Jet2Holidays

Posted 13th Mar 2023
Hi has anyone booked a holiday with Jet2Holidays. How was your overall experience?

In terms of the luggage. I understood it includes 10kg and 22kg. Are there any size restrictions? Do I have to check in the second bag or can I carry it as hand luggage?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    oldcodger
    As with all ( maybe an odd exception somewhere in the world ) your hold allowancwe 22kg can be split into either 2 or 3 cases, ( airline dependant ) the 10kg is a completely seperate allowance, and is your carry on, different airlines have there own idea of an acceptable size of the item so check with them. Can't comment on Jet 2 as a company, but given all airlines have their problems at times, it probably is pot luck whether things go smoothly or not.
    cecilmcroberts
    I've been using them more or less from inception and would prefer them over the others. We dont get much choice from Belfast, really anyhow. Have experienced two hotel amendments whereby the hotel we had chosen didn't open on time and they offered us other accommodation in same resort (which was better) for no charge. Also had a few cancelled over covid and they had been great about it, we did 2 changes (each time we got more discount or an upgrade like taxi transfer). Have used the hotel bags pickup before flight on way home twice (only certain destinations and hotels offer this) which was also great.
    Never seen them check anyones hand luggage yet, nor weigh it, not to say they dont that is. Some flights from here are holidays only, others are mixed packages and flight only, they may check those mixed ones more. You can also take another small bag onboard for free also, long as it fits under the seat in front, on top of the other cabin bagagge. Always take my man bag, lol. Also found they take your weight for hold bags as a combined total which is also helpful.
    In resort reps are available if you need them but never pester you for trips, etc, unless you ask them. (edited)
    chrb
    I choose jet2 as less likely to cancel flights than other airline's. But the transfers are basic and long and without a rep. The rep normally only attends hotel a couple of times a week. They are generally more expensive than other companies, but you can get £100 discount code.
    You have to pay £4ish to guarantee 10kg cabin bag onboard or may get put in hold (edited)
    .MUFC.
    They're pretty good, Although was stuck on plane 1.5 hours without aircon. They had to fit a part on the plane whilst we all melted etc.. They had previously attempted take off but warning light kept coming on! Once they changed the part we took off zero issues.
    bargainhunter1
    Top company...
    compca80
    I used Jet 2 for the first time last summer. I was dreading the queue at Manchester Airport - Jet 2 had loads of staff and desks open. The lady explained that they allocate a piece of luggage to a specific passenger in the group (so say for example one of the group was to be taken off the flight for some reason, their bag would go too - even if it had a mix of other people's items in it in case that helps you pack!)

The flight to Crete was very comfortable - much more legroom than on an easyjet flight and the seat was bigger too although it wasn't the extra legroom or emergency exit aisles (we did have to pay to sit together and I would recommend that you do if you're travelling with young children). One thing that did happen in the lead up to the holiday was the plane was changed and I couldn't rebook our seats to sit together on the website due to a tech glitch but I called them and they sorted it out for me.

The hotel was one we'd independently visited in previous years so we were familiar with it and the resort. The in resort reps were helpful.

I had been looking at flights with easyjet last year for my family and the flights plus luggage had shot up from £1200 to £2000 - and then I had accommodation on top which would have been about £1000 (iirc) but I found the Jet2 deal for £2500 for 10 nights s/c and booked it, packed it,....!

I would travel with them again!
's avatar
Top Merchants