Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland CD versions

2 replies
Found 30th Dec 2009
I remember in the 90s that there were two re-issues of this album on CD. I bought the 1993 version - the one with Jimi exhaling smoke on the cover.

I think I remember reading that one release was before the Hendrix estate took complete ownership over Jimi's work and one was after. But, what I want to know is, are there any differences between the two releases? More specifically, is one release better than the other?

Many thanks...

2 Comments

it was remastered in 91, so should be the same, that's a lot harder to find cover, i only know of artistsdirect in the US selling the cd w that cover, and you're not guaranteed to get that i bet, they have gone with the yellow and red side view cover now

Original Poster

[SIZE="2"]Based on what I've read (last night and this morning) about these album releases, there might well be a difference in sound as the 1993 release was re-mastered by Joe Gastwirt whereas the 1997 release was re-mastered by Eddie Kramer - who was the engineer on the original recording.

I don't think either release was re-mixed, but as Eddie Kramer worked on the original, I think I'll buy the 1997 release to find out which one's best, if at all. [/SIZE]
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed442
    2. 1 Product Online Shop12
    3. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?712
    4. Pictures from camera to android phone11

See more discussions