Groups

JET LAG!!!

Anybody have a solution?!

14 Comments

sleep,water n sleep..lol

know how you feel man lol currently in LA feeling shattered but only 10.41 at night trying to stay awake haha

Original Poster

Not ready yet

sleep,water n sleep..lol

Haha! I've been trying. I've slept for maybe for a couple of hours but that's it! I've never seemed to of had it before. I've been to places with time different differences before but never got it. But NOW!!! Not good!

a friend said she did a bit of light exercise n avoided caffeine products which helped.

Original Poster

numptyj

know how you feel man lol currently in LA feeling shattered but only … know how you feel man lol currently in LA feeling shattered but only 10.41 at night trying to stay awake haha

Yeah i stayed awake to try and defeat the problem and slept for ages the first night. But its just really hit me today!

Btw i hope you enjoying yourself in LA!

forcing yourself to try n sleep won't help.it'll make you more irate. Get up n go for a walk/paper, have a light brekkie if you havent done so n then try.

Original Poster

Not ready yet

a friend said she did a bit of light exercise n avoided caffeine products … a friend said she did a bit of light exercise n avoided caffeine products which helped.

Cool. Thanks, i might have a little jog or something later.

havent suffered from it yet. So cant really say much else

no probs.

Original Poster

Not ready yet

havent suffered from it yet. So cant really say much else

HAHA! Let's hope you don't have to deal with it.

I've never got it before but this time its just hit!

maybe its an age thing..lolz
    Catches up

Coming back from New York, we got home at 8am & hadn't really slept on the flight home. So I took a short nap (2 hours) and set the alarm so I had to get up. Then I spent the day as usual & made myself stay up until 9/10pm & woke up fine the next day.

However, the worst jetlag I've ever had was coming home from Chicago. Kept waking up not knowing where I was & took days to get over that.

A few tips I've read along the way:
    Get back into your routine asap.
    On the flight there/home, get into the timezone as early as possible ie eat when it's lunchtime at desination etc.
    Apparently it takes 1 day for every hour of time difference to get back to normal!!

Good luck!!

Original Poster

beatrixkiddo79

Coming back from New York, we got home at 8am & hadn't really slept on … Coming back from New York, we got home at 8am & hadn't really slept on the flight home. So I took a short nap (2 hours) and set the alarm so I had to get up. Then I spent the day as usual & made myself stay up until 9/10pm & woke up fine the next day.However, the worst jetlag I've ever had was coming home from Chicago. Kept waking up not knowing where I was & took days to get over that.A few tips I've read along the way: Get back into your routine asap.On the flight there/home, get into the timezone as early as possible ie eat when it's lunchtime at desination etc.Apparently it takes 1 day for every hour of time difference to get back to normal!! Good luck!!

Sweet! Thanks for the tips. I'm looking forward for a lovely week then!

no jets = no jet lag
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions