, but I understand just how inundated they must be.
rincewynd622/04/2020 14:50

I have contacted a jet2 representative bot through their Facebook page …I have contacted a jet2 representative bot through their Facebook page using messenger. they say they will be in contact typically within 24 hours.I'll keep this updated as to what happens.

Thanks, it'll be interesting to see if that works
fearona22/04/2020 14:47

June.She also had return flights booked with easyjt who offered to refund …June.She also had return flights booked with easyjt who offered to refund her with vouchers for outward flight but not returning lol They soon changed their tune when she pointed out the law, then got full refund

I just can't be bothered having a fight on my hands with this one, normally I wouldn't care but when you can't contact them, it's too frustrating
We had flight cancelled byJet2 , we were told via text message on 18th March that our flight on 31st March was cancelled and we would receive a refund in due course. Had no further contact so we contacted them on 11th April to lodge a complaint, received an email week later to say our refund would be in our account within 5 days and it was. Log into MyJet2 and tab to very bottom and of page and click on contact us. You will be prompted to select how you want to contact, choose ‘online’. Then select the option that fits your situation eg my holiday has been cancelled. The next step is to choose one of four options click on ‘complain ‘ and you will be presented with an online form where you can detail your booking reference and nature of your complaint. If you lodge it as a complaint they are duty bound to investigate and respond. This worked for us, good luck!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions