Expired

JFK Airport Private Transfers - Any Recommendations

Admin 30 replies
Found 8th Jan 2009
Flying into NY JFK in April and as there are 5 of us travelling together, I was looking at arranging an airport pickup to transfer us to midtown Manhattan.

I've looked at a few different sites but a few of them look a bit dodgy! Has anyone had private transfer before/ travelled via shuttle? Can anyone recommend a company at all?
We've flown into Newark in the past and just grabbed a cab but as it's hubby's 30th, I wanted to do something a bit better!

Any advice appreciated

Ta guys!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
29 Comments

Is this a plan for all of Admin to post a thread?
Good luck with organising anyway!

Be careful The JFK may think this is a "epic" thread about him

Banned

try a limo company if there are 5 of you and travel in style

]http//ww…tml

]http//ww…tml

seem to be around $100 ish give or take unless uo go for a hummer stretch at $350

PS: We are having a promotion on airport pickups , a light tour for one hour in midtown Manhattan with a bottle of champagne complementary for just $100.00 additional (6 and 10 pass stretch limousines only)

We had a taxi to midtown and its set at $45 plus tolls & tip...theres a queue of taxis waiting to pick you up outside the terminal with an attendant organising it all...they can put the 5 of you in a people carrier

Edit: Then I read the very last bit of the thread and now I look stupid...duh!

Hi Juliet_bravo - we travelled to NY a few times and just caught a yellow cab from the front of the airport. Straight out of departures - there is a big line of yellow cabs, and no queues usually. I think its a set fare of about $45 to transfer to any address in Manhattan. We fitted 2 adults, 2 kids and 4 suitcases easily!
The limos are also available to jump in from JFK, but to be honest we've preferred the cabs
jd

[url]www.tripadvisor.com[/url]

Is always good for advice and tips!

As above said, limos from the airport are very cheap.

You can get one for around $100.

ask the man himself, lol

Original Poster Admin

casparwhite;3996754

try a limo company if there are 5 of you and travel in style … try a limo company if there are 5 of you and travel in style ]http://www.new-york-limo.org/rates.html]http://www.nytoplimo.com/rates.htmlseem to be around $100 ish give or take unless uo go for a hummer stretch at $350PS: We are having a promotion on airport pickups , a light tour for one hour in midtown Manhattan with a bottle of champagne complementary for just $100.00 additional (6 and 10 pass stretch limousines only)

Have been looking a stretch chryslers! Just worried about booking and the driver not turning up or something :oops:

jdspinks;3996777

Hi Juliet_bravo - we travelled to NY a few times and just caught a yellow … Hi Juliet_bravo - we travelled to NY a few times and just caught a yellow cab from the front of the airport. Straight out of departures - there is a big line of yellow cabs, and no queues usually. I think its a set fare of about $45 to transfer to any address in Manhattan. We fitted 2 adults, 2 kids and 4 suitcases easily!The limos are also available to jump in from JFK, but to be honest we've preferred the cabs jd

Thanks As mentioned, we usually grab a cab but this time I was looking for something a bit more special

Benson's Bargain;3996828

[url]www.tripadvisor.com[/url]Is always good for advice and tips!

Thanks- have used tripadvisor for other things before, didn't realise they had a transfers sector- will check it out!

Abvance;3996947

ask the man himself, lol

:lol:

Yeah JFK, which transfer company do you recommend from you to NYC?

My mate has just flown back to JFK and used a car service, waiting for her to text me back. Bit similar price to the cabs but inclusive of tolls etc

Used Stagecoach when we were there from newark to manhattan was a gd price, not sure if they do jfk also though, worth a try. :thumbsup:

Good info

nysubway.com/air…tml

vinylandtrinkets;3996967

try and book one with your travel agent, when we went years ago we used a … try and book one with your travel agent, when we went years ago we used a yellow cab and we did a brilliant de-tour round the bronx, harlem before we got to the hotel, he charged us over $150.00 too..lol when we asked the hotel to book us our return cab they told us they would sort it out as the minute some of the cab drivers hear an English/British accent they do what ever they can to rip you off, so we had the hotel book everything and the same yellow cab company took us back to JFK and charged us $65.00 , just a tip just in case. have a great time.

$65 still sounds high? Hotel taking on the side?
Paid $37 each way when I went summer before last.
Limo may seem attractice based on initial pricing but they tend to inflate the cost by the time you arrive with attempts to charge for cases/ kids/ other unusual supplements so make sure price is inclusive prior to getting in. Limos usually available at JFK itself just waiting to pick up - take exit out of JFK that looks accross several lanes of traffic prior to the JFK turnpike flyover and take a gander - usually taxis around there as well.

Original Poster Admin

seancampbell;3997131

$65 still sounds high? Hotel taking on the side?Paid $37 each way when I … $65 still sounds high? Hotel taking on the side?Paid $37 each way when I went summer before last.Limo may seem attractice based on initial pricing but they tend to inflate the cost by the time you arrive with attempts to charge for cases/ kids/ other unusual supplements so make sure price is inclusive prior to getting in. Limos usually available at JFK itself just waiting to pick up - take exit out of JFK that looks accross several lanes of traffic prior to the JFK turnpike flyover and take a gander - usually taxis around there as well.

Thanks for that, $65 is more than we paid for a cab last time aswell.

Cant you hire a car out? So get someone to drive and im sure sat navs may work there? :thinking:

Ok, NYC mate just got back to me JB, she uses ]dial7.com :thumbsup

Wow, another JFK thread.

I'll ask the other half, we got a blacked out 4x4 of some sort all leather etc - sure it was only $45
each way to central manhattan Island

We are going to NY in 4 weeks. I also use Trip Advisor for advice and the New Yorkers on there say that the fare for a taxi is $45 + tip and tolls, which works out around $60. I've had loads of advice from them and they recommend Dial7 or New York Airport Service.

We used ]supershuttle it was $38 each way for two of us.

we did this once, ended up paying twice for same trip as guy wouldn accept the voucher we bought

The last time I did this, it was cheaper(than a yellow cab) to catch a stretch Limo outside the terminal directly to Manhatttan.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh89/thesaint01/pics%20for%20forum/ballin.jpg

thesaint;4002433

The last time I did this, it was cheaper(than a yellow cab) to catch a … The last time I did this, it was cheaper(than a yellow cab) to catch a stretch Limo outside the terminal directly to Manhatttan.

Don't think this is recommended though 'cos their not regulated and may not have any insurance or be murderers or summit.

Goonieman;4002459

Don't think this is recommended though 'cos their not regulated and may … Don't think this is recommended though 'cos their not regulated and may not have any insurance or be murderers or summit.

indeed.plus on many occasions tourists are taken on indirect routes and locked in the cars until they are given payment.....:oops:

Goonieman;4002459

Don't think this is recommended though 'cos their not regulated

should have made it clear.
You book it from a phone from a phone in the terminal, just like the ones in the supermarkets here.

Goonieman;4002459

and may not have any insurance or be murderers or summit.

Yes, it's quite common for strech Limo drivers to murder tourists.

Woosh!!

Original Poster Admin

Thanks for the tips there guys, especially the murdering limo driver thing...

Definitely going to check out dial7

Goonieman;4002099

We used ]supershuttle it was $38 each way for two of us.

The regular New Yorkers on Trip Advisor advise not to use Supershuttle, as they have a bad rep.

I used Carmel, rubbish looking site but they did the trick for me: carmellimo.com/
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769367
    2. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3280
    3. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!1214
    4. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…47

See more discussions